MB's Customs: TOOL - OPIATE TRACKS!

Rush Tool Yes Prog Close to the Edge Jethro Tull The Mars Volta One Day as a Lion Slint King Crimson

• Please log in to reply
162 replies to this topic

#81 Derekô

Derekô
  • 99 posts

Posted October 25, 2016 - 07:28 PM

You absolutely beautiful bastard.

It's extremely gloomy and raining outside and this couldn't have come at a more perfect time. Thank you immensely.

OM2uucL.png

#82 MrBurpler

MrBurpler
  • 156 posts

Posted October 30, 2016 - 06:46 PM

The Birthday Pack! (Yes it's my birthday today!)

Some song i've been working on, from fairly unknown band (save for jeff beck). There's a good chance i'll be doing more songs from each of these groups (save for jeff beck). So stay tuned! And happy Halloween! (even though non of these songs have to do with Halloween!)

Totorro - Home Alone

F6DjPXc.jpg

The first track off of their 2014 album of the same name. This song is short, but very fun and makes me wish that the band would do a longer version of this song. Either way pick it up, and if you like it, the rest of the album is also like this so check them out!

http://customscreato...me-alone-r14568

Chavez - Unreal is Here

vtPTlkK.jpg

I don't know that much about this band. But it's another case of "I want more". These guys were a part of the indie rock 90s scene that sprang about with the likes of Slint and June of 44. This is off their second (and last) album. They did release something in 2006, but it's literally everything they have recorded up to that time. The band is apparently still active (even if they haven't dropped a new album in 20 years) so maybe, with some luck, the'll go back into the studio.

http://customscreato...-is-here-r14567

Jeff Beck - Scatterbrain (Live)

1cdjK89.jpg

Yeah. This is the version thats in GH5, and it's just as hard (if not harder). This defiantly one of the hardest drum songs for Rock Band in my opinion. Most of the changes from the GH5 version are in the drum track, I did my best to add in the ghost notes and in general just clean up the drum track The bass and guitar track I also went through, but they are closer to the GH5 version than the drum track. Fun fact; The bass player at the time they recorded this was only 22 years old!

http://customscreato...ain-live-r14566

Note there is a keyboard part so if anyone would like to work on the keyboard chart, I'll gladly send you the files and stuff.

Customs Thread, Customs Song DBWIP Thread, C3U Profile, MGMT WIP Thread

If you see "MrBurpler" anywhere on the internet there is a 99% chance that it's me.

#83 Bansheeflyer

Bansheeflyer

• 1,538 posts

Posted October 30, 2016 - 08:23 PM

Awesome. Happy birthday!

As a moderator I enforce the law...in moderation.

My Customs
My Works in Progress

#84 Sideshow

Sideshow
  • 2,592 posts

Posted October 30, 2016 - 08:54 PM

I want to say a conversion of Scatterbrain came out before but I never took the time to take a look at the drum chart conversion.  Thanks for putting your time into this one!

#85 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 2,097 posts

Posted October 30, 2016 - 09:06 PM

I want to say a conversion of Scatterbrain came out before but I never took the time to take a look at the drum chart conversion.  Thanks for putting your time into this one!

I attempted to convert it last year but realized how much work the drums needed and I shelved it. Thanks for taking care of this!

#86 MrBurpler

MrBurpler
  • 156 posts

Posted October 30, 2016 - 11:23 PM

scatterbrain is one of the last songs to be converted from GH5, and it's a song that I always wanted to play in Rock Band. I couldn't find any Rock Band cons of scatterbrain, so i just did it myself. And AFJOne23 I totally feel ya! the original midi was a complete mess!

And thank you for the birthday wishes! :)

If you see "MrBurpler" anywhere on the internet there is a 99% chance that it's me.

#87 MrBurpler

MrBurpler
  • 156 posts

Posted December 5, 2016 - 10:21 PM

Yes - Close to the Edge (album)

Yes (no pun intended). Now these are not original customs, these are upgrades from sideshows releases. They are upgrades, but the changes go all the way down to new tempo maps, there is a credit list with each song, if i forgot anyone or misslabeled anything, please let me know and I'll fix it.

The prokeys charts are transcribed from sheet music, and the pro chart doesn't contain reductions. If there are any errors with the chart or you'd like to do reductions please let me know.

Close to the Edge

OyNCXKl.jpg

http://customscreato...-the-edge-r9725

What can be said that hasn't already been said. So let me try, after listening to this song for the 10,000th time, I realized that the song works so well because it has the basic arrangement of a pop song (verse, chorus, verse, chorus, bridge, chorus), but stretched for 18 minutes. When compared to songs like "Supper's Ready" and "2112", CTTE just has a better flow than those songs, and i think that the basic pop structure is the main reason for it. Besides that, I don't know what else to add, we all know that the instrumentation and the vocals and just everything is perfect. You've heard it 10,000 times, and now you can play it as a full band 10,000 times.

Credits:

Guitar: Meander (Fixes: MrBurpler)
Bass: Meander (Fixes: MrBurpler)
Drums: Meander (Fixes: Oscarj08 / MrBurpler)
Keys: Meander (Fixes: MrBurpler)
ProKeys: MrBurpler
Vocals: Narutostarwars12345
Harmonies: AJFOne23
Venue: AJFOne23
Conversion: Sideshow / MrBurpler

And You And I

Qun44Vi.jpg

http://customscreato...ou-and-i-r14904

The precursor to "To Be Over". Although I still think "To Be Over" maybe a better song, but "And You And I" is definitely the more intimate of the two. The acoustic guitars and keyboards give it an almost folky feel. Like a folk song that was written for the big stage. The song ebbs and flows on a musical journey that feels like it can last forever. One thing to note about this album, even though the songs are at least 10 minutes in length, the arrangement and writing of the songs is so good that you never feel the songs length. Yes knows exactly when to put you into an emotional state, and how long to keep it there. "And You And I" is a great example of that.

Credits:

Guitar: Meander (Fixes: MrBurpler)

Bass: Meander (Fixes: MrBurpler)
Drums: AJFOne23 (Fixes: MrBurpler)
Keys: Meander (Fixes: MrBurpler)
Vocals: Sideshow
Harmonies: Sideshow

Siberian Khatru
BrdQAFJ.jpg
And now we get to the last track on the album. This is the more rock oriented song, the whole piece has a drive to it that never lets up, but it never feels like it's rushing to get to the end. Again the band knows when to move from section to section with such precision that it never feels forced, unlike other songs with a similar run time. My only complaint about this song (and i guess that album as a whole), is that it ends on a fade out. Now AJFOne23 did a great job editing the track to minimize the fade-out by using a part of the final guitar solo. However I wish the band could have come up with something back in 1972 when they released this. Having said that, this is still a great song, and now (like the others) it's full band for you guys to enjoy!

Credits:
Guitar: Narutostarwars12345
Bass: Narutostarwars12345
Drums: Narutostarwars12345 (Fixes: Oscarj08 / MrBurpler)
Keys: MrBurpler
Vocals: MrBurpler (Fixes: Narutostarwars12345)
Harmonies: MrBurpler (Fixes: AJFOne23)

#88 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 2,097 posts

Posted December 6, 2016 - 02:49 AM

Great job getting this album full band. I'm glad I was able to help :)

#89 Sideshow

Sideshow
  • 2,592 posts

Posted December 6, 2016 - 06:31 AM

This is one hell of a release.  I had so much fun doing the conversions back in the day and now we got a full band album.  Superb!

#90 Whizzer

Whizzer
  • 384 posts

Posted December 6, 2016 - 09:18 AM

Thanks for those songs! Now onto completing Fragile and The Yes Album...

Just curious, did you use the remixed versions of these songs, from 2013? Those probably work better in this game, where it helps to hear whatever you are playing.

#91 rcale

rcale
  • 430 posts

Posted December 6, 2016 - 02:20 PM

Wow!

#92 MrBurpler

MrBurpler
  • 156 posts

Posted December 6, 2016 - 04:56 PM

Thanks for those songs! Now onto completing Fragile and The Yes Album...

Just curious, did you use the remixed versions of these songs, from 2013? Those probably work better in this game, where it helps to hear whatever you are playing.

I remapped the songs to the 2003 rhino remasters. Better than the 90's Atlantic releases, but not as good as the 2013 ones. I didn't get my hands on the 2013 versions until after i was done mapping the songs, and i was not about to map them again. Those versions were used for help with charting.

Now if someone has the jammit multi-tracks, then please let me know... ;)

#93 MrBurpler

MrBurpler
  • 156 posts

Posted December 6, 2016 - 04:58 PM

Also i forgot to mention this initially (the post has since been updated). the prokeys chart was transcribed from sheet music and doesn't contain reductions. If there are any errors or if you'd like to do reductions please let me know! :) 

#94 Whizzer

Whizzer
  • 384 posts

Posted December 6, 2016 - 06:04 PM

Perhaps I'll map them on a rainy day. I remember reading the jammit stems are missing some bits here and there, so if that's true, that wouldn't be quite perfect. Annoying too because all the tapes were used for the remix.

I'm quite sure I wouldn't do the pro keys reductions justice, but if anything else needs reducing, I can certainly try. Already saw someone else planning to do the same over the holidays, on the database page.

#95 iammax

iammax
  • 649 posts

Posted December 6, 2016 - 09:34 PM

Awesome, can't wait to do them on pro keys

#96 Housequake

Housequake
  • 275 posts

Posted December 9, 2016 - 04:37 AM

You guys rock!  I am finding out that I like YES, a lot.  I am really looking forwarding to checking these songs out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    :)

Thank you very, very much for all your time and effort!

How you gonna do it if you really won't take a chance
By standing on the wall? Get your back up off the wall...

#97 hotfuzz

hotfuzz
  • 162 posts

Posted December 22, 2016 - 11:49 PM

Thanks for everyone in the YES collaboration. Much enjoyable.

#98 MrBurpler

MrBurpler
  • 156 posts

Posted January 19, 2017 - 07:05 PM

Get ready to throw some knives at keyboards

#99 oscarj08

oscarj08
  • 368 posts

Posted January 20, 2017 - 02:12 AM

amazing release. :)

#100 MrBurpler

MrBurpler
  • 156 posts

Posted February 19, 2017 - 01:18 AM

So you may have guessed (or not idk), but the throwing you're knives at keyboard comment was in reference to Karn Evil 9: 1st Impression that was released on AJFone23's thread Here. Special thanks to him for letting me work on the song with him. And there is plently more where that came from ;)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Rush, Tool, Yes, Prog, Close to the Edge, Jethro Tull, The Mars Volta, One Day as a Lion, Slint, King Crimson

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users