Customs in Rock Band 4?

customs Rock Band 4

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#41 Maxton

Maxton
  • 46 posts

Posted June 29, 2018 - 12:24 AM

It's a semi-untethered jailbreak, to use iPhone terms. The jailbreak doesn't go away when you put it in rest mode, and you can save the exploit in your browser's cache and run it without a network connection. But it does have to be re-run every cold boot.

Also like iPhone jailbreaks, you can't downgrade your system and new jailbreaks take a while to be released publicly after patches come out. Currently the latest is for 5.05

#42 MikeysRBLounge

MikeysRBLounge
  • 35 posts

Posted June 29, 2018 - 08:50 PM

As awesome as this is (yes I immdiately starting tracking down the right - extra - PS4...) I have to wonder a few things:

1. RB4 will be stuck at whatever version it was at prior to the PS4 getting updated to 5.05. If RB4 wasn't already installed, then we'll be stuck with the release version of RB4

2. With no way to get legit DLC on there, I'll still have to have to have two consoles running - one for legit DLC and one for customs

So now I wonder if it's really worth the extra hassle. Pretty cool that it's happening though :)

#43 Maxton

Maxton
  • 46 posts

Posted June 30, 2018 - 05:58 AM

1. False. You can install an update package from a USB drive. That is how I'm playing RB4 version 2.3.1 on this PS4.

2. True - for now, at least.

#44 beard216

beard216
  • 2,180 posts

Posted June 30, 2018 - 02:49 PM

*watches this thread intently*

Professional defeater of Hobbzee's RB scores since 1989. :D :P

My C3 Universe Profile!

#45 sois

sois
  • 17 posts

Posted July 29, 2018 - 06:17 PM

*watches this thread intently*

+1

#46 Arrawen

Arrawen
  • 1 posts

Posted September 4, 2018 - 03:58 PM

I made an account just to post on here. Really hope you're still at it Maxton! I saw the github and that it hasn't been visited in about a month and I'm wondering if there has been any progress since? Wish I could help out but I have no idea ;-;

#47 Rocker1999

Rocker1999
  • 38 posts

Posted September 8, 2018 - 05:50 PM

I made an account just to post on here. Really hope you're still at it Maxton! I saw the github and that it hasn't been visited in about a month and I'm wondering if there has been any progress since? Wish I could help out but I have no idea ;-;

There's nothing to share really.  Work has been halted while Maxton has been working on a custom solution to get .pkgs working (Which is LibOrbisPkg if you're looking at his GitHub)

Right now we use the PS4 dev tools, but there are some problems with that.  1. That's illegal and 2. We can't distribute anything made with those tools.

In terms of progress for in-game, there are still two major things left to go until everything is at a minimum in stable working order, camera in venues (post procs and lighting works) and harmonies (solo vox works fine)

#48 Abacus

Abacus
  • 12 posts

Posted September 17, 2018 - 10:39 PM

I really hope it works out tho, this quite incredible! Also, that screenshot looks like a really old version of RB4. What happened there? lol

#49 Alternity

Alternity
  • 814 posts

Posted September 18, 2018 - 02:22 AM

As far as I understand the exploit only works with older PS4 firmwares and that probably results in only being to use old versions of RB4. This might change in the future, as in exploits might be able to be used in recent PS4 firmwares and/or might be able to install recent RB4 updates. The PS4 homebrew scene is still pretty new.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: customs, Rock Band 4

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users