Jul 31, 2015 - Piano songs, Herman's Hermits, intense metal

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#21 easy

easy
  • 12 posts

Posted July 31, 2015 - 06:32 PM

LOL, Way to take things out of context. Fine I'll delete Innuendo since it doesn't have a lot of keys and replace it.

#22 BravoGangUS

BravoGangUS
  • 216 posts

Posted July 31, 2015 - 06:35 PM

Some good stuff this week. I played through them all on pro keys and they were pretty fun. I'm sure the Cattle Decapitation and Deafheaven songs will kill me on drums :eek:

The song isn't available yet in the bug tracker but I wanted to point out that for No Milk Today the gap between sustains was too short from what I played on expert and hard. Also has some stubby sustains and hard didn't seem reduced enough

PS: I have to agree about Foo Fighters. I think 2 singles, 3 on-disc songs, 4 packs, and an album is a biiiit much

q9aY4iR.png Newest Custom: The Rick Dance (Rick and Morty) q9aY4iR.png

C3 Universe: http://p.c3universe.com/bravogangus

#23 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 4,762 posts

Posted July 31, 2015 - 06:45 PM

I'll delete Innuendo

Fine.

*cries in silence*

#24 FujiSkunk

FujiSkunk
  • 677 posts

Posted July 31, 2015 - 07:00 PM

Here I go being that guy again, but... Herman's Hermits? And no "There's a Kind of Hush" or "Mrs. Brown You've Got a Lovely Daughter" or "Leaning on the Lamp Post"?

But seriously, this is good stuff and I thank ws54 for at least having good taste in bands. ;)

I also give a big "THANK YOU" to Dash, Ganon and farrottone for what is easily my favorite Howard Jones track. Y'all get major kudos!

#25 Farottone

Farottone

The Lean Mean Customs Charting Machine

• Administrator
  • 6,167 posts

Posted July 31, 2015 - 07:11 PM

Somebody already put out the Howard Jones track...has it been refined?

As always.

#26 ws54

ws54
  • 767 posts

Posted July 31, 2015 - 08:21 PM

Some good stuff this week. I played through them all on pro keys and they were pretty fun. I'm sure the Cattle Decapitation and Deafheaven songs will kill me on drums :eek:

The song isn't available yet in the bug tracker but I wanted to point out that for No Milk Today the gap between sustains was too short from what I played on expert and hard. Also has some stubby sustains and hard didn't seem reduced enough

PS: I have to agree about Foo Fighters. I think 2 singles, 3 on-disc songs, 4 packs, and an album is a biiiit much

I'll take a look. Thanks.

#27 ws54

ws54
  • 767 posts

Posted July 31, 2015 - 08:31 PM

Here I go being that guy again, but... Herman's Hermits? And no "There's a Kind of Hush" or "Mrs. Brown You've Got a Lovely Daughter" or "Leaning on the Lamp Post"?

But seriously, this is good stuff and I thank ws54 for at least having good taste in bands. ;)

They were all serious contenders, but even though these songs seem very simple, they are not always easy to chart. I gave up on I'm Into Something Good a few times (which I charted first,) and so after that I looked for other songs that were easier to chart. So I hope people especially enjoy that one since it took a long time to do. But there's always a chance more HH songs will be done in the future, including these. Glad you like them.

#28 ws54

ws54
  • 767 posts

Posted July 31, 2015 - 08:34 PM

If you enjoy the Herman's Hermits songs and you play Guitar then be sure to pick up Silhouettes in my Other Customs thread: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4252.

#29 SwagApple

SwagApple
  • 64 posts

Posted July 31, 2015 - 08:37 PM

DREAM HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#30 CptEd

CptEd
  • 5 posts

Posted August 1, 2015 - 02:20 AM

Been waiting FOREVER for New York State of Mind! I never understood why Harmonix never did it, but I'm more than glad to see you guys tackled this one :D week has been made!

#31 FujiSkunk

FujiSkunk
  • 677 posts

Posted August 1, 2015 - 05:14 AM

So I hope people especially enjoy ["I'm into Something Good"] since it took a long time to do.

Definitely I do, even if the song did just kick my tail on vocals. Again, thank you!

Question to DVDSmith: Was it intentional to leave the hi-hat open through-out "The Way It Is"? I know the hi-hat in the song doesn't sound as tight as a closed hi-hat can, but it doesn't sound open to me either. I've actually noticed the hi-hat open in many customs where it shouldn't be (one or two official tracks, too). I suspect that's because it starts open and so you have to remember to add a marker to close it at the beginning of the song.

#32 VOC Sonder NL

VOC Sonder NL
  • 151 posts

Posted August 1, 2015 - 12:51 PM

Great to see Bruce Hornsby's the way it is on C3 with all instruments!
It already existed but only guitar and I thought that was a pitty, but now I can play this big hit from my youth!

(who still remembers Black-Wonderful world??)

Got no milk today too, catchy song....old! :D

(I googled on some rockband 4 and guitar hero live songlist.......man what a dissapointment so far. Maybe it's me and it's my age, but maybe there were 2 songs that I thought were nice, but not more than nice.
When Im looking at customs creators.....holy shit what a fantastic songs :excited: )

#33 samjjones

samjjones
  • 1,342 posts
    NJ: The Home of Sinatra, Springsteen, and Bon Jovi

Posted August 1, 2015 - 05:24 PM

So I hope people especially enjoy ["I'm into Something Good"] since it took a long time to do.

Just crushed it on vocals. Even snuck in a "Nice beaver" during overdrive.

Thanks much.

#34 samjjones

samjjones
  • 1,342 posts
    NJ: The Home of Sinatra, Springsteen, and Bon Jovi

Posted August 1, 2015 - 05:26 PM

Also crushed "New York State of Mind". What a great vocal and melody.

Anybody have eventual plans for "Allentown"?

#35 CBassNL

CBassNL
  • 26 posts

Posted August 1, 2015 - 11:01 PM

New York State of Mind! One of my all-time favourites. So tomorrow it's time to pick up the ol' drumsticks again huh.

Thanks! :excited:

#36 DVDSmith

DVDSmith
  • 431 posts

Posted August 2, 2015 - 03:21 PM

Question to DVDSmith: Was it intentional to leave the hi-hat open through-out "The Way It Is"? I know the hi-hat in the song doesn't sound as tight as a closed hi-hat can, but it doesn't sound open to me either. I've actually noticed the hi-hat open in many customs where it shouldn't be (one or two official tracks, too). I suspect that's because it starts open and so you have to remember to add a marker to close it at the beginning of the song.

Actually, that's the hi-hat closed, which is the default state. In Reaper, you have to add a marker to open it, and you have to sustain that marker for however long you want the hi-hat to be open for. "The Way It Is" doesn't have any markers for open hi-hats.

It might just be the way RB3's rendered it, but it's definitely a closed hi-hat. (You can see the difference clearly at 1:22 in this video.)

#37 Nightmare Lyra

Nightmare Lyra

Ukulele Hero

• 1,957 posts

Posted August 2, 2015 - 03:37 PM

Actually, that's the hi-hat closed, which is the default state. In Reaper, you have to add a marker to open it, and you have to sustain that marker for however long you want the hi-hat to be open for. "The Way It Is" doesn't have any markers for open hi-hats.

It might just be the way RB3's rendered it, but it's definitely a closed hi-hat. (You can see the difference clearly at 1:22 in this video.)

Actually, there is a common glitch that if there isn't any open hi-hat markers the hat might be open by default. I tend to fix it by putting a open hat marker that ends at the first playable note and have the [play] event be a bit beforehand

horror_movie_special fan club member

#38 questionmark

questionmark
  • 548 posts

Posted August 2, 2015 - 06:12 PM

Great week. Never thought I'd see a pack of Herman's Hermits!

#39 DVDSmith

DVDSmith
  • 431 posts

Posted August 2, 2015 - 07:51 PM

Actually, there is a common glitch that if there isn't any open hi-hat markers the hat might be open by default. I tend to fix it by putting a open hat marker that ends at the first playable note and have the [play] event be a bit beforehand

Never knew that, thanks NL! That's what I get for talking out of my ass again :)

#40 FujiSkunk

FujiSkunk
  • 677 posts

Posted August 3, 2015 - 07:50 PM

Never knew that, thanks NL! That's what I get for talking out of my ass again :)

Not a big deal, certainly, I was just curious if it was intentional. Thanks for replying!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users