• Please log in to reply
217 replies to this topic

#1 Farottone

Farottone

The Lean Mean Customs Charting Machine

• Administrator
  • 6,130 posts

Posted June 11, 2015 - 09:53 PM

[Mod Abuse - Edit title to note there's an annoucncement today at 11 PST rather than spinning up another new thread. See end of thread. -espher]

http://www.amazon.co... ... SJ.2KXRBVG

Price could be 249$ or 199$ in the US (if it was 208£ it's probably 249, if it was euros it may be 199 for various reasons). Release date October 6th, my guess is it's correct, because if only the release date was incorrect, Amazon would have changed that to "TBD". Instead they pulled it altogether, making me think they just botched an embargo and published it a week earlier than allowed.

Nemo picked up this, which confirms what we thought:
"Add your personal signature to every performance through groundbreaking features such as Freestyle Guitar Solos that allow players to create their own legendary solos"

Very intriguing. Considering the "personal signature" on drums is optional, I would put money on the freestyle guitar solos being optional too, so IMO no need to fret about not being able to play them. But I *would* be excited about the prospect of playing freestyle on all released DLC: it may be something that HMX can apply to any released song.

#2 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 4,749 posts

Posted June 11, 2015 - 10:38 PM

Whoooooooo!

#3 Kemiroch

Kemiroch
  • 701 posts

Posted June 11, 2015 - 10:43 PM

Well, Amazon release dates have been wrong before.

Just sayin'. :)

Check out Kem's Customs! Featuring The Sounds, The Donnas, George Thorogood, and The Rolling Stones.

WIPs.

Collaboration Thread!

#4 hunttj

hunttj
  • 118 posts

Posted June 11, 2015 - 10:55 PM

Looks like they took it down. What was the price?

#5 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 4,749 posts

Posted June 11, 2015 - 11:01 PM

Bastards.

Price was 208 euros/pounds? and it included free shipping.
I expected $200 USD for the kit, so this is more expensive than anticipated.

#6 hunttj

hunttj
  • 118 posts

Posted June 12, 2015 - 12:13 AM

I'm anticipating preorders start next week during e3?

#7 Farottone

Farottone

• Administrator
  • 6,130 posts

Posted June 12, 2015 - 12:24 AM

I'm anticipating preorders start next week during e3?

My guess is this was to be embargoed until E3, so I would guess so.

#8 Mr Wally

Mr Wally
  • 332 posts

Posted June 12, 2015 - 10:55 AM

It's all getting exciting ladies and gentlemen. Got to buy my xbox one first

"I am the Tekno Junkie"

#9 chexmixho

chexmixho
  • 664 posts

Posted June 12, 2015 - 02:58 PM

It's all getting exciting ladies and gentlemen. Got to buy my xbox one first

Snag one of the newly announced 1TB consoles that include the new controller design and Halo MCC. Currently, they are $399 but you can get one through the microsoftstore.com and get a $50 promotional credit to use on anything else on their site essentially making it $350.

#10 Kemiroch

Kemiroch
  • 701 posts

Posted June 12, 2015 - 03:10 PM

Eh.

Freestyle guitar solos bum me out. I CAN'T play guitar. I've tried. That's why I play RB!

Although, now that I think about it, if freestyle guitar solos replace those ridiculous Skittles® solos, I'm all for it.

PS: Taste the rainbow!

Check out Kem's Customs! Featuring The Sounds, The Donnas, George Thorogood, and The Rolling Stones.

WIPs.

Collaboration Thread!

#11 hunttj

hunttj
  • 118 posts

Posted June 12, 2015 - 03:16 PM

I'm anticipating the full band kit will be $299 - which might be a little too steep for me. Hopefully all of my old instruments work on the xbox one!

#12 samjjones

samjjones
  • 1,333 posts
    NJ: The Home of Sinatra, Springsteen, and Bon Jovi

Posted June 12, 2015 - 04:21 PM

$249 sounds about right.

I also will need to pick up an Xbox One. Thanks for that link above.

#13 Kemiroch

Kemiroch
  • 701 posts

Posted June 12, 2015 - 05:08 PM

I'm not sure yet whether I will be buying a full band (minus bass, bleh) pack or trying to use my old instruments. I'm on 360 now so I have to get a new console too, which kind of drains the ol bank account already. XBone backwards compatibility needs some kind of adapter, ja? I wonder if they will release a 'pseudo' full band pack with the game and 3 adapters? Or 2 adapters, as it were. No love for bass :(

PS Yeah, I know keys gets even less love but, there is no keys player in my band :)

WIPs.

Collaboration Thread!

#14 chexmixho

chexmixho
  • 664 posts

Posted June 12, 2015 - 09:27 PM

Man I hope this is $200 and not $250-300.

#15 mrmet2087

mrmet2087
  • 340 posts

Posted June 12, 2015 - 10:15 PM

The rock band Twitter account tweeted a photo of the same box art. I'd be willing to be the release date is real.

UPDATED LINK! My Thread With All My Video Game/Movie/TV Show Related Customs, Including Instrument and Difficulty Details -
http://pksage.com/cc...the-last-of-us/

#16 iammax

iammax
  • 613 posts

Posted June 13, 2015 - 02:17 AM

I really don't like the sound of freestyle guitar solos.

If they replace solos with freestyles, like BREs, then that's just one more degree of casualization that I really hate. I hate BREs and trill lanes. I don't like drum fills either but I see the point in those, at least.

#17 Farottone

Farottone

• Administrator
  • 6,130 posts

Posted June 13, 2015 - 10:29 AM

I really don't like the sound of freestyle guitar solos.

If they replace solos with freestyles, like BREs, then that's just one more degree of casualization that I really hate. I hate BREs and trill lanes. I don't like drum fills either but I see the point in those, at least.

It's surely gonna be optional anyway like activation fills on drums.

#18 Farottone

Farottone

• Administrator
  • 6,130 posts

Posted June 13, 2015 - 10:46 AM

http://webcache.goog... ... clnk&gl=us

I think the date looks all but confirmed. I have to say, there's little in the press release that makes me want to go and preorder right now because I really really HAVE to play this on day 1. Some interesting new additions but even the campaign mode seems underwhelming 4 months away from release. I suppose E3 will tell us more.

Online play is not mentioned and if I were the kind of player who used to play online a lot I would now start to worry, because I checked all 3 previous iterations and online play *or leaderboards* are mentioned even on the box of each and every one of them. I'm stressing leaderboards because I find it weird that the word "online" is not mentioned once in the press release when even in the very very small real estate of the back of a video game disc case has always been mentioned before. For reference, previous titles would specifically say that parts of the gameplay were available online. One could argue that it's such a basic feature that the press release didn't need to mention it, but regardless of the fact that they did mention it in the previous iterations, we also have the interview with the question "is there going to be an online mode at all" to which we know the answer was vague.

#19 samjjones

samjjones
  • 1,333 posts
    NJ: The Home of Sinatra, Springsteen, and Bon Jovi

Posted June 13, 2015 - 02:19 PM

I'd bet that online play/competitive mode will *not* be included initially. Didn't hmxhenry say that they were excited about being able to add functionality post-release, like additional clothing assets, and competitive modes? Or did I mis-hear?

#20 iammax

iammax
  • 613 posts

Posted June 13, 2015 - 02:42 PM

while my position on RB4 is still 50% "no gh2 x-plorer, no buy" and 50% "I don't have an xbone anyway", no online would make it even less enthusiastic tbh.

The soundtrack better be extroadinary to make up for this stuff

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users