Tacodude
  • 3 posts

Posted June 2, 2015 - 01:24 AM

So i got c3ConTools and I don't know how to inject the TU4 or add custom songs

#3 BravoGangUS

BravoGangUS
  • 216 posts

Posted June 2, 2015 - 03:46 AM

In C3 Con Tools go to RBtoUSB which is the second option in the orange column. Click File, Open USB Drive, and pick the flash drive you are using for customs.

To add customs: drag and drop customs into the RBtoUSB window

To add TU4: click "Tools" then "Copy TU4 to drive"

Remember if you want to use RBtoUSB your flash drive needs to be formatted as FAT32

q9aY4iR.png Newest Customs: The Rick Dance (Rick and Morty) q9aY4iR.png

#4 PaulaW

PaulaW
  • 107 posts

Posted June 2, 2015 - 01:15 PM

Drag and drop doesn't work for me for some reason. I have to right click in the open RBtoUSB window and click "add files".

#5 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 4,701 posts

Posted June 2, 2015 - 01:50 PM

Drag drop doesn't work if you open C3 CON Tools in Administrator Mode. That's a Windows thing, nothing that can be done about it.

#6 PaulaW

PaulaW
  • 107 posts

Posted June 2, 2015 - 05:09 PM

Ah, I see. For some reason I had to open it in administrator mode for it to work on my computer. No big deal, though. I just put it on there in case someone else needed to do the same.

#7 GracieBlue19

GracieBlue19
  • 14 posts

Posted June 3, 2015 - 04:44 PM

I noticed in downloading some songs from the c3 custom list that some files are RAR files. Do I need to convert or do anything further with these RAR files (seem to be Guitar Hero songs only) to have them play with the rest of the rb3con customs I put on my flash drive? Do I just add them on there and play immediately without any hiccups? Right now my flash drive is formatted and only has files that clearly stated they were rb3con files when I downloaded them. Thanks guys!

#8 Farottone

Farottone

The Lean Mean Customs Charting Machine

• Administrator
  • 5,936 posts

Posted June 3, 2015 - 04:51 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WinRAR

#9 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 4,701 posts

Posted June 3, 2015 - 04:54 PM

If you're using RBtoUSB, RAR files are extracted for you and the files inside are added to the right folder. But yes, RAR files are not song files ;)

#10 GracieBlue19

GracieBlue19
  • 14 posts

Posted June 3, 2015 - 05:15 PM

Thank you both for the quick replies. I have an Xbox 360 and have a 32 gig flash I plug into the usb yes. So just to make sure I'm not misunderstanding, I use my party buffalo software as instructed in the helpful video and it will recognize and take care of the RAR files for me automatically? Does it put the songs in the same folder as the rb3con files currently on my flash? Obviously I'm late to the party. Sorry for the trouble. :)

#11 Farottone

Farottone

The Lean Mean Customs Charting Machine

• Administrator
  • 5,936 posts

Posted June 3, 2015 - 05:22 PM

I use my party buffalo software as instructed in the helpful video and it will recognize and take care of the RAR files for me automatically?

No, only RBtoUSB will do that, it's part of C3 CON Tools. If you're using Party Buffalo, unrar the files before transferring them.

#12 GracieBlue19

GracieBlue19
  • 14 posts

Posted June 3, 2015 - 05:35 PM

I use my party buffalo software as instructed in the helpful video and it will recognize and take care of the RAR files for me automatically?

No, only RBtoUSB will do that, it's part of C3 CON Tools. If you're using Party Buffalo, unrar the files before transferring them.

What would you recommend I download to unrar the files?

#13 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 4,701 posts

Posted June 3, 2015 - 05:37 PM

Google is a wonderful thing, don't be afraid to use it.

WinRAR or 7zip are the ones I use.

#14 PRIME

PRIME
  • 19 posts

Posted January 8, 2017 - 07:02 PM

Hi guys, I have been using RBtoUSB succesfully since it was introduced a few years back. I tried the "drag and drop" of the Rar. files. When I do, it cycles endlessly, I am talking about an hour, perhaps longer!

Is this behavior normal?  And if I try to close it, it will tell me to allow the extraction to complete before closing. Any tips? Thx!

#15 Alternity

Alternity
  • 512 posts

Posted January 8, 2017 - 07:49 PM

I don't think this software was meant to handle rar files. You need CON files (files without extension for xbox).

#16 Chips

Chips
  • 418 posts

Posted January 9, 2017 - 05:39 AM

Google is a wonderful thing, don't be afraid to use it.

WinRAR or 7zip are the ones I use.

#17 MAYHEMM13

MAYHEMM13
  • 1 posts

Posted January 28, 2017 - 07:51 AM

So I've assumed that this is a relevant forum to ask about getting the C3 CON TOOLS application started. If not please inform me and I'll look for a more relevant one.

So I downloaded the files for C3 CON TOOLS and extracted them to a folder I can access easily however the two folders that come with the file extraction have many applications and with me being the ultimate noob when it comes to things of this nature didn't know what to do or how to open the program and having my current computer very new I didn't want to break it just a month after purchase. I am sure it is a very obvious thing and I don't see it but I just want to be extra careful. Also with the new computer I got a temporary Norton security and it "quarantined" some files and I was only able to get one of them restored (used to like Norton not so much now).

I would give a screenshot of the folder containing the applications but can't figure out how to do that and i sure someone at least knows what I'm talking about.

Thank you to any who decides to listen and give advice,

MAYHEMM13

Sorry I figured it out with some investigating my winrar thank you to any who would have helped

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users