[How-To] Playing Customs on 360

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#101 hardcoredrummer

hardcoredrummer
  • 52 posts

Posted July 21, 2018 - 10:40 PM

Are you using a 360 or PS3/Wii? The files are created for 360 first and other platforms do indeed require conversion.

What exactly is saying they're not valid files?

i'm xbox 360.  i do have a digital copy on my drive currrently. should that be deleted? there is no updates at all listed like at the start of this tutorial.

i downloaded the files directly from here and i'm trying to add to usb via drag and drop and i get invalid rock band files...one second. files say 0 bytes so chrome was not really downloading the file. works now

i'll let you know

do i need the song cache? wondering if both versions of rb3 will conflict. perhaps disc can be offline and digital online?

#102 Whizzer

Whizzer
  • 349 posts

Posted July 22, 2018 - 12:11 AM

i'm xbox 360.  i do have a digital copy on my drive currrently. should that be deleted? there is no updates at all listed like at the start of this tutorial.

i downloaded the files directly from here and i'm trying to add to usb via drag and drop and i get invalid rock band files...one second. files say 0 bytes so chrome was not really downloading the file. works now

i'll let you know

do i need the song cache? wondering if both versions of rb3 will conflict. perhaps disc can be offline and digital online?

The digital download version of the game includes Title Update 5, which blocks customs, sadly. You can copy the disc version to your hard drive, of course.

You don't need the song cache, the game will create it by itself.

I don't know if both versions will conflict. That you will have to experiment with yourself.

#103 hardcoredrummer

hardcoredrummer
  • 52 posts

Posted October 24, 2018 - 11:22 PM

what does reset rbtousb do?

can your files be on the usb still but not show up?

is there a way to see the hidden files to copy them to a safe place?

something went wrong with my usb

shows 15 gigs being used which is the only thing on the drive. other than a recovery program is there anything go have these show up again?

#104 R0CKBAND ROCKER

R0CKBAND ROCKER
  • 5 posts

Posted November 16, 2018 - 08:45 PM

OK, forgive me for being stupid. I haven't played customs since RB4 released and it looks like there have been some changes. I've gone thru all the steps to reformat my thumb drive and I'm still running TU4. I've tried downloading a bunch of new customs and using CONTools but I seem to be having a problem with the format. I've downloaded about 250 songs and only 3 can be converted without saying it's "not a valid file" and "no valid Rock Band files to copy". All the files that won't convert are showing up as text documents instead of text files. Am I missing something?

#105 Whizzer

Whizzer
  • 349 posts

Posted November 17, 2018 - 12:22 AM

You don't have to convert them. The files you download go on your USB drive, using RBtoUSB from C3 CON Tools.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users