C3: The End of Days

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#21 samjjones

samjjones
  • 1,232 posts
    NJ: The Home of Sinatra, Springsteen, and Bon Jovi

Posted August 26, 2015 - 10:16 PM

I, for one, welcome back our Harmonix overlords.

Thanks to all who've contributed here. I'm new to this site (can't believe I never knew about this joint until May '15), and this place has re-ignited the glowing embers of love for Rock Band.

Looking forward to the last two months. Go out swinging!

#22 ManicPixieGirl

ManicPixieGirl
  • 105 posts

Posted August 26, 2015 - 10:46 PM

Posted Image

You don't think there will be weekly RB4 DLC, so why stop releasing songs?

#23 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 4,701 posts

Posted August 26, 2015 - 10:53 PM

That's OK, you "getting it" is not required.

#24 FujiSkunk

FujiSkunk
  • 671 posts

Posted August 26, 2015 - 11:50 PM

There will be periodic DLC. There just might not be weekly DLC like there used to be.

#25 espher

espher

Harmonies Hacker

• Administrator
  • 1,900 posts

Posted August 27, 2015 - 11:32 AM

Posted Image

You don't think there will be weekly RB4 DLC, so why stop releasing songs?

Posted Image

No, but in all seriousness, that's not the 'why'.

C3 Author/Admin, Project Lead for the Rock Band: Harmonies Project

#26 Farottone

Farottone

The Lean Mean Customs Charting Machine

• Administrator
  • 5,943 posts

Posted August 27, 2015 - 11:55 AM

I think some of misunderstandings I read about this stems from the fact that people think head to head releases are competitions. It's not about head to head, it's about mimicking periodic official releases that we need to stop.

#27 espher

espher

Harmonies Hacker

• Administrator
  • 1,900 posts

Posted August 27, 2015 - 12:18 PM

I think some of misunderstandings I read about this stems from the fact that people think head to head releases are competitions. It's not about head to head, it's about mimicking periodic official releases that we need to stop.

Yep. The plan was to bridge a gap, and the gap has been bridged.

#28 Drihscol

Drihscol
  • 166 posts

Posted August 27, 2015 - 02:59 PM

I'm very interested in what post weekly release C3 will be like.
I'll miss having something to look forward to on friday mornings, but I think you guys have something cool up your sleeves.

#29 CmdrXym

CmdrXym
  • 193 posts

Posted August 27, 2015 - 03:47 PM

Unless you're not getting RB4, in which case you're SOL.

#30 espher

espher

Harmonies Hacker

• Administrator
  • 1,900 posts

Posted August 27, 2015 - 04:09 PM

Unless you're not getting RB4, in which case you're SOL.

That is correct.

#31 CloserToTheSun

CloserToTheSun
  • 11 posts

Posted August 27, 2015 - 04:47 PM

This really bums me out, seeing C3 going down. Granted, I've been a lurker most of my time here, but I planned on working on a few Bowie customs and maybe some of my favorite indie artists (Metric, Hey Ocean!, The Rural Alberta Advantage, Belle And Sebastian, etc). Well, maybe I still can, who knows.

Thanks to everyone here. I love you all for making this game even more memorable to me, even after five years from it's first release. Your countless hours of work just shows how much love there is that still exists for this game. Just....thank you.

#32 Farottone

Farottone

The Lean Mean Customs Charting Machine

• Administrator
  • 5,943 posts

Posted August 27, 2015 - 04:48 PM

This really bums me out, seeing C3 going down. Granted, I've been a lurker most of my time here, but I planned on working on a few Bowie customs and maybe some of my favorite indie artists (Metric, Hey Ocean!, The Rural Alberta Advantage, Belle And Sebastian, etc). Well, maybe I still can, who knows.

You definitely still can work on those: having the songs you love in the game is just priceless. :)

#33 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 4,701 posts

Posted August 27, 2015 - 04:50 PM

Thanks to everyone here.

You definitely can.

#34 PaulaW

PaulaW
  • 107 posts

Posted August 27, 2015 - 08:44 PM

Will individuals still be able to post the customs they make on here? Provided they are not available on the official Harmonix sites, of course.

#35 FujiSkunk

FujiSkunk
  • 671 posts

Posted August 27, 2015 - 09:52 PM

Will individuals still be able to post the customs they make on here? Provided they are not available on the official Harmonix sites, of course.

(cough)

Weekly releases might be ending, but the C3 community isn’t going anywhere, and our forums will stay open indefinitely. We’d also like to make it easier for people to find and share their own non-C3 customs, and we have some stuff cooking in that area that might be ready before October. (As a reminder, C3 will never allow customs of any official, purchasable Rock Band song, including Rock Band 4 tracks. Especially those.)

#36 PaulaW

PaulaW
  • 107 posts

Posted August 27, 2015 - 09:56 PM

Okay, I guess that did answer my question but I wasn't sure if it meant new songs could be added or the forum would stay here for the songs already here. I'm a little dense. haha But thank you. :)

#37 katkill

katkill
  • 66 posts

Posted August 28, 2015 - 01:24 AM

As my side note to the end (or beginning) of days, I had mixed feelings. When I discovered this site, I was ecstatic. and as a member of this site for the last 2 years I was able to play songs in Rock Band that I thought would never come to me. Authors, Official C3 and non, I thank you all.

At first when the announcement of RB4 came to press, I was concerned. Especially when the news of the C3 songs were going to come to an end. In fact I started to become upset. I was never angry for the decision since I had no right, all of the authors were spending their own time to give their passion away for free. But upset that their generosity would come to an end and being a selfish human being I would no longer reap the benefits.

But as time went on, I "manned up", took a deep breath and realized that there was nothing I could do about it and to stop my pouting. Knowing that Harmonix is bring back a game that we all fell in love with (and porting over their past catalog to boot!) is now a happy thought for me. I'm looking forward to seeing what they are going to bring to the table this time.

I won't be giving up on RB3 and the customs that will be periodically posted here, but I will be looking forward to RB4.

In the end, I just wanted to say a huge thank you to everyone that contributed to all of the customs that have been posted and will be posted in the future. Without you all, Rock Band would be a distant memory for me.

#38 LkProd

LkProd
  • 94 posts

Posted August 28, 2015 - 02:04 AM

I just noticed you guys said "weekly releases" will end.

Does this mean that you guys may release customs randomly, just not as frequently?

#39 Nyxyxylyth

Nyxyxylyth

Magnificent Bastard

• Administrator
  • 1,372 posts

Posted August 28, 2015 - 02:14 AM

I just noticed you guys said "weekly releases" will end.

Does this mean that you guys may release customs randomly, just not as frequently?

Ease down. There are no hidden messages.

#40 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 4,701 posts

Posted August 28, 2015 - 02:16 AM

That's exactly what someone with a hidden message would say :brosius:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users