The FujiSkunk CCM Megapack!
(Or, The "FujiSkunk's Biting Off More than He Should Chew" Project)
CCM (Contemporary Christian Music) has been sorely underrepresented in Rock Band 3, forcing CCM fans to play through the same few songs over and over, or worse, drag out the PC just to play Guitar Praise or JAMBand. This project aims to change that, by adding 30 CCM songs into the game! Just like anime is not really a single style or genre of animation, CCM is not really a single style or genre of music. Among these 30 songs you will find pop, rock, alternative, contemporary praise and worship, and even a helping of good ol' fashioned hair metal! Good CCM isn't confined to a single time period either, and the songs in this project come from the '80s, '90s, '00s and '10s!
To encourage myself to stick with this project, rather than author each song one at a time until complete, I have broken this project into phases, with each phase adding a little more to all 30 songs. Right now the project as a whole is in Phase
One Two Three. The phases are:
- Tempo mapping, guitar chart importing and/or first-draft authoring
- Slight guitar clean-up, CAT reductions for charts without lower difficulties, EVENT/BEAT/VENUE track creation, first playable game packages.
- Further guitar clean-up and full manual reductions, bass authoring and full manual reductions.
- Drum authoring and full manual reductions.
- Pro and 5-lane keys authoring and full manual reductions.
- Vocals, both solo and harmony. (Song finished at this point!)
Note that Phase One involved some chart "importing". Many of these guitar charts were converted from Frets on Fire charts, which themselves were converted from charts originally created for Guitar Praise and JAMBand. I have nothing but positive thoughts about companies and enthusiasts that bring more CCM songs into rhythm gaming, but... let's just say the original charts weren't exactly up to Harmonix's gold standard. I've fixed some of the most egregious sins, but players will still notice plenty of overcharting, undercharting, and just plain "off" charting in a lot of these songs. Despite the roughage, I believe the songs remain fun to play, at least until a more thorough cleaning happens in Phase Three.
So, you might ask, how long will it take until all 30 songs are complete and fully playable? Well, that just might depend on you. Yes, you. While I'll do everything myself if I have to, collaboration would make this project go faster! If anybody is interested in working on anything, be it a single instrument in a single song or a full-scale collaboration on the whole project, just ping me and we'll talk. My only requirement would be to have something ready by the time I get to the relevant phase for that particular song or songs; otherwise I'd just continue working on them myself. And of course, any collaborators will get credit, along with my thanks and gratitude.
As long as these songs are WiPs, I plan to keep them out of the database and off the C3U site. I figure it'll keep things more low key until it's time to show off completed, full-band game packages. But of course they will be available here, for anyone who wants to play them or tinker with them ahead of time. And with that, here are the songs of the FujiSkunk CCM Megapack! (Color represents the last phase complete and downloadable for that particular song.)
Six from the Newsboys!
- "Shine" remix from Shine: The Hits
- "Wherever We Go" from Go
- "Something Beautiful" from Go
- "I Am Free" from Go
- "He Reigns" from Adoration: The Worship Album
- "You Are My King (Amazing Love)" from Adoration: The Worship Album
Three from dc Talk, with two from the same album as official DLC "Jesus Freak"!
- "The Hardway" from Free at Last
- "Between You and Me" from Jesus Freak
- "Colored People" from Jesus Freak
Three from TobyMac, from his post-dc-Talk solo career!
- "Gone" from Welcome to Diverse City
- "I'm for You" from (portable sounds)
- "Made to Love" from (portable sounds)
Three from Chris Tomlin!
- "Indescribable" from Arriving
- "Our God" from And If Our God Is for Us...
- "I Will Follow" from And If Our God Is for Us...
Three from Audio Adrenaline!
- "Flood" by Jars of Clay, from their self-titled debut
- "Lifesong" by Casting Crowns, from Lifesong
- "Perfect Day" by Josh Bates, from Perfect Day
- "My Heart Goes Out" by Warren Barfield, from his self-titled debut
- "Take You Back" by Jeremy Camp, from Restored
- "To Hell with the Devil" by Stryper, from To Hell with the Devil
- "There You Go" by Caedmon's Call, from 40 Acres
- "Dare You to Move" by Switchfoot, from The Beautiful Letdown (same album as official DLC "Meant to Live")
- "Dive" by Steven Curtis Chapman, from Speechless
- "I Can Only Imagine" by MercyMe, from Almost There
- "Everything Glorious" by David Crowder*Band, from Remedy
- "Cry Out to Jesus" by Third Day, from Wherever You Are
Remember the TL;DR points: don't expect perfection or full-band now, but expect perfection and full-band later, and contributors welcome! Stay tuned to this spot for updates as they happen, and happy playing!
(For historical purposes: The original original post of this thread was a request for opinions on what to author next. Since then this has become my WiP thread, with the first post spotlighting whatever project[s] I have active at the time.)