The Beatles Discography Project

• Please log in to reply
190 replies to this topic

#21 oscarj08

oscarj08
  • 368 posts

Posted September 28, 2015 - 01:14 AM

i have done a 2x bass pedal version for "good morning good morning"

who wants to convert it? (it includes the original multitracks)

#22 Hetz

Hetz

Beacon of Positivity

• 761 posts

Posted September 28, 2015 - 02:24 AM

I would include at least Hey Jude, from the singles. Any Beatles discography needs to have their biggest hit. :)

#23 EvilChameleon

EvilChameleon
  • 155 posts

Posted September 28, 2015 - 03:10 AM

I would include at least Hey Jude, from the singles. Any Beatles discography needs to have their biggest hit. :)

Oh man, that would be incredible at parties. Just get the whole room singing it.

#24 wingsoveramerica

wingsoveramerica
  • 543 posts

Posted September 28, 2015 - 08:20 PM

how will the scedule go, will it be weekly, monthy, 1 song a day?

#25 Nyxyxylyth

Nyxyxylyth

Magnificent Bastard

• Administrator
  • 1,379 posts

Posted September 28, 2015 - 10:22 PM

I for one ain't doing it like that.

#26 LkProd

LkProd
  • 94 posts

Posted September 29, 2015 - 01:04 AM

From the looks of it I'd guess they'd finish everything up to release a single complete package

Not sure though

#27 petriz

petriz
  • 16 posts

Posted September 29, 2015 - 04:45 AM

Here is my contribution. I suggest make a karaoke/Instrumental audio for a best quality.
http://www32.zippysh...ayY3W/file.html

#28 The_Guitar_Hero_King

The_Guitar_Hero_King
  • 868 posts

Posted September 29, 2015 - 07:26 AM

I don't know any Beatles song but if you want i can try do left hand animations for 3 songs

Do you like lot's of Muse, my thread has it Here
Other bands on my thread are Arctic Monkeys, Katy Perry and Metallica & Ozzy Osbourne.

#29 FujiSkunk

FujiSkunk
  • 677 posts

Posted September 29, 2015 - 01:52 PM

Studio albums (UK releases, not American, the original ones)...

So only six tracks on Magical Mystery Tour then? :)

#30 3Pic81ueUnicorn

3Pic81ueUnicorn
  • 15 posts

Posted September 29, 2015 - 03:06 PM

So only six tracks on Magical Mystery Tour then? :)

I'm sure it will be the 11 track American LP. That's the version that is recognized as being part of the Beatles core discography, and the Beatles Rock Band sorted "Hello Goodbye", "All You Need Is Love" under Magical Mystery Tour instead of as singles.

#31 Farottone

Farottone

The Lean Mean Customs Charting Machine

• Administrator
  • 6,167 posts

Posted September 29, 2015 - 03:21 PM

Using the UK original releases is a way to say that we won't follow that mess that were the first US releases. Besides, the 11 track was released in the UK too, though only later. However, and this addresses all minor stuff from animations to individual singles: the only reason I started this thread is because I have decided to commit to the project and exactly as we did for any C3 project it's gonna be taken seriously. For that reason, when we have way more than 100 songs to either finish or create from scratch, the last thing on our minds should be venues, which exact version of a song or if we're gonna release one song before another. 100% of our energies are needed on the authoring front to get the ball rolling, details are for later.

#32 FujiSkunk

FujiSkunk
  • 677 posts

Posted September 29, 2015 - 04:01 PM

Using the UK original releases is a way to say that we won't follow that mess that were the first US releases. Besides, the 11 track was released in the UK too, though only later.

Cool.  I was just being a smart-alec anyway.  It's kind of coincidental in that I recently wrote in another forum about EP's and how they were more popular in the UK than in the US, and also more popular earlier than later, which explains how one single "American" album ended up in the official Beatles canon.

But the fact that you gave me a serious answer certainly proves you're looking at this with a C3-level eye for detail. :)

#33 LkProd

LkProd
  • 94 posts

Posted September 29, 2015 - 06:24 PM

I'd really love to help but I don't think my authoring skills are up to C3 standards...  :ohdear:

#34 ElectricSkylab

ElectricSkylab
  • 83 posts

Posted September 29, 2015 - 10:28 PM

I think I'll complete a couple of songs from Please, Please Me. I don't have a good ear for harmonies, though, so they'll have solo vox parts unless someone's willing to help

Scratch that, not enough free time this month.

#35 Erniewan

Erniewan
  • 55 posts

Posted October 1, 2015 - 03:32 AM

Ok, today I went through all the songs again and listened for keys, and used the Beatles Bible to see any additional instrumentation (it is pretty accurate and shows who played what), so now my Keys list has been updated, and the songs that have instruments other than Piano, E. Piano, or Organ have been noted. I also put the songs in album order.

Note: The Beatles Bible says there are keys in Polythene Pam/Bathroom Window, but I cannot hear them at all (and they aren't noted in my sheet music either). I might try and listen to the multitracks some other time. 

Pro Keys charter here!

Beatles Discography Spreadsheet: https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

#36 FujiSkunk

FujiSkunk
  • 677 posts

Posted October 1, 2015 - 04:17 AM

There's also this book set that can help with keyboard charting... and pro-guitar charting as well, for those brave enough to go that route.

#37 Erniewan

Erniewan
  • 55 posts

Posted October 1, 2015 - 04:34 AM

Yeah! That's the one I have too.

Pro Keys charter here!

Beatles Discography Spreadsheet: https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

#38 Farottone

Farottone

The Lean Mean Customs Charting Machine

• Administrator
  • 6,167 posts

Posted October 1, 2015 - 09:22 AM

Note: The Beatles Bible says there are keys in Polythene Pam/Bathroom Window, but I cannot hear them at all (and they aren't noted in my sheet music either). I might try and listen to the multitracks some other time. 

Well of course, I thought when you wrote this, those big chords in the intro and other occurrances are clearly on piano. Then I went back to listen to it and actually I can't hear a piano. We'll see if the multitracks help.

#39 3Pic81ueUnicorn

3Pic81ueUnicorn
  • 15 posts

Posted October 1, 2015 - 02:30 PM

I have a spreadsheet of suggestions for instruments and some supplementary notes: https://docs.google....Ge4c/edit#gid=0.

This is by no means a definitive chart. Once you get to Revolver and onwards, it gets pretty hard to tell sometimes what should be charted where. "Revolution 9" is a headache waiting to happen.

#40 FujiSkunk

FujiSkunk
  • 677 posts

Posted October 1, 2015 - 03:29 PM

So I'll officially throw my hat in the ring and volunteer to help if I'm needed.  At this point my specialties are vocals/harmonies, drums and keys.  There aren't any particular songs I have my heart set on, and actually I'm paying more attention to other non-Beatles tunes right now, but if at some point there is a gap someone wants to see filled, I can lend a hand.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users