RB3 (360) freezing upon loading songs?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 HNPsquared

HNPsquared
  • 14 posts

Posted September 21, 2015 - 07:18 PM

I recently jumped in and downloaded every C3 release, hoping to discover some hidden gems in these final weeks. I got the 1600+ files on my flash drive via RBtoUSB, but upon the game attempting to load everything the game completely freezes when it gets to the last file. I started to dive into the files to try to find what files may be the problem, but I have so far found at least one GH release freezing the game, and at least one non-GH custom causing the freeze. Has anyone encountered this, and if so, does anyone know any solutions short of checking EVERY file?

#2 Farottone

Farottone

The Lean Mean Customs Charting Machine

• Administrator
  • 6,382 posts

Posted September 21, 2015 - 07:39 PM

No single C3 custom should freeze your box, because they are all tested. Which songs are giving you problems?

#3 HNPsquared

HNPsquared
  • 14 posts

Posted September 21, 2015 - 07:42 PM

I'm going to have to dig around to see which GH song it is specifically, I will respond when I discover which it is.

#4 Farottone

Farottone

The Lean Mean Customs Charting Machine

• Administrator
  • 6,382 posts

Posted September 21, 2015 - 07:44 PM

I'm going to have to dig around to see which GH song it is specifically, I will respond when I discover which it is.

I'm more interested in the "non-GH" song.

#5 HNPsquared

HNPsquared
  • 14 posts

Posted September 21, 2015 - 07:59 PM

I will find it, but it may take longer, seeing as the catalog of non-gh customs is FAR larger.

#6 Domino

Domino
  • 251 posts

Posted September 22, 2015 - 03:36 AM

I'll just add that I've never had a c3 or forum custom freeze my 360. But it might be because your cache is over the limit. If you've added then removed songs over time without rebuilding the cache it can happen. If you are using the RBHP files they can artificially add to your cache if you don't have the dlc.

Try with your HDD out and just the flash storage of 1600 songs and build a new cache.

#7 HNPsquared

HNPsquared
  • 14 posts

Posted September 24, 2015 - 11:56 AM

If you don't mind me asking, since I have never come across this problem, how do I create a new cache?

#8 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 4,856 posts

Posted September 24, 2015 - 01:36 PM

Browse your Xbox hard drive, find Rock Band 3 song cache, delete it. Run the game. Game recreates it. You lose scores for most customs. Most problems related to customs are fixed. Voila.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk Pro.

#9 HNPsquared

HNPsquared
  • 14 posts

Posted September 25, 2015 - 11:35 AM

It seems using a new cache has fixed the problem, I will update once I finish putting everything on there.

#10 HNPsquared

HNPsquared
  • 14 posts

Posted September 25, 2015 - 06:48 PM

Edit: disregard.

#11 HNPsquared

HNPsquared
  • 14 posts

Posted September 26, 2015 - 05:28 PM

All set, the new cache fixed it all. Thank you for your help guys!

#12 ThroneOfExile

ThroneOfExile
  • 2 posts

Posted March 14, 2018 - 12:09 AM

Im long behind the conversation here, but Im having this same problem, it stops at the same number every time and freezes and deleting my cache did not work.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users