MrBurpler's Customs -- Thick as a Brick (with Bsbloom!)

Rush Tool Yes Prog Slint Indie Rock Close to the Edge Spinal Tap Thick as a Brick Jethro Tull

• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

#1 MrBurpler

MrBurpler
  • 101 posts

Posted August 30, 2015 - 08:15 PM

Hey guys!

Welcome to my thread where i share with you all of the customs and upgrades I've been working on! And if you have any request, feel free to leave them here or on my WIP thread (but cautions spoilers for upcoming songs go there!)

I'm in the process of upgrading older customs, specifically with vocals. My newer ones should have pitched vocals

Customs (Singles):

Customs (Albums):

Please leave your feedback as i want to make these as good as possible!

Latest Release:

Jethro Tull - Thick as a Brick (with Bsbloom)

imJST4K.jpg

Part 1:http://customscreato...k-part-i-r16743

Part 2:http://customscreato...-part-ii-r16744

Lyrics by Gerald "Little Milton" Bodstock. The lyrics were considered to controversial and as a result he was disqualified from the poem competition. Well Jethro Tull wrote a 40 minute epic around those lyrics and what we get is considered by some to be the best progressive rock album ever made. You know everything about this song already, it's Thick as a Brick!

Special thanks to Bsbloom who let me work on this with him, it great fun and a pleasure to work on this project. As a final note, there is a "full song" version in the "other" downloads section, it's the whole album as one custom (when researching the album Ian Anderson stated that part of the concept was that it was supposed to be one song spanning two sides of an LP). The midi is well over the minimum, but when playtesting I came across no issues.

Here's Bsbloom's Origonal post.

Customs Thread, Customs Song DBWork In Progress Thread, C3U Profile

If you see "MrBurpler" anywhere on the internet there is a 99% chance that it's me.

#2 Farottone

Farottone

The Lean Mean Customs Charting Machine

• Administrator
  • 5,920 posts

Posted August 30, 2015 - 08:22 PM

New authors are very much welcome but please credit every single author you took work from to republish your versions or we'll be forced to close the thread: credits are the only currency on this Web site and it's essential that you properly recognise the people who put in the hours to create the songs you have added instruments to.

#3 MrBurpler

MrBurpler
  • 101 posts

Posted August 30, 2015 - 08:24 PM

Ight no problem.

If you see "MrBurpler" anywhere on the internet there is a 99% chance that it's me.

#4 Sideshow

Sideshow
  • 2,370 posts

Posted August 30, 2015 - 08:26 PM

ItalianStalion charted Caravan. I released that one already but didn't make hardly any changes to his original chart. Just added Pro Tom markers. Curious to check out your version.

#5 rezavakili

rezavakili
  • 277 posts

Posted August 30, 2015 - 09:18 PM

What happened to 'Caravan', it is not available for download. Also, there are 2 files with the same name: CircleofCircles-Apollo.

Thanks.

#6 oscarj08

oscarj08
  • 368 posts

Posted August 30, 2015 - 09:32 PM

Yes!!! Cinderella Man completes the Rush album A Farewell To Kings into full band :excited:
Just Xanadu and A Farewell To Kings Are part of C3 releases and Close To The Heart is already in RB (Without keys).
Cygnus and Madrigal are full band also but only on expert difficult.

P.S: The orignal authors of Cinderella Man are Tadracing99 and Farottone, thank you very much

#7 Sideshow

Sideshow
  • 2,370 posts

Posted August 30, 2015 - 10:09 PM

What happened to 'Caravan', it is not available for download. Also, there are 2 files with the same name: CircleofCircles-Apollo.

Thanks.

I noticed Caravan wasnt there as well. The two Apollo files are a 1X and 2X versions.

#8 Phildopip

Phildopip
  • 13 posts

Posted August 30, 2015 - 10:53 PM

Posted Image

I love this song! it's a great driving song, and one that i did see requested on a thread somewhere. Just a note the pro keys chart is a fake pro keys, so if anyone knows the real notes please contact me! i would love to have a real pro keys chart for this song!

I will love you until the end of time for charting this song. THANK YOU!

#9 MrBurpler

MrBurpler
  • 101 posts

Posted August 31, 2015 - 12:23 AM

Thanks for the feeback so far! i did update the folder so it should have all of the proper songs in it now, i do apologize about that.

Also thank you oscarj08 for giving me the original authors of "Cinderella man"!

#10 3Pic81ueUnicorn

3Pic81ueUnicorn
  • 15 posts

Posted August 31, 2015 - 01:05 AM

You are awesome for charting a Bo Burnham song. I would love it if you charted more from him. He is hilarious and his songs sound so fun to play in Rock Band.

It's also great to see another finished Rush song. If my library is any indication then this makes the 87th Rush song to feature a full band (charted with expert difficulty or more).

#11 RedVIII

RedVIII
  • 66 posts

Posted August 31, 2015 - 09:42 AM

OMG, Red Eyes and Caravan. Two of my most wanted songs for RB! You are awesome dude, thanks! :D

#12 MrBurpler

MrBurpler
  • 101 posts

Posted September 4, 2015 - 11:55 PM

So a quick update.

Some fixes to Cinderella man (disco flip, venue) and Caravan (OD phrases).

WIP:
Tool - Intermission
Yes - Long Distance Runaround/The Fish (the yessongs version, all 14 minutes including the freaking bass solo)
Yes - Siberian Khatru (keyborad/Non-pitched vocals/Cat EMH upgrade)

#13 hotfuzz

hotfuzz
  • 93 posts

Posted September 5, 2015 - 01:18 AM

:dance: for wip selections

#14 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,310 posts

Posted September 5, 2015 - 04:01 AM

Posted Image

This is the first upgrade. The original con file didn't have a bass part so i added one! I believe this makes "A farewell to kings" album full band, so enjoy!

Original charters; Tadracing99, Farottone

FYI the drums animations are inactive

#15 MrBurpler

MrBurpler
  • 101 posts

Posted September 5, 2015 - 05:56 AM

Cinderella Man: the drum animations should be working now! :D

#16 MrBurpler

MrBurpler
  • 101 posts

Posted September 11, 2015 - 02:59 AM

Intermission's up!

#17 MrBurpler

MrBurpler
  • 101 posts

Posted November 28, 2015 - 09:13 PM

Rush Hemispheres album is (i believe) now full band with all difficulties done!

I was working on these songs for a while, specifically hemispheres for a long time.

I don't know who the authors for the individual songs are, so i'm just gonna give credit to people who worked on the whole album.

original carters:

Farottone, Puppetz, Trunks252, Drihscol, DoNotPassGo and Ejthedj.

Hemispheres:

visualizer;

u6nZA2B.jpg

Download:

http://pksage.com/cc...ispheres-r10201

Circumstances:

visualizer;

e4U1p8Q.jpg

Download:

http://pksage.com/cc...mstances-r10202

So i'm gonna be working on a lot of rush upgrades, my goal is to have every rush song be a full band with EMH difficulties!

i'm also working on a FB custom for whiplash for you jazz guys!

#18 Sideshow

Sideshow
  • 2,370 posts

Posted November 28, 2015 - 09:44 PM

Excellent releases. 

#19 Dash Riprock

Dash Riprock

C3U Moderator

• 523 posts

Posted November 28, 2015 - 09:55 PM

Outstanding!

Roland Drums | Gibraltar Rack & Hardware | Pearl / Hercules Stands | M-Audio Keyboards | Charts by Harmonix, C3 & Me
░    Feedback  |  WiP : Blues Traveler - Run-Around   ░▒▓█ 

#20 oscarj08

oscarj08
  • 368 posts

Posted November 28, 2015 - 10:36 PM

thanks for rush, amazing work, now we have another rush album in full band with keys

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Rush, Tool, Yes, Prog, Slint, Indie Rock, Close to the Edge, Spinal Tap, Thick as a Brick, Jethro Tull

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users