• Please log in to reply
175 replies to this topic

#1 anglebracket

anglebracket
  • 148 posts

Posted October 10, 2015 - 10:57 AM

< anglebracket's customs >

hey all,

i've been charting FoFiX / Phase Shift songs for myself for a good few years now, and when i found out RB3 customs were a thing i decided to give them a go. i have a bunch of songs finished, as well as several in the works at any given time, so i figured i'd try to put some out on a semi-regular basis for anyone besides me who'd happen to enjoy 'em. i chart everything except pro G/B and venues, including reductions.

click images for database entries!

May 28 - White Town and Chromeo

i have a really bad habit of jumping between projects as i grow bored working on the same thing for too long. over the last month this has resulted in me getting a lot accomplished, but not much actually ready for release. i do, however, have these two songs to show that i have in fact been doing things. first is one-hit wonder White Town's "Your Woman"; a song you probably never thought you'd see in Rock Band, but here it is. second is electro-funk duo Chromeo's breakout single in the US, "Jealous (I Ain't With It). both of these songs have challenging, funky basslines that are a ton of fun to play, and Your Woman shines on keys as much as Jealous does on harmonies.

you can expect to see chart contributions from me in other people's threads sometime soon...

0cb5355415.jpg

099fb2a440.jpg

May 1 - Sugar Ray 3-pack

so it's been a while! since i had new stuff in my own thread, that is. for anyone who missed it, i helped out farottone with a big Yes release last week. go check it out over in his House of Customs thread. but this week i'm back with more Sugar Ray! kind of. i'm not very good with checking to see if someone's already done something i'm working on, so i ended up with customs of Fly and Someday that were a bit unnecessary. fortunately, i'd charted some things the other folks (Nunchuck and Sygenysis) hadn't, and Sy was kind enough to work with me on Frankensteining our customs together. these are the definitive versions! i've also done Falls Apart, a slightly less well known song off of 14:59, which has both a keys and a rhythm version. so without further ado:

.zip format pack download

33d41c7f8c.jpg

55f1966add.jpg

e912638d62.jpg

April 2 - "Teenage Dirtbag" & "Sleeping with a Friend"

just got two songs this week, but two really fun ones. there's been a Teenage Dirtbag custom floating around for a long while, but it's drums-only and has pretty poor tempo mapping. i've given the '00s one hit wonder the full band treatment it deserves - it's easy all-around, but lots of fun for group play. i also have a Neon Trees song i'd been hoping Harmonix wouldn't take, and as it turns out, i got lucky. Sleeping with a Friend is a bit of an underappreciated single, but my absolute favourite song by the band. the harmonies here are beautiful, and i personally think this custom has some of my best vocal authoring. if you're a singer, definitely try this one out.

once again i'm not sure if i'll have a release next weekend. quality over quantity i guess? i've got at least one collab release in April though, as well as something i'm sure you'll all like towards the end of the month.

9179437126.jpg

80ad0b51ff.jpg

March 21 - The Cure 3-pack
March 13 - (sic) by Slipknot
February 20 - Metric, Matt Nathanson, DNCE
February 14 - "Bitter Taste" by Three Days Grace
December 19 - "I Won't Tell You" by Lacuna Coil
December 12 - "Synchronicity I" by The Police
December 5 - "Six Shooter" by Coyote Kisses

November 28 - Nine Inch Nails 3-Pack

November 21 - New Wave 3-Pack

November 14 - Twenty One Pilots, Tally Hall, Boney M

November 7 - Big Data, Bleachers, Walk the Moon

October 31 - "Face Stealer" by Pinn Panelle

October 24 - Sugar Ray 3-Pack

October 17 - Owl City, Rotation, Royal Blood

October 10 - Virtual Bands 5-Pack

hope you all enjoy! more songs are on their way. i'm open to constructive criticism, and if you notice something's off about one of my songs, let me know and i'll fix it asap!

< my customs >

< latest release: White Town and Chromeo >

#2 Farottone

Farottone

The Lean Mean Customs Charting Machine

• Administrator
  • 6,411 posts

Posted October 10, 2015 - 10:59 AM

Hey, would you mind posting or PMing me RPP+audio of the most accomplished song you've done from the bunch? :)

#3 Ultimate_MANG0

Ultimate_MANG0
  • 809 posts

Posted October 10, 2015 - 12:53 PM

Every link sends me to a page with muddled up mess :ohdear:    I would REALLY like the files to that savlonic song, so I can do a venue for it. I would also like to do that whole RED Album. If I get around to it, would you like to help? ;) 

kFntCK9.jpg

#4 anglebracket

anglebracket
  • 148 posts

Posted October 10, 2015 - 01:00 PM

Every link sends me to a page with muddled up mess :ohdear:    I would REALLY like the files to that savlonic song, so I can do a venue for it. I would also like to do that whole RED Album. If I get around to it, would you like to help? ;)

hm, it works fine for me, but i was wondering if this would happen. did you try right-click, save as? if that doesn't do it i can reupload somewhere else.

and sure, i'd be willing to help with the album, if i have time outside of the other customs i have planned. i'll send you the RPP and audio for The Driver via PM; i think i know what you have in mind for the venue and i'm looking forward to it. :hocuspocus:

< my customs >

#5 Ultimate_MANG0

Ultimate_MANG0
  • 809 posts

Posted October 10, 2015 - 01:04 PM

i think i know what you have in mind for the venue and i'm looking forward to it. :hocuspocus:

Please tell me what you have in mind? Because I usually think of stuff as I go :P

kFntCK9.jpg

#6 anglebracket

anglebracket
  • 148 posts

Posted October 10, 2015 - 01:05 PM

Please tell me what you have in mind? Because I usually think of stuff as I go :P

that effect where the screen goes all red. you know the one. i'm clueless about venue authoring though.

did you try right-click -> save target as?

< my customs >

#7 Ultimate_MANG0

Ultimate_MANG0
  • 809 posts

Posted October 10, 2015 - 01:07 PM

Oh and I've tried clicking on it, opening in new tab. It's all the same. Most likely something on my end, but would you be able to upload the Gorrilaz track on something else? I would love that one :P

kFntCK9.jpg

#8 anglebracket

anglebracket
  • 148 posts

Posted October 10, 2015 - 01:10 PM

Oh and I've tried clicking on it, opening in new tab. It's all the same. Most likely something on my end, but would you be able to upload the Gorrilaz track on something else? I would love that one :P

i'm reuploading to Mediafire right now. sorry for all this trouble. :/

< my customs >

#9 Ultimate_MANG0

Ultimate_MANG0
  • 809 posts

Posted October 10, 2015 - 01:12 PM

i'm reuploading to Mediafire right now. sorry for all this trouble. :/

Don't sweat it. It's not your fault :) Of course when I see songs I want my computer just goes "No, you're not allowed that! fdsdskljfdsa;kljgfdsa;kljgds;kljgds"

kFntCK9.jpg

#10 anglebracket

anglebracket
  • 148 posts

Posted October 10, 2015 - 01:23 PM

alright, everything's linked to Mediafire now. again, sorry for the hassle. to think i was trying to make a good first impression! :b

< my customs >

#11 Ultimate_MANG0

Ultimate_MANG0
  • 809 posts

Posted October 10, 2015 - 01:28 PM

Much better for me thanks :) Send me The Driver files when your ready and I'll get a venue done ASAP. You certainly made a good impression for me! Gorillaz AND Savlonic, you're instantly in my good books :P

kFntCK9.jpg

#12 Farottone

Farottone

• Administrator
  • 6,411 posts

Posted October 10, 2015 - 03:18 PM

Wrong server configuration, it was serving a binary file as text probably.

#13 Ultimate_MANG0

Ultimate_MANG0
  • 809 posts

Posted October 10, 2015 - 03:41 PM

Wrong server configuration, it was serving a binary file as text probably.

That would be it. Certainly looked like it.

kFntCK9.jpg

#14 frigginelvis

frigginelvis
  • 69 posts

Posted October 12, 2015 - 03:56 AM

Thanks a bunch for these. I'm really stoked to see a Savlonic track in here!

#15 Darksphere92

Darksphere92
  • 214 posts

Posted October 12, 2015 - 07:06 AM

Wouldn't the two songs from GTA VC count as virtual bands? (Love Fist). Or maybe I am thinking wrong.

#16 frysdog93

frysdog93
  • 39 posts

Posted October 12, 2015 - 10:51 AM

wowwww Prozzak? that's some classic toronto music right there. I swear i used to watch the music video for that song years ago on ytv (our version of Cartoon Network/Nick)  Very cool! 

#17 anglebracket

anglebracket
  • 148 posts

Posted October 12, 2015 - 11:09 AM

Thanks a bunch for these. I'm really stoked to see a Savlonic track in here!

my pleasure! if all goes well, you can expect to see more Savlonic from MANG0 and/or me sometime in the future.

Wouldn't the two songs from GTA VC count as virtual bands? (Love Fist). Or maybe I am thinking wrong.

yeah, they do. i never implied that mine were the only virtual band songs in RB; hell, Harmonix have released a bunch.

< my customs >

#18 Degana

Degana
  • 25 posts

Posted October 15, 2015 - 05:13 AM

i had the same problem when i was attempting to download using Firefox, it was fine when i used chrome

#19 Farottone

Farottone

• Administrator
  • 6,411 posts

Posted October 16, 2015 - 12:39 PM

19-2000 is borderline C3 material, I would advise downloading it in a heartbeat if you like it. If the rest is of the same quality, I suggest people subscribe to this thread. :)

#20 EcoFreak

EcoFreak
  • 228 posts

Posted October 16, 2015 - 01:07 PM

19-2000 is borderline C3 material, I would advise downloading it in a heartbeat if you like it. If the rest is of the same quality, I suggest people subscribe to this thread. :)

i was about to say that, from my point of view the bass is excellent.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users