MB's Customs: TOOL - OPIATE TRACKS!

Rush Tool Yes Prog Close to the Edge Jethro Tull The Mars Volta One Day as a Lion Slint King Crimson

• Please log in to reply
162 replies to this topic

#161 MrBurpler

MrBurpler
  • 154 posts

Posted August 7, 2019 - 01:41 PM

The Mars Volta - Cotopaxi

GB4R2hF.jpg

http://customscreato...cotopaxi-r24228

Another Mars Volta classic. This song features a more typical or usual song structure that really wasn't a part of TMV's style (especially in the early days). Featuring energetic, bombastic playing from all members of the band, the bass and the drum part really shine in this track. Cedric Bixler-Zavala comes at this track with is usual high-octave/high-energy singing that i doubt anyone can sing along to, he's just singing way too high. Although Jon Theodor was out of the band at the point, Thomas Pridgen turns down the over-playing on this track while still maintaining the busy high-energy required for a Volta song. It's one of the shorter Volta songs, and although this might be "past their prime", this is still a great track to pick up!

Customs Thread, Customs Song DBWIP Thread, C3U Profile, MGMT WIP Thread

If you see "MrBurpler" anywhere on the internet there is a 99% chance that it's me.

#162 MrBurpler

MrBurpler
  • 154 posts

Posted August 29, 2019 - 08:13 PM

I light of the NEW RECORD coming out tomorrow I figured now would be the best time to release some more Full Band TOOL Customs. This Time we go back in time to their first ever release OPIATE. Released in 1992 this collection of six (and a hidden track) offers the most "basic" and straight forward metal that tool would ever release. No fancy polyrhythms, no extended musical passages. It's straight, and in-your-face. It's a... 

Tool 2fer!

1nKFKnb.jpg

http://customscreato.../_/sweat-r24431

The very first song of the very first EP but the band TOOL! It's a great song with some nice arpeggios and some syncopated parts in the intro and the bridge, the verses have a 6/8 feel as Danny Carey opens the hi-hat every 3rd note. It's interesting comparing mid-to-late 90s Carey to modern Carey as he progressively uses less and less cymbals as the bands career went on. Guitars and bass are nice and phat and aggressive. Maynard's is top notch and has so much emotion in it. It's TOOL! You'll love it!

JgL5YJf.jpg

http://customscreato...rt-of-me-r24430

Another aggressive, in-your-face track. Just hows how much of a metal act TOOL really was back in the day as this song features some aggressive double bass work. The lyrics leave a little to be desired as Maynard sings about how he knows someone so well that they are practically "a part of him". Lyrics are a bit repetitive, but that doesn't really detract from the song since it is so short. This might be one of tools shortest songs (excluding the interludes on the other records).

Customs Thread, Customs Song DBWIP Thread, C3U Profile, MGMT WIP Thread

If you see "MrBurpler" anywhere on the internet there is a 99% chance that it's me.

#163 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 2,086 posts

Posted August 29, 2019 - 09:26 PM

kick ass!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Rush, Tool, Yes, Prog, Close to the Edge, Jethro Tull, The Mars Volta, One Day as a Lion, Slint, King Crimson

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users