Maybe a little Far-Fetched...But a "Download All" button?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 z0oinks

z0oinks
  • 5 posts

Posted July 4, 2015 - 01:41 PM

Hey guys,
I just recently got back into customs are a break from RockBand and found this site (which rocks!). I plan on using RB3 for parties mostly, and would love to have a huge variety of songs so there's something for everyone's taste. Instead of going through and downloading everything manually, would it be possible to implement a "Download All" button? Each console would probably need it's own button, and the filters would probably have to apply for people who don't want 1x and 2x bass versions.

I don't know how hard or feasible this is, but I'd really like to see it happen :)

#2 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 4,917 posts

Posted July 4, 2015 - 01:45 PM

Wow. How did we not think about this in over 2 years?!

#3 z0oinks

z0oinks
  • 5 posts

Posted July 4, 2015 - 02:21 PM

Better late than never :)

And sorry for the double post, I was on spotty internet and the first time didn't seem to actually go through. If you wanna erase the one no one has posted to yet, that would be great

#4 Nyxyxylyth

Nyxyxylyth

Magnificent Bastard

• Administrator
  • 1,407 posts

Posted July 4, 2015 - 02:25 PM

Discussed before. Not going to happen for two big reasons:
- Nobody wants to be the lucky janitor who has to update a monstrous file every time a song is released or an old one gets fixed
- Tracking downloads for individual songs wouldn't be possible

#5 z0oinks

z0oinks
  • 5 posts

Posted July 4, 2015 - 02:40 PM

Oh, the way I was thinking of it was that it goes and auto-clicks the corresponding download button for each...not necessarily that everything gets thrown into one file

#6 Farottone

Farottone

The Lean Mean Customs Charting Machine

• Administrator
  • 6,450 posts

Posted July 4, 2015 - 02:57 PM

Oh, the way I was thinking of it was that it goes and auto-clicks the corresponding download button for each...not necessarily that everything gets thrown into one file

Unfortunately we don't have nearly enough server resources to provide a "Download All" feature.

#7 z0oinks

z0oinks
  • 5 posts

Posted July 4, 2015 - 03:58 PM

Ah, that's a shame. Thanks though!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users