Aug 21, 2015 - SO MUCH RUSH, and classic metal

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#21 hobbzee77

hobbzee77
  • 134 posts
    Deep in the Outer Rim... AKA Perth, Western Australia

Posted August 21, 2015 - 05:16 PM

Holy Balls Of Steel thats a crapload of Peart Perfection to attempt!
You guys rock
:rock:

#22 oscarj08

oscarj08
  • 368 posts

Posted August 21, 2015 - 05:45 PM

thank you guys for this amazing pack :)
i love rush, now im going to download these and update my Rush spreadsheet, also as i always say: you can take my drum work of the other songs of Rush first album & Caress Of Steel (especially this one), and again amazing work by the fellow users DoNotPassGo, Farottone and Ejthedj

#23 Jonztu

Jonztu
  • 132 posts

Posted August 21, 2015 - 06:16 PM

Huge thanks for the Iron Maiden song!

#24 lynxis

lynxis
  • 58 posts

Posted August 21, 2015 - 06:23 PM

GREAAAAAT songs for Rush. Awesome selections!
...as the final sunset rolls...

#25 lynxis

lynxis
  • 58 posts

Posted August 21, 2015 - 06:24 PM

Great job on the Rush pack this week. Lots of songs that have been missing from the game.

One issue though after playing a couple of songs...the vocal chart on "Freewill" seems like it's off. My singer (who can nail basically anything on Expert) felt like it was too "sharp" and ended up getting a 65% even though she was singing it correctly. She had to intentionally sing it off-key to score any Awesomes. This is her favorite Rush song, and now she doesn't want to ever sing it again. Did not have issues on any other songs. Thoughts?

Thanks!!

That sucks. About the easiest rush song there is to sing, too.
...as the final sunset rolls...

#26 Farottone

Farottone

The Lean Mean Customs Charting Machine

• Administrator
  • 6,103 posts

Posted August 21, 2015 - 06:29 PM

The Freewill issue is being fixed.

#27 DoNotPassGo

DoNotPassGo
  • 513 posts

Posted August 21, 2015 - 06:30 PM

One issue though after playing a couple of songs...the vocal chart on "Freewill" seems like it's off. My singer (who can nail basically anything on Expert) felt like it was too "sharp" and ended up getting a 65% even though she was singing it correctly. She had to intentionally sing it off-key to score any Awesomes.

Incredibly sorry! Not sure what happened.... but at some point after the initial checks all the pitches got shifted a half a step up?

Regardless, It's been corrected and the project has been reuploaded to the server. Re-download if you already have the song and want the updated vocals. I'm holding off on updating the full pack downloads until next week. Due to the size, re-uploaded for any correction would be time-consuming. If you have either the x1 or x2 full pack downloads, and you want the vocal corrections immediately... please PM me. I'll link you to the .mid and instructions on how to replace the incorrect project with the fixed one

Thank you for finding and pointing that out.

#28 CmdrXym

CmdrXym
  • 219 posts

Posted August 21, 2015 - 07:19 PM

Thanks so much for the quick turnaround. I'll re-download it right now!

#29 bluesfan38

bluesfan38
  • 116 posts

Posted August 21, 2015 - 07:34 PM

Mother of god! Thank you so much guys!

This is seriously amazing. It will give some great nostalgia from the show I saw last month. Many of my favorites are there.

#30 chexmixho

chexmixho
  • 664 posts

Posted August 21, 2015 - 08:26 PM

Thanks as always! Will listen to all the songs and pick up the ones I really like!

#31 Dash Riprock

Dash Riprock

C3U Moderator

• 557 posts

Posted August 21, 2015 - 09:22 PM

Great picks, as always. :)

One nit however...

It seems Driven and Journey - Open Arms both have the same Song ID. :(

░   C3 Universe  |  C3 Database  |  My Profile  |  Feedback  |  WiP : Steely Dan - Haitian Divorce   ░▒▓█ 

#32 DoNotPassGo

DoNotPassGo
  • 513 posts

Posted August 22, 2015 - 01:14 AM

Great picks, as always. :)

One nit however...

It seems Driven and Journey - Open Arms both have the same Song ID. :(

Really? I have* both of them (as I made them both ha) and they work fine for me?! I'll take a look quick

#33 StackOverflow0x

StackOverflow0x

Wii Guy

• 1,321 posts

Posted August 22, 2015 - 02:53 AM

Like, wow. I don't know how some people do it. I don't think I've ever listened to that much of one artist. And to have a pack like that. I don't know how.

#34 iammax

iammax
  • 610 posts

Posted August 22, 2015 - 03:12 PM

Note to the chart authors, when I advance past the song selection screen, the album art for "A Farewell to Kings" gets all messed up.
By that I mean, the screen where you select drums or pro drums, and your difficulty

#35 Sgt Dornan

Sgt Dornan
  • 4 posts

Posted August 22, 2015 - 04:47 PM

Like, wow. I don't know how some people do it. I don't think I've ever listened to that much of one artist. And to have a pack like that. I don't know how.

Rush is definitely one of the most consistent artists out there. They have amazing songs on every single album, and I don't even consider Motion Pictures to be their best work when it usually is.

Awesome picks, can't wait to try all of them out! Especially with the Black Sabbath as well, really excited about all of these. :D

#36 Sideshow

Sideshow
  • 2,452 posts

Posted August 22, 2015 - 08:01 PM

Trying to update all the Rush content on my hard drive. One minor gripe is that the metadata for "Far Cry" has the album title as "Snakes and Arrows" when the rest of the songs have it listed as "Snakes & Arrows". Nothing C3 Con Tools can't fix. I"ve played every Rush song on Pro Drums last year but I'm inclined to do it again which such an amazing release as this is. :c00l:

#37 Farottone

Farottone

The Lean Mean Customs Charting Machine

• Administrator
  • 6,103 posts

Posted August 22, 2015 - 08:05 PM

Trying to update all the Rush content on my hard drive. One minor gripe is that the metadata for "Far Cry" has the album title as "Snakes and Arrows" when the rest of the songs have it listed as "Snakes & Arrows". Nothing C3 Con Tools can't fix. I"ve played every Rush song on Pro Drums last year but I'm inclined to do it again which such an amazing release as this is. :c00l:

DNPG has been admitted to the Rock Band Hospital for authoring too hard. Prognosis is good, as soon as he can go home he will fix any issues with the pack. :D

#38 Sideshow

Sideshow
  • 2,452 posts

Posted August 22, 2015 - 08:43 PM

DNPG has been admitted to the Rock Band Hospital for authoring too hard. Prognosis is good, as soon as he can go home he will fix any issues with the pack. :D

I remember a few months back DNPG told me he was working on a huge Rush pack and I'm really happy to see it materialze. A task this mammoth can drive a man insane. :what:

#39 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,474 posts

Posted August 22, 2015 - 10:01 PM

Did anyone else notice the animations were off for By Tor and the Snow Dog? It might have been an old version but the venue looked customized so just checking.

#40 Nettacki

Nettacki
  • 52 posts

Posted August 22, 2015 - 10:08 PM

Wow, this selection looks pretty amazing. I'm especially excited for Heaven and Hell and La Villa Strangiato.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users