Customs in Rock Band 4?

customs Rock Band 4

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 Maxton

Maxton
  • 46 posts

Posted June 29, 2018 - 12:24 AM

It's a semi-untethered jailbreak, to use iPhone terms. The jailbreak doesn't go away when you put it in rest mode, and you can save the exploit in your browser's cache and run it without a network connection. But it does have to be re-run every cold boot.

Also like iPhone jailbreaks, you can't downgrade your system and new jailbreaks take a while to be released publicly after patches come out. Currently the latest is for 5.05

#42 MikeysRBLounge

MikeysRBLounge
  • 35 posts

Posted June 29, 2018 - 08:50 PM

As awesome as this is (yes I immdiately starting tracking down the right - extra - PS4...) I have to wonder a few things:

1. RB4 will be stuck at whatever version it was at prior to the PS4 getting updated to 5.05. If RB4 wasn't already installed, then we'll be stuck with the release version of RB4

2. With no way to get legit DLC on there, I'll still have to have to have two consoles running - one for legit DLC and one for customs

So now I wonder if it's really worth the extra hassle. Pretty cool that it's happening though :)

#43 Maxton

Maxton
  • 46 posts

Posted June 30, 2018 - 05:58 AM

1. False. You can install an update package from a USB drive. That is how I'm playing RB4 version 2.3.1 on this PS4.

2. True - for now, at least.

#44 beard216

beard216
  • 2,130 posts

Posted June 30, 2018 - 02:49 PM

*watches this thread intently*

Professional defeater of Hobbzee's RB scores since 1989. :D :P

My C3 Universe Profile!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: customs, Rock Band 4

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users