• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#21 Farottone

Farottone

The Lean Mean Customs Charting Machine

• Administrator
  • 6,469 posts

Posted October 7, 2015 - 10:24 AM

For those who played: did you notice a lag for the guitar freestyle solos?

#22 Subourbonator

Subourbonator
  • 631 posts

Posted October 7, 2015 - 10:34 AM

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the MASSIVE vocal lag.  It's so bad you have to turn the mic all the way down or you're hearing yourself nearly a second late.  I thought maybe it was just me but there are posts about it all over the place and, apparently, it's a problem on both systems.  I feel like I just paid $250+ to alpha test a Rock Band game.   :(

We noticed it yesterday. This is the worst of the many issues RB4 has and it definitely hurts the enjoyment of the game for me. I hope there is a fix soon.

**Rock Band needs more Power Metal**

#23 Farottone

Farottone

• Administrator
  • 6,469 posts

Posted October 7, 2015 - 10:35 AM

We noticed it yesterday. This is the worst of the many issues RB4 has and it definitely hurts the enjoyment of the game for me. I hope there is a fix soon.

But there was no lag for freestyle drum fills or guitar freestyle solos?

#24 mrmet2087

mrmet2087
  • 402 posts

Posted October 7, 2015 - 02:42 PM

The lag for seemingly everything kills this game. Makes me think a current gen rythym game just isn't possible to be enjoyable if the timing windows are massively opened up.

UPDATED LINK! My Thread With All My Video Game/Movie/TV Show Related Customs, Including Instrument and Difficulty Details -
http://pksage.com/cc...the-last-of-us/

#25 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 5,020 posts

Posted October 7, 2015 - 03:11 PM

Maybe it's a me thing, but we're not having lag issues.

I had to manually calibrate, as auto-calibration was way off. I also output audio via optical directly to my sound bar, TV is on game mode and sound bar is on passthrough so no processing. We also play with vocals lowered since I can hear my wife just fine without it needing to go through the TV. Maybe some or a combination of all of that makes lag be the one thing about this game i'm not bothered by.

#26 Nyxyxylyth

Nyxyxylyth

Magnificent Bastard

• Administrator
  • 1,409 posts

Posted October 7, 2015 - 03:28 PM

Maybe it's a me thing, but we're not having lag issues.

I had to manually calibrate, as auto-calibration was way off. I also output audio via optical directly to my sound bar, TV is on game mode and sound bar is on passthrough so no processing. We also play with vocals lowered since I can hear my wife just fine without it needing to go through the TV. Maybe some or a combination of all of that makes lag be the one thing about this game i'm not bothered by.

If you turn up the vocal volume, do you get the 300 ms lag everybody else is reporting?

#27 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 5,020 posts

Posted October 7, 2015 - 03:35 PM

I'll have to test when i'm home tonight. I'll report back then.

#28 xiaNaix

xiaNaix
  • 32 posts

Posted October 7, 2015 - 03:56 PM

Harmonix has responded to complains about the vocal lag via their official forums.  They ask that you submit a detailed report through their bug tracker so they can address the issue.

https://docs.google....mZlcBM/viewform

And, yes, there are tons of complaints about the lag in freestyle guitar solos as well.  Hopefully they can get these problems fixed before the major patch that's due in December.  

#29 chexmixho

chexmixho
  • 664 posts

Posted October 7, 2015 - 04:45 PM

yeah, not fixing actual bugs/issues in the game until a patch on december 6th (2 whole months after the game is out) is completely unacceptable.  they better not wait that long to fix these things.  i am really appreciative they were able to offer us most/all of our previous DLC and instrument compatibility but it seems like Harmonix just bit off more than they can chew here.

#30 Subourbonator

Subourbonator
  • 631 posts

Posted October 7, 2015 - 08:09 PM

Harmonix has responded to complains about the vocal lag via their official forums.  They ask that you submit a detailed report through their bug tracker so they can address the issue.

https://docs.google....mZlcBM/viewform

And, yes, there are tons of complaints about the lag in freestyle guitar solos as well.  Hopefully they can get these problems fixed before the major patch that's due in December.  

Thanks for the link. I just submitted my report.

**Rock Band needs more Power Metal**

#31 Sideshow

Sideshow
  • 2,609 posts

Posted October 8, 2015 - 01:12 AM

yeah, not fixing actual bugs/issues in the game until a patch on december 6th (2 whole months after the game is out) is completely unacceptable.  they better not wait that long to fix these things.  i am really appreciative they were able to offer us most/all of our previous DLC and instrument compatibility but it seems like Harmonix just bit off more than they can chew here.

And all of this just to beat Guitar Hero to the market.  I'll applaud Activision if their game launches with hardly any bugs. 

#32 xiaNaix

xiaNaix
  • 32 posts

Posted October 8, 2015 - 02:45 AM

@Farottone Yes, there is lag in the freestyle guitar solos as well.  I really hope they can fix this stuff.  :(

#33 LightBob

LightBob
  • 134 posts

Posted October 8, 2015 - 03:57 PM

I hate to pile on since i really love the RB series, but man - this just feels like a demo version of what's going to be a great game.

Between this and almost buying Tony Hawk 5 a few weeks ago, I told the wife to remind me to never buy a game at launch again.

I have complete faith that Hamrnoix will fix all of the issues and at least restore the features that were in RB3, but my weekend RB party has been cancelled in favor of something that people won't be annoyed with.

One issue that we had that I havent seen mentioned elsewhere. My buddy brought over his guitar so we'd have two and randomly he would drop out of songs. Once during a pause, once between songs, and once just mid song.

All buttons wouldn't work, he couldn't even pause or use the Xbox button to disconnect. He had to pull his batteries and plug them back in, then reconnect.

#34 samjjones

samjjones
  • 1,492 posts
    NJ: The Home of Sinatra, Springsteen, and Bon Jovi

Posted October 8, 2015 - 05:19 PM

I hate to pile on since i really love the RB series, but man - this just feels like a demo version of what's going to be a great game.

Between this and almost buying Tony Hawk 5 a few weeks ago, I told the wife to remind me to never buy a game at launch again.

I have complete faith that Hamrnoix will fix all of the issues and at least restore the features that were in RB3, but my weekend RB party has been cancelled in favor of something that people won't be annoyed with.

One issue that we had that I havent seen mentioned elsewhere. My buddy brought over his guitar so we'd have two and randomly he would drop out of songs. Once during a pause, once between songs, and once just mid song.

All buttons wouldn't work, he couldn't even pause or use the Xbox button to disconnect. He had to pull his batteries and plug them back in, then reconnect.

Did he have a new guitar, or an older one?  Did you check the connectors to make sure that there wasn't crusty battery acid or anything on them?

#35 Farottone

Farottone

• Administrator
  • 6,469 posts

Posted October 8, 2015 - 06:20 PM

Did he have a new guitar, or an older one?  Did you check the connectors to make sure that there wasn't crusty battery acid or anything on them?

It's a common issue among people who bought the new guitar apparently. Well, maybe not common but documented.

#36 Rushfan2112

Rushfan2112
  • 623 posts

Posted October 8, 2015 - 07:10 PM

Damn all these issues sound like a big headache. Perhaps its not so bad i don't have a Xbone to try mine out yet......  :haw: I hope they fix all this stuff for you guys soon. Hopefully have some of it patched by the time I can try RB4.  

Has anyone been able to get E drums to work on Xbone & RB4 yet ?? 

I just can't see myself going back to the toy set !!!  

Love the Music or Hate it but don't complain about it . It's FREE !!

#37 TomGuy

TomGuy
  • 356 posts

Posted October 8, 2015 - 07:55 PM

I played RB4 last night.  It wasn't terrible, but it was missing a lot.  Although I didn't get to play through everything, I did enjoy the way they do drum fills, that was pretty cool.

#38 RBPUK

RBPUK
  • 217 posts

Posted October 8, 2015 - 08:16 PM

I'm using a logitech guitar hero style guitar on the PS4 and I cannot activate overdrive by tilting it.  I can press the overdrive button but this usually breaks my multiplier when I fail at the next strum!

Anyone else finding this with the guitar hero guitars? 

#39 LightBob

LightBob
  • 134 posts

Posted October 8, 2015 - 09:31 PM

It's a common issue among people who bought the new guitar apparently. Well, maybe not common but documented.

Yep, new guitar. Im sort of glad it's a known problem and not just something we were doing.

#40 Sid Kafizz

Sid Kafizz
  • 264 posts

Posted October 10, 2015 - 08:08 PM

Has anyone been able to get E drums to work on Xbone & RB4 yet ?? 

I just can't see myself going back to the toy set !!!  

I dusted off an old DocsRockBandMods GHWT-drum-controller-based adapter - the one with a midi-in port, and to my mild surprise it works, even if it's only as a non-pro option. At least I'm not using the midget sized kit. I am having some issues with sensitivity and/or crosstalk, but after a few tries, I managed to get gold stars on a song.

So I guess you can say that I have an e-kit working in RB4. Sort of.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users