RB4 online multiplayer not confirmed...

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 5,020 posts

Posted June 3, 2015 - 11:17 AM

Is it going to support online play at all? In case you can't get your mates over or you have some awful disease or something.

We're still working through those details, but that sort of asynchronous multiplayer set-up is very compelling, and we know that people do want it, but it's very expensive. We're weighing that feature up against some of the other stuff that we're doing.

http://www.vice.com/... ... encore-822

Wat.

#2 Ultimate_MANG0

Ultimate_MANG0
  • 856 posts

Posted June 3, 2015 - 11:44 AM

I just. What? That's quite a big feature they're thinking of leaving out. I didn't play much online but can't think it being gone completely

kFntCK9.jpg

#3 Kemiroch

Kemiroch
  • 718 posts

Posted June 3, 2015 - 12:45 PM

As someone who has never played, nor wanted to play, online Rock Band, I still see this is a strange and potentially disastrous omission. Kids these days, they want their onlinez and their smart phonez and their z'z everywherez.

Check out Kem's Customs! Featuring The Sounds, The Donnas, George Thorogood, and The Rolling Stones.

WIPs.

Collaboration Thread!

#4 b4mv

b4mv
  • 269 posts

Posted June 3, 2015 - 02:00 PM

Even as a "kid" who was 16 when the first rockband game released, i played it once online, after playing Coming Home for 3 of the 4 songs played, I never went back to online again.

If head to head was introduced, that'd probably change though. I probably sank 60 hours into GH3 online.

#5 mrmet2087

mrmet2087
  • 402 posts

Posted June 3, 2015 - 02:29 PM

The "expensive" part are the servers and structure is assume. Pitfalls of being a self published game I suppose.

UPDATED LINK! My Thread With All My Video Game/Movie/TV Show Related Customs, Including Instrument and Difficulty Details -
http://pksage.com/cc...the-last-of-us/

#6 iammax

iammax
  • 652 posts

Posted June 3, 2015 - 04:20 PM

I can't imagine they'd leave that out... it's like the core feature of the series

#7 raynebc

raynebc
  • 287 posts

Posted June 3, 2015 - 04:20 PM

You can stop cutting major features of the game any time now, Harmonix.

#8 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 5,020 posts

Posted June 3, 2015 - 04:24 PM

Well, give them a chance to announce that future DLC won't have stems.

#9 Farottone

Farottone

The Lean Mean Customs Charting Machine

• Administrator
  • 6,469 posts

Posted June 3, 2015 - 04:50 PM

Well, give them a chance to announce future DLC.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

#10 samjjones

samjjones
  • 1,492 posts
    NJ: The Home of Sinatra, Springsteen, and Bon Jovi

Posted June 3, 2015 - 05:55 PM

*We* all know that RB is a great party game, but can you really sustain a franchise on the party aspect? Now that I'm in my 40s...it's a heckuva lot harder to get people my age together to play drunk RB. Do kids even want to play console games when they get together anymore? I thought it was all mobile phones and no consequences sex nowadays.

If they are punting on online play, it sounds like they are banking on RPG elements and "party play" to drive this thing forward. I just don't know...

#11 Nyxyxylyth

Nyxyxylyth

Magnificent Bastard

• Administrator
  • 1,409 posts

Posted June 3, 2015 - 05:56 PM

Online is the only reason I'd buy it.

#12 realpersonirl

realpersonirl
  • 56 posts

Posted June 3, 2015 - 06:22 PM

Harmonix obviously has WAY less money right now then what they had making RB2 and RB3. I'll be surprised if it ships without online play, but subsequently, I won't be surprised at all if they patch it in later.
Forum signatures are so 2006
Check out my customs thread tho

#13 jokeman23

jokeman23
  • 345 posts

Posted June 3, 2015 - 07:29 PM

doesn't surprise me. It seems to me the game was developed on a shoe string budget compared to previous rock band games.

#14 Kemiroch

Kemiroch
  • 718 posts

Posted June 3, 2015 - 07:35 PM

doesn't surprise me. It seems to me the game was developed on a shoe string budget compared to previous rock band games.

Yeah, I think we just don't see that as fans. I think HMX is really banking on the income from initial sales and DLC to fund future additions to the game, but if they're not careful they will omit some feature that will hinder sales more than they realize. Online multiplayer might be that feature. Not for me, but perhaps someone else.

Check out Kem's Customs! Featuring The Sounds, The Donnas, George Thorogood, and The Rolling Stones.

WIPs.

Collaboration Thread!

#15 jokeman23

jokeman23
  • 345 posts

Posted June 3, 2015 - 08:12 PM

i love playing online so i would be bummed if we don't see it included.

#16 blackheartstar

blackheartstar
  • 193 posts

Posted June 3, 2015 - 10:36 PM

If online multiplayer is omitted from the disc and not a day one dlc item I'll be saving a lot of money not getting it or the PS4 to play it on.

Without online I have nobody to play with.

#17 Captainoffun22

Captainoffun22
  • 233 posts

Posted June 3, 2015 - 10:37 PM

The only reason I want gold is to play online in Rock Band 3 and play Guitar Hero Smash Hits Online (Never find anyone on smash hits :D)

And I would not be happy if it goes.

#18 espher

espher

Harmonies Hacker

• Administrator
  • 1,901 posts

Posted June 5, 2015 - 12:04 PM

I think I remember watching the video where this question/answer took place, and if it's the same one, the person asking the question seemed to phrase it in a way that talked about playing/having a band, which makes me think the question was interpreted to be about playing the tour/RPG mode online.

That lined up with the rest of the answer given (which is longer than Nemo's quote in the OP), but the async part has nothing to do with either mode, so the answer is a weird thing that sounds more like the question was heard/interpreted wrong.

BUT EVERYBODY PANIC

C3 Author/Admin, Project Lead for the Rock Band: Harmonies Project

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users