Have C3/customs kept your Rock Band experience alive? Tell us here!

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#81 imac007

imac007
  • 62 posts

Posted August 28, 2015 - 03:23 AM

It has kept, lets say rejuvenated my interest. I love all the interesting customs (Henry the VIII, Kicks, and Just Dropped In bring back so many memories of my youth).

I'm kinda confused though, how does the arrival of RB4 affect C3?

But if it is indeed the end, I would like to thank everyone that has helped me.

#82 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 4,663 posts

Posted August 28, 2015 - 03:26 AM

I'm kinda confused though, how does the arrival of RB4 affect C3?

Take 10 minutes to read the copious threads and posts about this topic already. Been discussed to death and has at least two announcement threads dedicated to that effect.

#83 sanchny

sanchny
  • 29 posts

Posted September 12, 2015 - 06:04 AM

I only just found out about C3 this summer. My interest in RB3 had waned and I had stopped playing, despite owning ~700 official songs, an Ion drum set, and an RB3 Squier Stratocaster. My interest was rekindled with the RB4 announcement this Spring, but even then I didn't know about C3. I wish I knew sooner, instead of as it's ending.

I had known that RB customs existed but thought it required modding your system, which I had no interest in doing. I'm not sure exactly what it was, but *something* clicked this summer and I realized (saw somewhere) that modding wasn't required on the 360. Joining this late in the game is a little weird because the community has been around for so long and there are so many known authors and community members and they've made so many songs available, but I'm happy I've found it. I just got an XB1 for RB4, but I'll be keeping my 360 right next to it for customs, both playing and hopefully authoring some songs. And I'm glad that there were no takers when I was trying to get rid of my Squier and RB keyboard controller earlier in the summer.

#84 Dahnlee

Dahnlee
  • 160 posts

Posted October 18, 2015 - 12:43 PM

This community is literally a dream come true.  When HMX DLC ended, there were still so many great artists that I badly wanted to see in RB - but that was it, the final cut, not to be.  Then I found out about the GH to RB project, but those songs were Xbox only!  I downloaded them anyway, in the hope that, one day, there would be a way to make them work on the PS3.  Every few weeks, I would do an Internet search for PS3 RB customs.  Finally, in July of 2014, I hit this link: http://pksage.com/cc...s-on-ps3/page-1 and I've been here ever since.

I've seen a lot of well deserved "thank you"s go out to Farottone, Pksage, and all the C3 authors.  I want to take a moment to thank Trojan Nemo and TDCMark.  Without their efforts, the PS3 would not have been a part and I never would have been able to enjoy the rest.

Thanks to all for giving me my heart's desire:

http://forums.harmon...Comment_4958038

#85 Farottone

Farottone

The Lean Mean Customs Charting Machine

• Administrator
  • 5,756 posts

Posted October 18, 2015 - 01:30 PM

I've seen a lot of well deserved "thank you"s go out to Farottone, Pksage, and all the C3 authors.  I want to take a moment to thank Trojan Nemo and TDCMark.  Without their efforts, the PS3 would not have been a part and I never would have been able to enjoy the rest.

...and Hamburgerjung and Stack and all the people who worked hard behind the scenese to convert songs for PS3, Wii and Phase Shift. You are absolutely right: they deserve a ton of credit!

#86 iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic
  • 159 posts

Posted October 18, 2015 - 06:20 PM

...and Hamburgerjung and Stack and all the people who worked hard behind the scenese to convert songs for PS3, Wii and Phase Shift. You are absolutely right: they deserve a ton of credit!

Yeah Stack has been extremely helpful for many people, including me, and I am quite grateful for his work as well. The "Playing Customs on Wii" thread has basically been 61 pages of him helping people get customs working!

Makes Linkin Park customs. Click to see my thread!

#87 am142

am142
  • 3 posts

Posted November 2, 2015 - 10:46 PM

Hello, I'm new to this group. I just wanted to thank everyone who made this possible! It's really breathed new life into my Rock Band Experience. I just found out about this is site last week and I can't wait to be apart of this community!

#88 moc_os

moc_os
  • 50 posts

Posted November 11, 2015 - 12:09 AM

if it wasn't for stack, i would have never used any of the resources on this site. 

#89 MidnightRambler67

MidnightRambler67
  • 97 posts

Posted February 8, 2016 - 01:10 AM

Just want to say a big huge thanks to all the guys at C3 and all authors contributing all these great custom songs , I have been playing rockband / guitar hero since day one all those years ago lol :lol:  and unable to purchase rb4  as of yet but still playing RB3 , but as the choice available is soo vast for customs it keeps the rocking alive . :rock:

I have been reading up on all the experts posts and just seeing how much time and effort goes in is amazing and so undervalued by some , keep up the good work guys , i hope to contribute someday but will need a big helping hand lol   :blink:

ooooh cheeky request as there seems to be Stones tracks around any chance of my name sake as my favourite Stones track  back in the Blues days  

Cheers guys , enjoying every minute :dance:  :excited:  :D   

#90 Kemiroch

Kemiroch
  • 658 posts

Posted February 8, 2016 - 02:01 AM

ooooh cheeky request as there seems to be Stones tracks around any chance of my name sake as my favourite Stones track  back in the Blues days  

Well, as a charter of Stones songs myself, I would love to chart that song. Alas, my weakness in charting is the very first step, tempo mapping. If we could find someone to tempo map it, I would do the rest :)

Check out Kem's Customs! Featuring The Sounds, The Donnas, George Thorogood, and The Rolling Stones.

WIPs.

#91 Froogs

Froogs
  • 270 posts

Posted February 8, 2016 - 02:40 AM

I'm a little late, but oh well. Customs in general, not just C3, mind you, resurrected my interest in rhythm games.
Hey, I'd come up with a witty idea for a signature but, I can't seem to think of an idea for one at the moment, so I'm just going to leave this here in case I think of one later.

Check out my song thread for all things Rock and Metal! - viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4170

Request a song for me to chart, here! - https://docs.google.... ... rm?c=0&w=1

#92 MidnightRambler67

MidnightRambler67
  • 97 posts

Posted February 8, 2016 - 08:59 AM

Well, as a charter of Stones songs myself, I would love to chart that song. Alas, my weakness in charting is the very first step, tempo mapping. If we could find someone to tempo map it, I would do the rest :)

Now that sounds promising  :derp:  ,Kemi  love to build up a quality Stones collection, keep up the good work  :clint:

#93 Kemiroch

Kemiroch
  • 658 posts

Posted February 8, 2016 - 01:42 PM

I do have some more Stones coming, check out my thread in the WIP forum for some hints :)

Check out Kem's Customs! Featuring The Sounds, The Donnas, George Thorogood, and The Rolling Stones.

WIPs.

#94 MidnightRambler67

MidnightRambler67
  • 97 posts

Posted February 8, 2016 - 07:06 PM

I do have some more Stones coming, check out my thread in the WIP forum for some hints :)

Looking forward to it , hints are fun too keeps the old brain ticking over  :lol:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users