Sep 4, 2015 - "OK Computer", Rolling Stones 6-pack

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#41 sageamagoo

sageamagoo
  • 182 posts

Posted September 5, 2015 - 12:54 AM

Sometimes I think I'm the only person on the planet who doesn't like Radiohead (except for paranoid android)

Not meaning to be ungrateful about C3's work, of course, but just saying.

I was like you once. I thought OK Computer was boring. I kept listening to it, trying to like it, but it just didn't hold my interest. I thought Kid A was kind of good, but still wasn't really into the whole Radiohead thing. It took Hail To The Thief to make me rethink the band. Airbag is really not an accessible song; 2+2=5 makes a much better introduction. Then I went back to OK Computer, and Subterranean Homesick Alien was like, "that's pretty cool," then Exit Music was like whaaaattt, and then Let Down was like WHHHAAAAATTTT and I've been a fan ever since.

So yeah, Radiohead is awesome, and Bearz is awesome for putting in so much hard work to bring it to Rock Band. It's too bad C3's weekly releases have to end, but this really was the perfect closer. Now for the "end of days" festivities!

mvp74wr.png

#42 Hetz

Hetz

Beacon of Positivity

• 761 posts

Posted September 5, 2015 - 03:37 AM

thanks so much one step closer to completing my the rolling stones collection all i need is (miss you, angie, get off of my cloud, wild horses and the last time) but great week

I have a number of other Stones songs in my backlog that will start getting released in my thread in the not too distant future, several of which should you make you happy!

Very cool! Looking forward to them. :)

#43 hobbzee77

hobbzee77
  • 133 posts
    Deep in the Outer Rim... AKA Perth, Western Australia

Posted September 5, 2015 - 09:24 AM

WOW! What a week.
Can't wait to play all of the stones tracks, & OK Computer is personally in my top ten albums of all time, so saying thanks just doesn't come close to showing you how excited I am to play through this record on every instrument :excited:
You Guys r frickin AMAZEBALLS!!!!
:rock:

#44 ManicPixieGirl

ManicPixieGirl
  • 134 posts

Posted September 5, 2015 - 02:34 PM

I must say, Let's Spend the Night Together is a super fun party song. I think I had more fun singing the dryvox to that song than any other :) And I always get a smile on my face watching my bandmates go "Bop bop ba da da".

I've been requesting that song to Harmonix for years. It's such a perfect Rock Band song. Thanks. Plans for Brown Sugar?

#45 mcgg38

mcgg38
  • 23 posts

Posted September 5, 2015 - 04:36 PM

Such a stunning C3 release!
Wow can't even think how difficult might be to chart OkC! You rock, Bearz! :haw: Thank you for this RH's gem!!!
Stones' singles were like the icing on the cake :D

#46 moc_os

moc_os
  • 51 posts

Posted September 5, 2015 - 07:42 PM

holy %^&*! is it my bday? xmas come early? is there really a god?

awesome week. i'm super excited. getting everything

oh, i'm getting everything except for fitter happier just because it has no drums. otherwise i would :P

#47 Kemiroch

Kemiroch
  • 693 posts

Posted September 5, 2015 - 08:43 PM

I must say, Let's Spend the Night Together is a super fun party song. I think I had more fun singing the dryvox to that song than any other :) And I always get a smile on my face watching my bandmates go "Bop bop ba da da".

I've been requesting that song to Harmonix for years. It's such a perfect Rock Band song. Thanks. Plans for Brown Sugar?

Brown Sugar is currently available in my thread, which is linked in my sig.

Check out Kem's Customs! Featuring The Sounds, The Donnas, George Thorogood, and The Rolling Stones.

WIPs.

Collaboration Thread!

#48 RedVIII

RedVIII
  • 66 posts

Posted September 5, 2015 - 11:35 PM

OMG OMG OMG. Thank you so freaking much. I have waited for OK Computer since 2007. I am actually the one who started that infamous thread in the official forums. Holy shit. I can't believe that. It finally happened. Thank you guys! :D :excited:

I think I'm gonna cry. :shobon:

EDIT: I have to say you outdid yourself with those animations this time. Especially in Exit Music and Fitter Happier. Those effects. Amazing!

#49 RedVIII

RedVIII
  • 66 posts

Posted September 7, 2015 - 03:43 PM

After having the time to play through all the songs of OK Computer on Expert guitar and expert pro drums I have a few minor flaws I'd like to adress.

Mostly the charting was done very well and I enjoy those songs a lot, some guitar charts feel a bit of though, but most of the time it's not really a big deal (mostly they are done well) but what really throw me off was the guitar chart of the Chorus in "Lucky". The chart changes notes at totally different times than the actual guitar does, which is very strange.
For drums, I have to say that in "Climbing Up The Walls" way more bassdrum hits have been charted than what are actually in the song. I can tell because you can hear the few bassdrum hits that are there pretty clearly in this song IMO.

But like I said, everything else in those charts is pretty perfect, and I still can't believe we finally we have this album in Rock Band. Thanks again.

#50 Septekka

Septekka

HEYYEYAAEYAAAEYAEYAA

• 241 posts

Posted September 7, 2015 - 04:39 PM

Mostly the charting was done very well and I enjoy those songs a lot, some guitar charts feel a bit of though, but most of the time it's not really a big deal (mostly they are done well) but what really throw me off was the guitar chart of the Chorus in "Lucky". The chart changes notes at totally different times than the actual guitar does, which is very strange.
For drums, I have to say that in "Climbing Up The Walls" way more bassdrum hits have been charted than what are actually in the song. I can tell because you can hear the few bassdrum hits that are there pretty clearly in this song IMO.

I looked at Lucky again and I don't see any issues of the sort you're describing. There's a Y note with a hammer-on B as a bend, and then a series of descending notes. The overall "riff" plays as B-Y-R-Y-R-G, wrapped to fit the descending notes into the 5 buttons as well as leaving space for the higher note later in the chorus as O.

As for Climbing Up the Walls, the few bass hits you hear clearly have a loud, reverby effect on them. The rest are more audible when you bring the bass frequencies up and raise the pitch by an octave in Reaper. Other than the "amplified" kicks, it's pretty buried in the mix but they're there.

Check out my thread for full band, all difficulties customs from a variety of artists and genres!

WP5YDMh.png

---

i think that indie band pink floyd really messed up when they didntmake that whole song money just the cash register sounds
pink floyd's "the wall" is an entire concept album about a man who needs no education because his dream is simply to build a lovely big wall

#51 Unicyclone

Unicyclone
  • 91 posts

Posted September 7, 2015 - 05:53 PM

Gotta say, those are some A+ venues on OK Computer! "Fitter Happier" and "Climbing Up The Walls" are scary just to watch. :golfclap:
I chart multitrack customs! Download them here.

My WIP thread

#52 RedVIII

RedVIII
  • 66 posts

Posted September 8, 2015 - 07:42 AM

I looked at Lucky again and I don't see any issues of the sort you're describing. There's a Y note with a hammer-on B as a bend, and then a series of descending notes. The overall "riff" plays as B-Y-R-Y-R-G, wrapped to fit the descending notes into the 5 buttons as well as leaving space for the higher note later in the chorus as O.

As for Climbing Up the Walls, the few bass hits you hear clearly have a loud, reverby effect on them. The rest are more audible when you bring the bass frequencies up and raise the pitch by an octave in Reaper. Other than the "amplified" kicks, it's pretty buried in the mix but they're there.

The problem I have with Lucky is, that the note changes happen in the chart at different times than they do in the actual song. It seems out of sync to me. I'm at work now, so I cannot check Youtube videos, to, maybe find guitar covers of it, where I can show you what I mean.

Maybe you are right about Climbing Up The Walls, it's just that I can clearly hear the bassdrum at certain times and at many other times where they are charted I don't hear them in the song at all. Maybe they are that quiet, I have not played with the pitches, all I'm saying is that I can clearly hear some of the bassdrum hits and clearly not hear others.

But like I said, awesome work anyway. I try to get back to you in regards of the guitar charts. Maybe I can somehow make myself clearer.

#53 afcchamp88

afcchamp88
  • 38 posts

Posted September 11, 2015 - 01:39 PM

Gave this the full monty on guitar over the weekend and really enjoyed myself. Thank you very much, once again.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users