TomGuy's Full Band Customs & Converts - 10/15/17 (Song Updates and a 3 Pack of Emo Songs)

full band converts guitar hero jimmy eat world

• Please log in to reply
185 replies to this topic

#1 TomGuy

TomGuy
  • 320 posts

Posted April 25, 2015 - 01:03 PM

So after two years of lurking, I've finally decided to add some songs to the customs universe.

I've been a Rock Band enthusiast for quite a number of years and didn't know about customs until official DLC stopped back in 2013. I've really been hooked on this site for a long time and I've been so happy with the amount and diversity of songs that have been added officially through C3 and the Other Customs forums. I hope to be a regular contributor.

I'm not a musician so most of my charts are what I've found through MIDIs and I try to play by ear what didn't sound right and adjust it so these may not be perfect. All of my songs will include all legacy instruments and will be available on ALL DIFFICULTIES. I'm not familiar enough with keys to chart them nor am I good enough to include harmonies.  If anyone wants to add them in to the songs I have done, send me a message.  I'm still working on how to properly do animations and venue cameras so until I know how to do it right, it's all been run through CAT.

My taste in music is pretty much 90s rock through today, with a lot of alternative rock, indie rock, emo, pop-punk, and other genres like that and my customs are going to reflect that for the most part.

Hope you all enjoy the songs. Any feedback on anything would be greatly appreciated.

#2 RedVIII

RedVIII
  • 66 posts

Posted April 25, 2015 - 01:05 PM

Yes! More SSPU is always appreciated! :) Will check this out later.

#3 Farottone

Farottone

The Lean Mean Customs Charting Machine

• Administrator
  • 6,167 posts

Posted April 25, 2015 - 01:06 PM

Hi and welcome to the other side of customs. :) Can you post RPP+audio so we can take a peak?

#4 TomGuy

TomGuy
  • 320 posts

Posted April 25, 2015 - 01:16 PM

Hi and welcome to the other side of customs. :) Can you post RPP+audio so we can take a peak?

Absolutely!

And since I'm still pretty new at this, I don't know if I included the right files, ha ha. Let me know if I need to send anything else.

RPP: http://www.mediafire... ... REAPER.RPP
MP3: http://www.mediafire... ... aryMP3.mp3

RPP+Audio: https://www.mediafir...j9h6i4onewts6vj

Should I make the RPP and audio files available with my CON when I post?

And thanks for looking at it!

#5 TheOreo

TheOreo
  • 309 posts

Posted April 26, 2015 - 02:21 AM

Awesome! Love any more SSPU we can get. That reminds me that there's an incomplete version of "The Pit" out there somewhere I hope somebody completes one day.

#6 TheOreo

TheOreo
  • 309 posts

Posted April 26, 2015 - 02:41 AM

Couple notes after a run through on drums - cut your fill lane lengths in half, they're definitely too long for RB standard. I mean, a lot of fun! But they're about double the length of ones in a normal RB song. Also I feel you went a bit crazy with the Yellow/Green combination crashes - I'd simplify a few of them (not all) down to just Greens. Great to have this track ingame!

#7 TomGuy

TomGuy
  • 320 posts

Posted April 26, 2015 - 03:52 AM

Thanks for the critique! I'll definitely be fixing that up.

#8 TomGuy

TomGuy
  • 320 posts

Posted April 26, 2015 - 02:49 PM

Couple notes after a run through on drums - cut your fill lane lengths in half, they're definitely too long for RB standard. I mean, a lot of fun! But they're about double the length of ones in a normal RB song. Also I feel you went a bit crazy with the Yellow/Green combination crashes - I'd simplify a few of them (not all) down to just Greens. Great to have this track ingame!

Thanks for this, btw. I think I fixed the Y+G cymbal hits where it didn't flow right and reduced the drum fills. Thanks for the heads up!

#9 brandnewfan

brandnewfan
  • 4 posts

Posted April 26, 2015 - 04:20 PM

Thanks for the SSPU custom, great song

#10 Farottone

Farottone

The Lean Mean Customs Charting Machine

• Administrator
  • 6,167 posts

Posted April 26, 2015 - 04:42 PM

The MP3 got blocked by Mediafire.

#11 TomGuy

TomGuy
  • 320 posts

Posted April 26, 2015 - 04:47 PM

The MP3 got blocked by Mediafire.

I think the problem is solved now.

I'm re-uploading everything into a .rar file. Should be fine now. Also, I forgot to add the DRYVOX file before, now it's included. It's just me singing terribly.

https://www.mediafir...j9h6i4onewts6vj

#12 C16

C16
  • 353 posts

Posted April 28, 2015 - 03:06 AM

Awesome, I love Silversun Pickups!

#13 TomGuy

TomGuy
  • 320 posts

Posted May 2, 2015 - 02:19 PM

NEW SONG!

Posted Image
http://www.mediafire... ... ino_rb3con
RPP+Audio: http://www.mediafire... ... inoRPP.rar

#14 questionmark

questionmark
  • 548 posts

Posted May 2, 2015 - 07:15 PM

Whaaat, more Jimmy Eat World?! Didn't expect to get that - frankly, I felt a big spoiled after HMX gave us the 7 songs we got.

Thanks, great song choice. Any plans for more? It'd be great to get Praise Chorus, for example.

#15 naginalJJ

naginalJJ
  • 767 posts

Posted May 2, 2015 - 10:31 PM

In your OP, you have the RPP+Audio link for both links for the SSP song

#16 TomGuy

TomGuy
  • 320 posts

Posted May 3, 2015 - 03:52 AM

Whaaat, more Jimmy Eat World?! Didn't expect to get that - frankly, I felt a big spoiled after HMX gave us the 7 songs we got.

Thanks, great song choice. Any plans for more? It'd be great to get Praise Chorus, for example.

Jimmy Eat World is my favorite band evar. I too thought we were spoiled getting 7 Jimmy Eat World songs. There will be more of them coming hopefully soon.

#17 TomGuy

TomGuy
  • 320 posts

Posted May 3, 2015 - 03:52 AM

In your OP, you have the RPP+Audio link for both links for the SSP song

Thanks for the heads up, it's been fixed.

#18 TomGuy

TomGuy
  • 320 posts

Posted August 1, 2015 - 01:39 PM

NEW SONG

The Gaslight Anthem - 45
Posted Image
CON
RPP+Audio

So I'm starting something a little fun. Over the course of the next 14 days (hopefully), I'll be releasing a new FB custom every day. Some of these songs have been in development for a few weeks and now they're finally going to see the light of day (and keep me relevant for 2 weeks).

I'd like to start off my releases from a band who hasn't been made available for RB3, the Gaslight Anthem. I really enjoy these guys. If you haven't listened to them, I recommend it, especially if you like Springsteen since that comparison between the two is made on the reg.

45 is one of the band's most well known songs, you may have heard it on alt. radio back in 2012. All instruments are pretty fun, even bass isn't terrible!

I hope you all enjoy this. Let me know what you like or didn't like, or if there's any issues. Enjoy!

#19 Anchor Rancor

Anchor Rancor
  • 50 posts

Posted August 1, 2015 - 03:17 PM

NEW SONG

The Gaslight Anthem - 45
Posted Image!

A perfect start to your two week marathon. Can't wait to see what else you pull off.

#20 questionmark

questionmark
  • 548 posts

Posted August 1, 2015 - 05:11 PM

Gaslight Anthem is great! Can't wait to see what else you have!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: full band, converts, guitar hero, jimmy eat world

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users