C3 Forums

Sep 25, 2015 - Tons and tons of songs

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Blog post: September 25, 2015 - The Great Flood (of songs)! 50+ tracks to keep playing after our releases end! (End of Days 3 of 4)   Use this thread to provide feedback on any of the following songs:

Another fantastic release from C3........you guys.....you guys...

The treasure for me were in the last 3 songs.....michael jackson from the thriller album 

baby be mine 

PYT

human nature

but also tons of goedies in the other songs.....my girlfriend and me will be playing for weeks (that sounds different than what I mean)

Thanks for all the work

Just a word of advice, Metalhead911 was a charting name that I used before I switched to Meander. 

Anyways, this looks like an epic week. Another DT album (even though I knew about this one [i figure that since it's out now, it doesn't really matter] a bit beforehand) is always a good thing. Especially since we now have their three best albums (SFOM>Awake>I&W) in-game. I'm stoked to see "Drive Home" in there (makes me wish I had gotten around to doing a Steven Wilson pack, but whatever). As always, you can't have too much Rush in here. Lou Reed is a pleasant inclusion. Same with the Final Fantasy tracks.

Also, I'm a Phase Shift player. I don't see the "A Mind Beside Itself" suite in the C3 Song Database.

Forgive me for being late, but I"ve been away from my house for a while... is the beginning (of where the vocals comes in) on guitar on "Lifting Shadows off a Dream" supposed to sound like only half the notes are charted? Are those "extra" notes I"m hearing just echoes or something?

From the blog post:

• “Lifting Shadows Off a Dream” – farottone writes, “On guitar, this song was recorded with an amazing use of the delay technique, so while it may sound undercharted, the notes authored are actually what is played on guitar.”
  • 3 weeks later...

So I finally played that Steven Wilson track, 'Drive Home' last night. Holy shit, what a great record. I've never even heard of him before but man, it's superb. It's a lot of fun on bass, I was properly getting into it towards the end.

I also played, 'Backslider' the other day for the first time. Challenging!

RIP Friday C3 DLC.

So I finally played that Steven Wilson track, 'Drive Home' last night. Holy shit, what a great record. I've never even heard of him before but man, it's superb. It's a lot of fun on bass, I was properly getting into it towards the end.

I also played, 'Backslider' the other day for the first time. Challenging!

RIP Friday C3 DLC.

If you like Steven Wilson then you should check out his main band Porcupine Tree. Some real good stuff there

Awesome! Glad to hear you're enjoying the track. The whole album is of the same caliber, give it a listen.

I don't mean to derail the thread but are either of you (naginalJJ / Drihscol) able to recommend anything customs-wise that is similar? You mention Porcupine Tree but are you able to point out two or three tunes to start on that are in the same vein as 'Drive Home'? That sort of dreamy, almost proggy, melodic vibe is wonderful - and if there's anything particularly nice for bass then that's even better. No problem, if not. :)

I don't mean to derail the thread but are either of you (naginalJJ / Drihscol) able to recommend anything customs-wise that is similar? You mention Porcupine Tree but are you able to point out two or three tunes to start on that are in the same vein as 'Drive Home'? That sort of dreamy, almost proggy, melodic vibe is wonderful - and if there's anything particularly nice for bass then that's even better. No problem, if not. :)

Check out Trains, it's the perfect entry point for Porcupine Tree in my opinion. I think there's a full band custom of it in Sideshow's thread.