• Please log in to reply
217 replies to this topic

#201 Farottone

Farottone

The Lean Mean Customs Charting Machine

• Administrator
  • 6,469 posts

Posted October 9, 2015 - 07:14 PM

They made it clear online mode is 500,000 dollars away at the least and keys are not in their vision for the game.

#202 Darksphere92

Darksphere92
  • 214 posts

Posted October 9, 2015 - 07:26 PM

They made it clear online mode is 500,000 dollars away at the least and keys are not in their vision for the game.

are we talking real money or fake money?

#203 funkydunkleman

funkydunkleman
  • 682 posts

Posted October 9, 2015 - 08:31 PM

How much you wanna bet they start a Kickstarter for additional features?

My Customs (Now only ⅔ ACDC!)

#204 raynebc

raynebc
  • 287 posts

Posted October 9, 2015 - 09:12 PM

I don't see how it would cost a half million if they design the multiplayer so that peers connect to each other and elect one as the host.  Half a million sounds like long term server infrastructure for Harmonix to host all multiplayer matches.

#205 Darksphere92

Darksphere92
  • 214 posts

Posted October 9, 2015 - 10:47 PM

Also what happen to all the money Harmonix made off of RB3 and it's DLCs? did they spend it on drugs and hookers? :P

#206 Farottone

Farottone

• Administrator
  • 6,469 posts

Posted October 9, 2015 - 10:58 PM

Rock Band 3 made so much money that the sequel had to wait 5 years and had to be produced by a skeleton crew.

#207 Darksphere92

Darksphere92
  • 214 posts

Posted October 9, 2015 - 11:16 PM

Rock Band 3 made so much money that the sequel had to wait 5 years and had to be produced by a skeleton crew.

i can see Harmonix now, "Well we spent all the RB3 money and DLC money,oh sh*t, well might as well rush out a 4th game"

sound about right? i am not hating on them or anything, i love the heck out of the games they made.

#208 Farottone

Farottone

• Administrator
  • 6,469 posts

Posted October 9, 2015 - 11:25 PM

Again, had they made a ton of money, RB4 would have been released 4 years ago. It's pretty much settled that Rock Band 3 did poorly, a financial statement by Mad Catz 4 years ago pointed straight to it. Harmonix went from being an MTV/EA partner to being an indie studio in a couple of years, you can infer from that how bad RB3 did.

#209 RBPUK

RBPUK
  • 217 posts

Posted October 9, 2015 - 11:35 PM

What did they expect with little or no marketing in the UK and probably the rest of Europe.  Gamers in the UK didn't even know RB3 was out and unfortunately it seems RB4 is going the same way.

#210 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 5,020 posts

Posted October 10, 2015 - 01:48 AM

RB3 export will happen. Just need time.

https://twitter.com/...594138404118528

Big discussion thread here:

https://www.reddit.c..._details_later/

#211 sanchny

sanchny
  • 36 posts

Posted October 10, 2015 - 02:32 AM

Good to hear! I miss a bunch of the songs, but I have a bunch of DLC so it's not like I'm struggling with playing the same few songs over and over.

In the meantime, I'm enjoying the voting system. It's a good way to rediscover songs I had and didn't play or played very little in favor of a band's big hit.

#212 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 5,020 posts

Posted October 10, 2015 - 04:38 AM

For those of you who might be throwing RB4 parties anytime soon and might be looking to make a booklet. If you're on the current version of C3 CON Tools you can already access the 65 RB4 on-disc songs, as well as the 4 Amazon pre-order songs, the 12 Xbox One pre-order songs and the 10 PlayStation Plus pre-order songs in Setlist Manager.

Remember you need to be in RB4 mode for these to be available -> Options -> Mode -> Rock Band 4. Then click on the Rock Band 4 menu that becomes visible and select what songs you want to add to your setlist.

There's an update coming out this weekend that'll also enable one-click add for the 30 pre-order songs, as soon as all 30 of them are available. I can't seem to find a few of them yet.

#213 Sideshow

Sideshow
  • 2,609 posts

Posted October 10, 2015 - 06:20 AM

How hard could of it been to add a total number of songs owned when your browsing the setlist?  Also if you have a ton of songs and sorting by artist, going from A to Z takes quite some time to scroll.  It's like they looked at RB3's bevy of sorting options and said, "Lets go backwards and make this more difficult".  I don't even want to go through my library to see what songs I have installed that are not showing up in the setlist because it's probably quite a lot of songs.  Patch please.

#214 Darksphere92

Darksphere92
  • 214 posts

Posted October 10, 2015 - 06:25 AM

How hard could of it been to add a total number of songs owned when your browsing the setlist?  Also if you have a ton of songs and sorting by artist, going from A to Z takes quite some time to scroll.  It's like they looked at RB3's bevy of sorting options and said, "Lets go backwards and make this more difficult".  I don't even want to go through my library to see what songs I have installed that are not showing up in the setlist because it's probably quite a lot of songs.  Patch please.

it's hard enough for me in Rock Band 3 to scroll through the songs, because of the 1230 songs I have, it's also hard to pick what I want to play.

#215 Sideshow

Sideshow
  • 2,609 posts

Posted October 10, 2015 - 04:08 PM

it's hard enough for me in Rock Band 3 to scroll through the songs, because of the 1230 songs I have, it's also hard to pick what I want to play.

It would of been cool if they had Kinect support to search a song or artist  you want to play next. 

#216 samjjones

samjjones
  • 1,492 posts
    NJ: The Home of Sinatra, Springsteen, and Bon Jovi

Posted October 10, 2015 - 05:32 PM

It would of been cool if they had Kinect support to search a song or artist  you want to play next. 

Yes, being able to vocally call out a song to select would have been a tremendous add.  I completely understand why they didn't do this, though.

#217 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 5,020 posts

Posted October 12, 2015 - 12:25 AM

Has anyone been able to get all 30 of the pre-order bonus songs? I got my 12 Xbox exclusive songs, and I bought the 10 PS+ exclusive songs. Missing many of the 30 pre-order bonus songs and can't find the Amazon exclusives for sale...

#218 MFX

MFX
  • 408 posts

Posted October 12, 2015 - 03:17 AM

Yes, being able to vocally call out a song to select would have been a tremendous add.  I completely understand why they didn't do this, though.

"PLAY FREEBIRD, MAN!!!"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users