Ollie's Customs (and Other Music For Uplifting Gormandizers) - 03/31 - New <!> The Chain Gang of 1974 - 1 new song

Full Band EMHX C3

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#21 Ollie

Ollie
  • 319 posts

Posted November 3, 2015 - 07:47 PM

New song's up !

#22 RBPUK

RBPUK
  • 217 posts

Posted November 5, 2015 - 12:45 AM

Thanks for the Connells track - one of those MTV videos you had to watch.

#23 Ollie

Ollie
  • 319 posts

Posted November 12, 2015 - 04:35 PM

Thanks for your feedback, much appreciated.

Anyway here's a new song, coming straight from an aborted C3 end of days pack

Since there's no guitar and pretty noticeable violin parts for most of the song, you can also download an [alternate guitar version] © with the violin parts charted on guitar, to give the song the full band experience © it'd lack otherwise. Have fun.

#24 rcale

rcale
  • 429 posts

Posted November 12, 2015 - 08:03 PM

Oh my.

#25 samjjones

samjjones
  • 1,471 posts
    NJ: The Home of Sinatra, Springsteen, and Bon Jovi

Posted November 13, 2015 - 05:07 PM

Not a huge Lou Reed fan by any stretch, but have always liked that song's melody.  Thanks for sharing.

#26 Ollie

Ollie
  • 319 posts

Posted December 1, 2015 - 10:55 PM

Hi all

Huge update today. John Lennon once famously said that french rock was like english wine.

Here's arguably the finest whites and reds from the 80's and 90's, so non-french speakers can check these out (not sure the spoiler can handle that many youtube previews, though).

As usual, everything is charted and even more, since I did lots of "rhythm guitar on keys" versions for this release.

The Noir Désir songs that I previously released a few years ago have been hugely improved, so the (un)lucky few who already had those should need to redownload.

#27 kobras

kobras
  • 153 posts

Posted December 1, 2015 - 11:14 PM

Énorme merci pour ces chansons. Ta sélection est superbe. N'hésite pas à continuer sur ta lancé (d'autres titres de Matmatah, du Rita Mitsouko, du Bashung, Eiffel...)

Huge thanks for theses tracks. The selection is amazing. Do not hesitate to continue with french rock (somes other tracks from Matmatah, Rita mitsouko, Bashung, Eiffel...)

#28 Farottone

Farottone

The Lean Mean Customs Charting Machine

• Administrator
  • 6,455 posts

Posted December 2, 2015 - 12:26 AM

Ollie has been a true breath of fresh air since he joined us, providing a lot of that diversity we crave for. I'm very happy to see him releasing so many good songs now. :)

#29 Enirpyc

Enirpyc
  • 47 posts

Posted December 2, 2015 - 02:34 AM

Génial les chansons françaises!!! J'espère qu'il y en aura d'autres à l'avenir, comme du Jean-Jacques Goldman, Michel Berger, Francis Cabrel, Johnny Hallyday... Merci beaucoup!!

Awesome french songs!!! Hope there will be more to come, like Jean-Jacques Goldman, Michel Berger, Francis Cabrel, Johnny Hallyday... Thanks a lot!!

#30 RavenShadow

RavenShadow
  • 23 posts

Posted December 3, 2015 - 05:43 AM

Thank you Ollie ! Awesome !

#31 murlatok

murlatok
  • 177 posts

Posted December 3, 2015 - 06:05 AM

Wish Temps De L'Amour by francoise Hardy was squeezed in between these release (though it's not rock actually). Or maybe something from the Zaz's first album

#32 Ollie

Ollie
  • 319 posts

Posted December 3, 2015 - 08:06 PM

Ollie has been a true breath of fresh air since he joined us, providing a lot of that diversity we crave for. I'm very happy to see him releasing so many good songs now. :)

Thanks man, means a lot coming from you. And well, you know that I wouldn't have been able to pull out this kind of release without you and the rest of the C3 crew ;) 

Énorme merci pour ces chansons. Ta sélection est superbe. N'hésite pas à continuer sur ta lancé (d'autres titres de Matmatah, du Rita Mitsouko, du Bashung, Eiffel...)

Huge thanks for theses tracks. The selection is amazing. Do not hesitate to continue with french rock (somes other tracks from Matmatah, Rita mitsouko, Bashung, Eiffel...)

Génial les chansons françaises!!! J'espère qu'il y en aura d'autres à l'avenir, comme du Jean-Jacques Goldman, Michel Berger, Francis Cabrel, Johnny Hallyday... Merci beaucoup!!

Awesome french songs!!! Hope there will be more to come, like Jean-Jacques Goldman, Michel Berger, Francis Cabrel, Johnny Hallyday... Thanks a lot!!

Thank you Ollie ! Awesome !

Wish Temps De L'Amour by francoise Hardy was squeezed in between these release (though it's not rock actually). Or maybe something from the Zaz's first album

Thanks for your feedback, guys. Due to the volume of this release, I don't have french songs on my WIP list anymore, but I'll do some more next year. Word of caution though: I'm not a "variétés" fan, to say the least, so don't expect me to release anything from that genre. I'm not saying it will never happen (I did release some french electrostuff, after all) but it probably won't.

#33 MFX

MFX
  • 403 posts

Posted December 3, 2015 - 09:48 PM

Then I guess I'm too late to request this? ;)

#34 Ollie

Ollie
  • 319 posts

Posted December 3, 2015 - 11:21 PM

:hocuspocus:

Sadly, yes. I can't help but wonder how the hell did you find that song, cause we're talking about an obscure electrorock cover of the theme of a french kids tv show from the 70's here ! (even though the original composer is somewhat known).

The only rational explanation is that you are in fact Delamb. :brosius:

#35 MFX

MFX
  • 403 posts

Posted December 3, 2015 - 11:44 PM

Hah! Not Delamb, believe it or not. My brother had recently remembered the show from when we were kids (waaaaay back when), so I went looking for the theme on YouTube some 40-odd years later! I always loved that synth bass walk down in the "chorus" of the original.

#36 Exxucus

Exxucus
  • 48 posts

Posted December 10, 2015 - 06:32 AM

Wow! I was amazed to see Noir Desir here.  I always thought that if one of their songs would ever get charted it would be Fin de Siecle.  Thanks for an amazing four pack!

#37 Ollie

Ollie
  • 319 posts

Posted December 16, 2015 - 11:29 PM

Not a "real" release per se today, but I like I said earlier on this thread, I'm sometimes lazy. I overhauled and upgraded the QOTSA customs released a few months ago by Kloporte (who himself based his work on incomplete charts floating around).

You can check out his thread here http://pksage.com/cc...-gentle-giant/ if, for some strange reason, you never saw it.

Anyway, and as usual, all instruments are charted, proper reductions done, yadda yadda. Have fun.

#38 Distressed Ping

Distressed Ping
  • 282 posts

Posted December 17, 2015 - 01:01 AM

Thank you for the QOTSA songs

#39 RavenShadow

RavenShadow
  • 23 posts

Posted December 17, 2015 - 05:21 PM

Ollie,

Is there any chance that you can do the vocals parts on Kloporte's Palabra Mi Amor by Shaka Ponk ?

#40 Ollie

Ollie
  • 319 posts

Posted December 22, 2015 - 10:05 PM

Ollie,

Is there any chance that you can do the vocals parts on Kloporte's Palabra Mi Amor by Shaka Ponk ?

There's always a chance I'll do it someday, but since I don't particularly like the song, that's far from a given.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Full Band, EMHX, C3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users