C3 Forums

May 15, 2015 - Rush's "2112" B-sides

Blog post: May 15, 2015 - The B-side of Rush's "2112", including "A Passage to Bangkok"!

Use this thread to provide feedback on any of the following songs:

New! Rush C02 (2112 B-sides) 5-pack

• Rush - "A Passage to Bangkok" (farottone and narutostarwars123456)
  • Rush - "The Twilight Zone" (farottone and narutostarwars123456)
  • Rush - "Lessons" (farottone)
  • Rush - "Tears" (Lowlander2 and farottone)
  • Rush - "Something for Nothing" (farottone and narutostarwars123456)

Please use this thread for feedback and general discussion. To report a bug or other issue with these songs, visit the C3 Bug Tracker.

Thanks for all the hard work.

Just as an aside, Prog Rock has been one of those things I wish I was into but just can't. If I were, this huge Rush pack, combined with all the Rush support RB has gotten in the past, would make me giddy as a school girl.

Speaking of school girls (and incidentally, giddy) I have some sort of allergic response to Geddy Lee's voice, and as such am physically unable to listen to Rush, let alone play it in RB. In my limited experience with the genre, similar voices seem to be quite common, leading to my inability to assimilate it into my musical stable.

Ah well. I'm sure everyone wanted to read the above, so, you are welcome.

Thanks for all the hard work.

Just as an aside, Prog Rock has been one of those things I wish I was into but just can't.

B side is not pro rock at all though, just hard rock. :) The voice is the voice though, so there you go. ;)

Since about a month ago I've been the guy doing the Phase Shift conversions. I would like to say that from now on I'm trying to do the conversions at the moment of release, if I can.

I would like to also point out that all the songs that have an Update in C3 Database also have been updated for Phase Shift.

Finally, thanks for giving me this opportunity, and thanks for your amazing releases.

PS: I don't write much in the forums because I'm from Spain and my English is very bad. Sorry.

Thanks TrojanNemo for the help with this post.

Since about a month ago I've been the guy doing the Phase Shift conversions. I would like to say that from now on I'm trying to do the conversions at the moment of release, if I can.

Thanks for your help!

Somebody else helped me out like a year ago touching up 2 songs but I couldn't find the information on who he was. If you're out there please let me know and I'll update the credits. ;)

was me? i remeber helping you with lessons and tears, :) anyways both have better polish as i see in the video

more rush :excited: im so happy, hope even more rush get c3 treatment

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=2

Great addition to the catalog.

It's funny: my album range for listening purposes is Hemispheres through Power Windows, but I'll have a hankering to play the older stuff in RB every once in a while. I guess the older challenging stuff just makes for fun charts!

Nice. I like all these songs from the album, but Tears ranks as one of my all time favorite tracks from them.

I'd actually forgotten how much I liked that one. Sang it last night, and was reminded how damn King Crimsony it sounds with the Mellotron playing. Plus, Peart has said Michael Giles was an inspiration, so his playing (and even the drum mix) certainly fits the vibe.

Still amazed how I was able to sing my way through all these tracks from memory after not hearing them for years: I guess I'd previously listened to them so damn much that they'll never completely go away! ;)

One of those classic RB stories, I suppose: "Game Reignites Old Love of Band"

How was that trip to the hospital for snapped vocal chords? :D Dat register.

Hah! :) Actually, during this period I can mostly stick to singing an octave lower without having to switch around too much (as I need to with later stuff when Geddy himself drops a bit).

An exception here is probably "Something for Nothing", which loses its edge when sung below the original register! ;) (Sadly, I can't belt it out authentically, and have to switch to legato.)

Distinctly remember listening to this album, particularly this side, on vinyl on my dad's hi-fi system, sitting on the floor in the corner by the stacks with the headphones on. This whispers in "Twilight Zone" were creepy. :aaa:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...