Authors: USE THE DATABASE

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#21 Ultimate_MANG0

Ultimate_MANG0
  • 701 posts

Posted October 28, 2015 - 06:35 AM

So how will people know that we have done a song? Should we put it in the DB and then tell people we've done so on our customs thread?

kFntCK9.jpg

#22 Drihscol

Drihscol
  • 166 posts

Posted October 28, 2015 - 07:10 AM

That's what I've been doing

#23 The_Guitar_Hero_King

The_Guitar_Hero_King
  • 868 posts

Posted October 28, 2015 - 07:28 AM

I have not added all my songs as i want to work on them to be like real dlc more.

I should of not really uploaded the 2 muse songs as they are not as good as real dlc/

Do you like lot's of Muse, my thread has it Here
Other bands on my thread are Arctic Monkeys, Katy Perry and Metallica & Ozzy Osbourne.

#24 Farottone

Farottone

The Lean Mean Customs Charting Machine

• Administrator
  • 5,665 posts

Posted October 28, 2015 - 10:44 AM

So how will people know that we have done a song? Should we put it in the DB and then tell people we've done so on our customs thread?

Exactly.

#25 hotfuzz

hotfuzz
  • 90 posts

Posted February 12, 2016 - 12:41 AM

Is it possible if I post other authors already posted customs in the database if I give them the credit??

#26 Farottone

Farottone

• Administrator
  • 5,665 posts

Posted February 12, 2016 - 12:47 AM

How do you mean?

#27 hotfuzz

hotfuzz
  • 90 posts

Posted February 12, 2016 - 12:57 AM

For example: http://pksage.com/cc...es-salty-r11239

Is it allowed that I post this in this manner?

#28 Farottone

Farottone

• Administrator
  • 5,665 posts

Posted February 12, 2016 - 12:58 AM

No, you should let the original author post to the DB.

#29 hotfuzz

hotfuzz
  • 90 posts

Posted February 12, 2016 - 12:59 AM

That's why I asked.. What if the artist is no longer appearing in the forums?

#30 Farottone

Farottone

• Administrator
  • 5,665 posts

Posted February 12, 2016 - 01:11 AM

Have you tried to contact them?

#31 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,106 posts

Posted February 12, 2016 - 01:17 AM

there is no current system for avoiding duplicates which I don't understand

#32 hotfuzz

hotfuzz
  • 90 posts

Posted February 27, 2016 - 11:21 PM

The legacy database a nice feature to search by song length. Is this something that would be possible as well with the custom database?

Would it also be possible in the custom data base to sort by source, author or co-author?

#33 Fat Ha1p3rt

Fat Ha1p3rt
  • 247 posts

Posted March 10, 2016 - 06:47 AM

I'm currently fixing up older customs from the repository and I don't know who the original authors are for these songs. Like right now I have 505 by Arctic Monkeys and I went through and authored lower difficulties, added overdrive, fixed the lip syncing and fixed a couple typos. It's 100% complete now and ready to go in the database, but am I not allowed to post it there because I'm not the one who created it?

#34 Farottone

Farottone

• Administrator
  • 5,665 posts

Posted March 10, 2016 - 10:44 AM

You sure can post those songs: in the notes just state that you don't know the original author, credit the unknown author and let them know that they will be properly credited if they contact you. ;)

#35 BearzUnlimited

BearzUnlimited

HEYYEYAAEYAAAEYAEYAA

• 219 posts

Posted March 10, 2016 - 07:42 PM

I'm currently fixing up older customs from the repository and I don't know who the original authors are for these songs. Like right now I have 505 by Arctic Monkeys and I went through and authored lower difficulties, added overdrive, fixed the lip syncing and fixed a couple typos. It's 100% complete now and ready to go in the database, but am I not allowed to post it there because I'm not the one who created it?

I think this is the original author.

Check out my thread for full band, all difficulties customs from a variety of artists and genres!

8vHkNJp.png

---

i think that indie band pink floyd really messed up when they didntmake that whole song money just the cash register sounds
pink floyd's "the wall" is an entire concept album about a man who needs no education because his dream is simply to build a lovely big wall

#36 Fat Ha1p3rt

Fat Ha1p3rt
  • 247 posts

Posted March 10, 2016 - 09:40 PM

I think this is the original author.

Ahh awesome thanks man! That's the same chart alright. The weird thing is that my version doesn't have keys. I'll have to download it from there and add keys to my version

#37 Cuban Legend

Cuban Legend
  • 120 posts

Posted July 2, 2016 - 01:22 AM

So there was a custom recently posted onto the database (anywhere from a week to 2 months ago) that the author said had a 2 minute drum solo, i didn't DL it then but now I'm desperately looking for it and I can't find it. Does anyone remember which song it was? and why can't we search the author database by "author description" if I could do that I'd just type "solo" and id find it almost right away. 

Thanks in advance!

edit: found it http://customscreato...anna-die-r13247

#38 FujiSkunk

FujiSkunk
  • 578 posts

Posted July 2, 2016 - 04:04 AM

Edit: Mystery solved before I even had a chance.  Don't mind me. :)

#39 Menacex911

Menacex911
  • 18 posts

Posted July 7, 2016 - 12:56 AM

Is there any requirement i might be missing before uploading customs?
I've charted around 200 songs for expert+ only drums. And I have a spreadsheet of my own, but I'd like to share with as many people as I can.

#40 Sideshow

Sideshow
  • 2,270 posts

Posted July 7, 2016 - 01:17 AM

Is there any requirement i might be missing before uploading customs?
I've charted around 200 songs for expert+ only drums. And I have a spreadsheet of my own, but I'd like to share with as many people as I can.

Just drop your con file into the upload section and the software should decifer most of the work.  I'm well aware of your spreadsheet and have been tracking it for a long time now.  If you decide to upload all your songs to this site I just recommend searching the database already to make sure somebody else hasn't already uploaded it.  For 2X bass pedal versions just type 2X="link of the song" in the other downloads section of the uploader. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users