Drihscol's Full Band Customs W/Pro Guitar - Genesis - Horizons, Alice in Chains - Them Bones

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#21 Drihscol

Drihscol
  • 166 posts

Posted May 22, 2015 - 12:52 PM

2 Mac DeMarco tracks are out today!

More Ween will be coming soon.

#22 TheOreo

TheOreo
  • 309 posts

Posted May 22, 2015 - 07:54 PM

Love Mac! Thank you so much for those two songs! Can't wait to give them a whirl.

#23 mcgg38

mcgg38
  • 23 posts

Posted May 22, 2015 - 11:16 PM

It's so cool to see there's someone who likes and works on tracks by Ween and Mac DeMarco!! Very much appreciated, thank you man!

#24 Drihscol

Drihscol
  • 166 posts

Posted May 26, 2015 - 10:18 AM

Another Ween song is up! Might give Ween a rest for a little while, I might do a something that's more technically challenging next.

#25 Phildopip

Phildopip
  • 13 posts

Posted May 26, 2015 - 02:19 PM

I'm loving your choice of songs, Drihscol. Great charts.

#26 mcgg38

mcgg38
  • 23 posts

Posted May 26, 2015 - 04:41 PM

One more from Ween, nice! Might I suggest Roses are Free or Push Th' Little Daisies for whenever you resume Ween songs? :D

#27 StaggerLee

StaggerLee
  • 2 posts

Posted May 30, 2015 - 01:06 AM

I understand you authored a custom of 'Halo or Ashes'. Any chance of re-uploading it? All links I've found are dead. RB certainly needs more Screaming Trees.

Desert Sessions/ early-Mark Lanegan Band period would also be a winner if you're looking to make further customs in this vain that combine the awesome power of the Deaner and Langean.

#28 Drihscol

Drihscol
  • 166 posts

Posted May 30, 2015 - 03:00 AM

I've actually lost the .cons for the customs I released through C3, but I'll probably be re-releasing them on this thread at some point soon.
I didn't know that Lanegan did anything with Deaner! That's awesome! I've only listened to Bubblegum a few times and nothing really grabbed me to be honest, but that might change if I listen to it a few more times.

As far as more from Lanegan, the only earlier songs I'm thinking about are from Sweet Oblivion. I've only heard vol 1 and 2 of the Desert Sessions, I might download some more later but it's definitely not on my mind currently.
Most of my favourite Lanegan songs are from Dust, and what he's done with Isobel Campbel, Mad Season and QOTSA, so we might be seeing something from them with Mark at some point :D

#29 Phildopip

Phildopip
  • 13 posts

Posted May 30, 2015 - 10:39 PM

Mad Season

I would pretty much kill to have "River of Deceit" and/or "November Hotel" in Rock Band.

#30 staxothala

staxothala
  • 10 posts

Posted June 4, 2015 - 01:40 PM

@Drihscol

Hey dude! I played your Ocean Man .con yesterday on expert pro guitar and I was wondering if a certain chord was correct?

The chord that goes X 9 12 11 X X, to me, sounds off when i played it on my guitar. Like there could be a better voicing of what is intended to be played there. I don't wanna change anything if that's like how Deaner plays it. It's just something I questioned.

Thanks!

#31 Drihscol

Drihscol
  • 166 posts

Posted June 4, 2015 - 02:09 PM

Well the original part is actually on a mandolin, so the guitar chords are just something I came up with. That chord is supposed to be a X 9 13 11 X X chord, which isn't exactly what the mandolin part sounds like, it has all the notes, they're just not all in the right octaves haha. Just checked my .RPP, it's authored there as a X 9 13 11 X X chord, I think you might have misread the chord in game. :P
Try playing it again with chord numbering on.

Unless you're talking about the X 12 9 11 X X chord?

#32 Tacodude

Tacodude
  • 3 posts

Posted June 4, 2015 - 08:18 PM

More mac coming soon? Let Her Go would be really fun

#33 staxothala

staxothala
  • 10 posts

Posted June 4, 2015 - 09:44 PM

Well the original part is actually on a mandolin, so the guitar chords are just something I came up with. That chord is supposed to be a X 9 13 11 X X chord, which isn't exactly what the mandolin part sounds like, it has all the notes, they're just not all in the right octaves haha. Just checked my .RPP, it's authored there as a X 9 13 11 X X chord, I think you might have misread the chord in game. :P
Try playing it again with chord numbering on.

Unless you're talking about the X 12 9 11 X X chord?

Interesting! I was playing it last night and kept my combo through that part, playing X 9 12 11 X X!
I wonder if this is a game engine mistake or the notes in game do what I was playing?
I'll have to replay it tonight and try a X 9 13 11 X X to see!

#34 Drihscol

Drihscol
  • 166 posts

Posted June 4, 2015 - 11:55 PM

The engine can be a little lax sometimes when it comes to exact fingering. :)
As far as more Mac, I'd like to do more, and I probably will, but it's not something I'll do in the next few weeks/months

#35 mcgg38

mcgg38
  • 23 posts

Posted June 5, 2015 - 02:25 AM

Yeah, more Mac would be simply great :D

#36 mcgg38

mcgg38
  • 23 posts

Posted September 25, 2015 - 09:51 PM

I wanted to personally thank you for this week's C3 release. It was really nice to some more Mac (from the new album!), Ween and a rare but great Radiohead B-side. Thank you, always looking forward for your customs :dance:

#37 Drihscol

Drihscol
  • 166 posts

Posted September 26, 2015 - 05:18 AM

Thanks! It's always awesome to know that people are enjoying these tracks.
Putting out 8 tracks was pretty tiring, but worth it :P

I tried to choose songs that were interesting and fun to play on all instruments (not counting push th' little daisies drum track) so give 'em all a go!

#38 rcale

rcale
  • 430 posts

Posted September 28, 2015 - 09:36 PM

Excuse the dumb question but if I dl these will the tracks marked as pro guitar / pro bass etc work on 'standard' guitar and bass as well?

Thanks for the great tracks by the way. Mad Season talk is exciting!

#39 Drihscol

Drihscol
  • 166 posts

Posted September 29, 2015 - 03:11 AM

Yes, all tracks definitely have 5 lane guitar and bass, with all difficulties :)

#40 Drihscol

Drihscol
  • 166 posts

Posted October 5, 2015 - 05:03 AM

New track up today!
Undertale is an amazing game, and the soundtrack is brilliant, if you love VGM, pick it up!
If you want to see the game, Barry and Ross are currently playing it on Steam Train.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users