Prod's Customs - Featuring "The Fog - Shoji Meguro" [08/18/2016] & more

red hot chili peppers zebrahead higher ground persona

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#41 LkProd

LkProd
  • 95 posts

Posted September 5, 2015 - 05:16 PM

You are the best. i have been trying to author but takes me ages. Any tips?

Well uh... I'm not sure if you should be asking me, as I'm no expert in authoring.

Anyways, it depends on what exactly is taking you ages?
Tempo mapping? Part authoring? Vocals? etc
I'd suggest you read/watch the tutorials in the Authoring Support forums, it helped me a lot when I began authoring my stuff. :)

#42 LkProd

LkProd
  • 95 posts

Posted September 7, 2015 - 04:33 AM

New song, added to the main post:

Can't Stop - Red Hot Chili Peppers from By the Way
b2bWSrQ.jpg
Download: Click Here! (Song #5 on Main Post)

Another great song by the Chili Peppers, one of my favorite bands (and from my favorite album too).
I found it rather weird that this song didn't come with the I'm With The Chili Peppers official pack, but oh well, I guess it's no use complaining.

I'm not entirely sure the album art and album title matches the official DLC correctly, if someone plays it please tell me if it does so I can fix it if it's needed.

Feedback is really appreciated!

Also, added some mirror links for the songs onthe main post.

#43 RevengeFan

RevengeFan
  • 100 posts

Posted September 8, 2015 - 05:50 AM

FYI, someone else released Can't Stop on this forum already. I've had it for a while.

#44 chexmixho

chexmixho
  • 664 posts

Posted September 8, 2015 - 02:48 PM

FYI, someone else released Can't Stop on this forum already. I've had it for a while.

Yeah, already done: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2134 although I will take your version if your charts are better. Thanks anyway!

#45 LkProd

LkProd
  • 95 posts

Posted September 8, 2015 - 04:51 PM

Yeah, already done: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2134 although I will take your version if your charts are better. Thanks anyway!

Don't worry, I knew that. :D
I looked it up before beginning authoring but I still decided to author and release it.
As for the better charts... Well, I'm not really the one to judge that as I haven't played his version. :confused:

#46 EcoFreak

EcoFreak
  • 228 posts

Posted September 9, 2015 - 09:44 AM

actually guys this version of can't stop is better audio quality i test this and the previous release this is better check for yourselves if you don't take my word for it.
the previous one sounded tinny

Good job LKProd and well done on higher ground I've wanted that for a while

#47 Jusey1

Jusey1
  • 659 posts

Posted September 11, 2015 - 12:04 PM

actually guys this version of can't stop is better audio quality i test this and the previous release this is better check for yourselves if you don't take my word for it.

Actually, I already fixed the audio in the previous version myself. It isn't tinny. I released that fixed version and then someone else finished it up with EMH, which I didn't knew that was a problem until after I uploaded/shared it. (I rarely play Hard. Mostly play Expert).

Rawr! I'm a fluffy space raptor!

#48 EcoFreak

EcoFreak
  • 228 posts

Posted September 11, 2015 - 10:45 PM

Actually, I already fixed the audio in the previous version myself. It isn't tinny. I released that fixed version and then someone else finished it up with EMH, which I didn't knew that was a problem until after I uploaded/shared it. (I rarely play Hard. Mostly play Expert).

well maybe mine of that version was before it was fixed, because i think i had the original which was too quiet, then it might have gone too loud then the version i have now if it was fixed further i didn't know about it but LKprods version pretty good from what I've found tbh

#49 LkProd

LkProd
  • 95 posts

Posted September 13, 2015 - 04:00 AM

New song:

Factory of Faith - Red Hot Chili Peppers from I'm With You
652rdiG.jpg
Download: Click Here! (Song #6 on Main Post)

Another song by the Chili Peppers, this time from their most recent album.
One of my favorites tracks of I'm With You, and the Bass is really fun to play.
Guitar is kind of strange, but I guess that's Josh's way of playing. :P

I hope no one did this song before because this time I looked it up and didn't find anything

As always, feedback is greatly appreciated!

#50 EcoFreak

EcoFreak
  • 228 posts

Posted September 13, 2015 - 08:09 PM

New song:

Factory of Faith - Red Hot Chili Peppers from I'm With You
Posted Image
Download: Click Here! (Song #6 on Main Post)

Another song by the Chili Peppers, this time from their most recent album.
One of my favorites tracks of I'm With You, and the Bass is really fun to play.
Guitar is kind of strange, but I guess that's Josh's way of playing. :P

I hope no one did this song before because this time I looked it up and didn't find anything

As always, feedback is greatly appreciated!

oooo you've hit me right in the bass well done I'm trying this out tomorrow

#51 EcoFreak

EcoFreak
  • 228 posts

Posted September 16, 2015 - 08:26 PM

i tried it out i dunno if its just me but I'm a bassist and i found it a little off time for some reason. Before you ask did i calibrate i have automatic calibration on my peripheral. i felt at first the sound came before the note should be played. i mean its not off by a lot but just enough for me to notice it. I mean if its just me fair enough but have a look and see if you see what i mean, I'm not in any way faulting your effort its bloody good but its just missing the mark with me ever so slightly which makes me feel out of rhythm when playing it today.

#52 LkProd

LkProd
  • 95 posts

Posted September 16, 2015 - 08:40 PM

i tried it out i dunno if its just me but I'm a bassist and i found it a little off time for some reason. Before you ask did i calibrate i have automatic calibration on my peripheral. i felt at first the sound came before the note should be played. i mean its not off by a lot but just enough for me to notice it. I mean if its just me fair enough but have a look and see if you see what i mean, I'm not in any way faulting your effort its bloody good but its just missing the mark with me ever so slightly which makes me feel out of rhythm when playing it today.

Hmm that's weird, when testing it I didn't notice anything like that. But that may be because I test it on my Wii and on Phase Shift.
Does that happen only when playing on bass? If yes then that's pretty strange.

I'm finishing up a song to put up today and when I'm done I'll look into it, thanks for the feedback! :)

#53 EcoFreak

EcoFreak
  • 228 posts

Posted September 16, 2015 - 08:49 PM

ye only on bass, cos i don't use other instruments on my own, mines the split strum bass so im pretty accurate unless its too fast for me to process. i use xbox 360 for mine i dunno if that makes a difference. But no worries it could be nothing i dunno but for me trying it today something about it didn't feel quite right

#54 LkProd

LkProd
  • 95 posts

Posted September 16, 2015 - 11:02 PM

New song!

Automatic - Zebrahead from Call Your Friends
fxljb8j.jpg
Downloads: Click Here! (Song #7 on main post)

Great song from their 2013 album.
...I wasn't expecting the Drums to be so hard, but that may be just me as I don't usually play drums much.
Also the beginning section of drums probably isn't correct on its entirety, so I ask that if anyone here play drums could give some feedback regarding that.

Guitar is fun to play as well; I really love this song :P
And as always; feedback appreciated!

#55 Ephwan

Ephwan
  • 41 posts

Posted September 16, 2015 - 11:32 PM

New song!

Automatic - Zebrahead from Call Your Friends
Posted Image
Downloads: Click Here! (Song #7 on main post)

Great song from their 2013 album.
...I wasn't expecting the Drums to be so hard, but that may be just me as I don't usually play drums much.
Also the beginning section of drums probably isn't correct on its entirety, so I ask that if anyone here play drums could give some feedback regarding that.

Guitar is fun to play as well; I really love this song :P
And as always; feedback appreciated!

Bless your soul, god of ZH

#56 LkProd

LkProd
  • 95 posts

Posted September 17, 2015 - 01:17 AM

ye only on bass, cos i don't use other instruments on my own, mines the split strum bass so im pretty accurate unless its too fast for me to process. i use xbox 360 for mine i dunno if that makes a difference. But no worries it could be nothing i dunno but for me trying it today something about it didn't feel quite right

Alright so I messed with the project file on REAPER a bit more and I think I may have fixed it.
I updated the link on the main post with V2, if you try it then please tell me if it's correct now.

#57 AkiraNomuraBCN

AkiraNomuraBCN

Phase Shift Guy 2

• 376 posts

Posted September 17, 2015 - 10:04 PM

I played "Automatic" on Drums and I think that this song doesn't need a 2x version because It's playable with 1x.

I'm not a charter but I think that you need to re-work on drums reductions. I take a look on Hard and Easy and I think that these dificulties need some changes

PS: Sorry for my bad English

#58 EcoFreak

EcoFreak
  • 228 posts

Posted September 18, 2015 - 02:13 PM

Alright so I messed with the project file on REAPER a bit more and I think I may have fixed it.
I updated the link on the main post with V2, if you try it then please tell me if it's correct now.

will do

#59 LkProd

LkProd
  • 95 posts

Posted September 19, 2015 - 12:56 AM

At last:

Higher Ground - Red Hot Chili Peppers from Mother's Milk [VERSION 2]
DCU6VY6.jpg
Download: Song #8 on Main Post

This version of Higher Ground is a lot more polished than the one posted before, and everything's been re-authored.

Huge thanks to furiouss for charting Expert Guitar, Bass and Drums!
Reductions and Vocals/Harmonies were done by me.

Feedback appreciated! :)

#60 Nyxyxylyth

Nyxyxylyth

Magnificent Bastard

• Administrator
  • 1,407 posts

Posted September 19, 2015 - 01:51 AM

Feedback appreciated! :)

Needs work on vocal pitch and placement. Here's yours above, mine below:
Posted Image

Use the ReaSynth plugin supplied with the template to compare the pitches in your chart to the song.

Get a tuner like the Korg CA-30 to help show you what the pitches are if you can sing along.

Also note: although Stevie Wonder sang that first "The", RHCP does not.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: red hot chili peppers, zebrahead, higher ground, persona

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users