Customs in Rock Band 4?

customs Rock Band 4

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 pumpkinpie

pumpkinpie
  • 162 posts

Posted March 26, 2018 - 05:26 PM

oh my this would be awesome to have customs in RB4 on the PS4 - I don't really play keys so that is a moot point for me.

Do you need to be on an older firmware ?

I haven't actually booted up my PS4 in a long time but I know I am on > 4.05

#22 Maxton

Maxton
  • 41 posts

Posted March 26, 2018 - 06:35 PM

You can be on any firmware up to and including 4.55 at this time. But, I am still partway through writing the midi converter, and haven't written any converters for .rbsong yet. So it will still be some time before customs are fully working.

#23 pumpkinpie

pumpkinpie
  • 162 posts

Posted March 26, 2018 - 07:43 PM

thats okay - will wait with eager anticipation !

i will have to check tonight to see what firmware i am on though - is there a jailbreak that you need to do first ?

sorry haven't kept up to date on the ps4 scene

#24 Maxton

Maxton
  • 41 posts

Posted March 26, 2018 - 09:10 PM

Yes there is a jailbreak. It's a "temporary" jailbreak in that you have to re-apply it each time you start the console. But, it's as simple as visiting a web page in the internet browser. I'll be writing a complete tutorial once all the tooling I'm working on is ready. Unfortunately, the only way to make custom PKGs (until someone makes an open source tool) is by using leaked SDK tools so I won't be able to provide those. I'm looking into a way to do this without needing to make PKGs, but I have no guarantees on that front.

#25 pumpkinpie

pumpkinpie
  • 162 posts

Posted March 26, 2018 - 11:49 PM

thanks maxton - unfortunately i am on 5.01 firmware so i guess i might have to look for an older console if i have any hope of customs on ps4.

unless of course they come up with a jailbreak for current firmware.

appreciate all that you are doing here nonetheless.

#26 Maxton

Maxton
  • 41 posts

Posted March 27, 2018 - 02:57 AM

There is a private exploit for 5.01 which might get released in the near future, so I would stay on 5.01 if possible.

#27 pumpkinpie

pumpkinpie
  • 162 posts

Posted March 27, 2018 - 03:02 AM

oh great news - thanks again maxton. 

I will leave it unplugged for now in hopes for it !

#28 Dangus

Dangus
  • 293 posts

Posted April 21, 2018 - 06:34 PM

Nice job Maxton!

S/N: forgot how ugly rb4 used to look 😂

#29 VreyRB2

VreyRB2
  • 121 posts

Posted May 1, 2018 - 04:52 PM

Why would you say such a pessimistic thing? I can already load custom songs onto my PS4's music library. I put the chances at 99.9%.

unknown.png

WHAT WHAT WHAT ALL OF MY YES  :aaa:

QSFitNA.gif

#30 pumpkinpie

pumpkinpie
  • 162 posts

Posted May 11, 2018 - 07:26 PM

There is a private exploit for 5.01 which might get released in the near future, so I would stay on 5.01 if possible.

Hey Maxton - I been following the scene and it looks like an expolit for 5.01/5.05 may get released soon !

Any news on getting customs into RB4 ?

#31 Maxton

Maxton
  • 41 posts

Posted May 13, 2018 - 12:08 AM

I'm still working on the midi converter. If anyone knows C# and wants to help speed up this process, please feel free to help! All my work can be found at https://github.com/maxton/LibForge

#32 pumpkinpie

pumpkinpie
  • 162 posts

Posted May 19, 2018 - 05:23 PM

Thanks for the update Maxton - so are you pretty confident this is actually going to happen ?

#33 Maxton

Maxton
  • 41 posts

Posted May 21, 2018 - 08:27 PM

Yes. I will start a new topic when I have something to show for all the work I'm doing. Until then, patience is key :)

#34 lifeismusic5

lifeismusic5
  • 112 posts

Posted May 22, 2018 - 01:24 AM

Yes. I will start a new topic when I have something to show for all the work I'm doing. Until then, patience is key :)

Does this mean its a sure thing? Because tbh the song limit kills Rock Band 3 for me, I really wish that wasnt a thing, but glad to know Rock Band 4 doesnt exactly have that issue.

#35 Sideshow

Sideshow
  • 2,542 posts

Posted May 22, 2018 - 01:35 AM

I have a OG PS4 waiting to make my Rock Band 4 customs machine if when this happens.  Good luck!

#36 Alternity

Alternity
  • 745 posts

Posted May 22, 2018 - 02:24 AM

Does this mean its a sure thing? Because tbh the song limit kills Rock Band 3 for me, I really wish that wasnt a thing, but glad to know Rock Band 4 doesnt exactly have that issue.

If you have a decent PC the song limit can be "removed" (Or should I say, modified) with Dolphin. Just a heads up.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: customs, Rock Band 4

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users