The New Community Customs Database (or, "pksage's folly")

database

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#81 The_Guitar_Hero_King

The_Guitar_Hero_King
  • 868 posts

Posted November 1, 2015 - 04:04 AM

Got a idea, it would be cool to let you have something to say what version of the song so then people know it has been updated.

It only shows the name so it would be great to have something that says it has been updated or the version of the custom.

Do you like lot's of Muse, my thread has it Here
Other bands on my thread are Arctic Monkeys, Katy Perry and Metallica & Ozzy Osbourne.

#82 iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic
  • 160 posts

Posted November 1, 2015 - 03:03 PM

Got a idea, it would be cool to let you have something to say what version of the song so then people know it has been updated.

It only shows the name so it would be great to have something that says it has been updated or the version of the custom.

It does show when it was last updated, you can sort by it. I recently updated one of my songs, so here's what the date looks like

October 23, 2015
October 2, 2015

October 2 is when I posted it, Oct 23 is when I last updated it

Makes Linkin Park customs. Click to see my thread!

#83 The_Guitar_Hero_King

The_Guitar_Hero_King
  • 868 posts

Posted November 3, 2015 - 07:58 AM

It does show when it was last updated, you can sort by it. I recently updated one of my songs, so here's what the date looks like

October 23, 2015
October 2, 2015

October 2 is when I posted it, Oct 23 is when I last updated it

Ok, thanks.

Other bands on my thread are Arctic Monkeys, Katy Perry and Metallica & Ozzy Osbourne.

#84 anglebracket

anglebracket
  • 148 posts

Posted November 14, 2015 - 12:32 PM

would it be possible to set up notifications for when people leave comments on your customs?

< my customs >

< latest release: White Town and Chromeo >

#85 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,401 posts

Posted November 14, 2015 - 05:31 PM

would it be possible to set up notifications for when people leave comments on your customs?

+1

basically any notification like when someone leaves a rating or anything like that

#86 The_Guitar_Hero_King

The_Guitar_Hero_King
  • 868 posts

Posted December 5, 2015 - 09:52 AM

A crazy idea but could it be possible to add scores to the song?

Where you can take pictures showing your score?

#87 SpaceagePimpin

SpaceagePimpin
  • 1 posts

Posted February 14, 2016 - 06:05 PM

IMPORTANT

For those of us who used the old C3 database to download Phaseshift song packages, this new database is terrible to do so.  There is not a way to filter just that type of download so I find myself shifting through 300 CON files before I find a song that has a Phaseshift download option.

I can't be the only one with this gripe.  Please address this!

#88 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 4,720 posts

Posted February 14, 2016 - 06:17 PM

You're more likely to "solve" your "problem" by using C3 CON Tools and converting the songs to Phase Shift format yourself.

#89 Gigakoops

Gigakoops

Resident Movie Nerd

• 1,086 posts

Posted March 6, 2016 - 03:48 PM

Here's two things I've noticed that I want to ask about, both involving other people's uploads.

• Often I've seen people either forget or not notice to switch an instrument that isn't on their song from "Not Authored" to "Song Does Not Have," bringing their "disco record" sign down several tiers, even if they've authored all the parts that would be in the song, all difficulties, etc. Would there be a way to perhaps make it more noticeable, or to make the defaults for each instrument "Song Does Not Have" so that people don't make this error as easily when uploading a song without certain parts?
  • Just now, saw someone upload a pack by various artists, and while their method isn't what one would expect from this database, it's got me wondering if maybe in the future it'd be possible to upload actual packs of songs as it's own entries, as well as the individual songs. It'd especially be great for things like full albums and themed packs I think, to be able to group them together, perhaps linking to individual songs within the pack's page, as well as a download link for the pack itself.

#90 Farottone

Farottone

The Lean Mean Customs Charting Machine

• Administrator
  • 6,043 posts

Posted March 6, 2016 - 03:58 PM

Here's two things I've noticed that I want to ask about, both involving other people's uploads.

• Just now, saw someone upload a pack by various artists, and while their method isn't what one would expect from this database, it's got me wondering if maybe in the future it'd be possible to upload actual packs of songs as it's own entries, as well as the individual songs. It'd especially be great for things like full albums and themed packs I think, to be able to group them together, perhaps linking to individual songs within the pack's page, as well as a download link for the pack itself.

It could be nice to have that feature but it would need to be coded in anew, and I'm not sure pksage has the time to devote to that.

• Often I've seen people either forget or not notice to switch an instrument that isn't on their song from "Not Authored" to "Song Does Not Have," bringing their "disco record" sign down several tiers, even if they've authored all the parts that would be in the song, all difficulties, etc. Would there be a way to perhaps make it more noticeable, or to make the defaults for each instrument "Song Does Not Have" so that people don't make this error as easily when uploading a song without certain parts?

Making it more noticeable could be a thing, but reverting the process would not: if people forget to properly mark a song it's a disservice to the users but most importantly to the author, who doesn't get to properly advertise their work. For that reason the author is now incentivised to check the form before uploading. If things were reversed, the author who now, even if incentivised, forgets to properly mark their songs would end up submitting a form that shows the song as having all instruments when it doesn't, which is worse. The author would get a shiny icon and the users would get an incomplete song marked as full band. We'll see if pksage has some ideas on how to make the fields more visible, or maybe just add a Confirm pop up showing which instruments are missing just as a reminder ("You are about to submit a song that's missing Guitar and Harmonies: confirm?" Yes/No).

#91 Gigakoops

Gigakoops

Resident Movie Nerd

• 1,086 posts

Posted March 9, 2016 - 06:38 PM

Making it more noticeable could be a thing, but reverting the process would not: if people forget to properly mark a song it's a disservice to the users but most importantly to the author, who doesn't get to properly advertise their work. For that reason the author is now incentivised to check the form before uploading. If things were reversed, the author who now, even if incentivised, forgets to properly mark their songs would end up submitting a form that shows the song as having all instruments when it doesn't, which is worse. The author would get a shiny icon and the users would get an incomplete song marked as full band. We'll see if pksage has some ideas on how to make the fields more visible, or maybe just add a Confirm pop up showing which instruments are missing just as a reminder ("You are about to submit a song that's missing Guitar and Harmonies: confirm?" Yes/No).

Ah I see. Maybe one solution could be to make all of the options default to the same as the instrument ones (i.e., "Choose An Option"), so that everyone has to select something for each field? I realize it's more work on everyone's behalf, but if it means people don't accidentally set their custom as not having things charted that aren't there, and it affecting how their customs appear, that might be the best way. Either way, I guess it's not that important, just something I've occasionally noticed happened is all.

#92 WaxTrax

WaxTrax
  • 2 posts

Posted March 17, 2016 - 11:17 PM

Is there a way to export all or any portion of the database to, for example, a CSV file? I apologize if this has already been covered; I've spent the last hour searching the forum and I didn't see anything about it.

Thank you.

#93 Farottone

Farottone

The Lean Mean Customs Charting Machine

• Administrator
  • 6,043 posts

Posted March 17, 2016 - 11:52 PM

Not as far as I know.

#94 Jonztu

Jonztu
  • 128 posts

Posted March 19, 2016 - 11:37 AM

Sorting by views doesn't work for me. 

#95 MashRed

MashRed
  • 11 posts

Posted April 15, 2016 - 11:20 PM

Just a suggestion to whenever it gets updated again, but there should be someway to search by Author.

#96 Dash Riprock

Dash Riprock

C3U Moderator

• 546 posts

Posted April 16, 2016 - 12:04 AM

After clicking on the author's name, choose 'Find Content', then select by content type: customs.

░   C3 Universe  |  C3 Database  |  My Profile  |  Feedback  |  WiP : Blues Traveler - Run-Around   ░▒▓█ 

#97 geronimo8

geronimo8
  • 4 posts

Posted April 24, 2016 - 05:35 PM

Can you add filter for the consoles available?
Like, show for "Wii only" or "Xbox only" or "PS3 only".

#98 jloboc

jloboc
  • 245 posts

Posted April 28, 2016 - 10:19 PM

I was unaware you could sort by views, but it seems that option under "custom" is not working.

Is this something in the works and not yet implemented or it's not working?

#99 The_Guitar_Hero_King

The_Guitar_Hero_King
  • 868 posts

Posted May 16, 2016 - 06:23 AM

Not sure if this get's updated anymore but can we get notices for when someone posts on a custom you made?

#100 Alternity

Alternity
  • 562 posts

Posted June 2, 2016 - 07:59 PM

I was wondering, is there a way to filter the songs that has every instruments charted (including pk and harmonies) that the song has? Or maybe just sort the database by the "info" column? I tried to find a way for that but there doesn't seem to be any.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: database

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users