67 replies to this topic

#21 espher

espher

Harmonies Hacker

• Administrator
  • 1,899 posts

Posted March 31, 2015 - 01:49 PM

wow

It's kind of a dickish comment, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he didn't articulate his thoughts clearly. Unless there's some mysterious string-pulling that I'm just not privy to as one of the string-pullers.

C3 Author/Admin, Project Lead for the Rock Band: Harmonies Project

#22 FujiSkunk

FujiSkunk
  • 581 posts

Posted March 31, 2015 - 01:52 PM

Unless there's some mysterious string-pulling that I'm just not privy to as one of the string-pullers.

I have a theory...

:c00l:

...a string theory.

(yeeeeeeaaahhh!!!)

#23 Thomas O'Malley

Thomas O'Malley
  • 78 posts

Posted March 31, 2015 - 02:20 PM

So i just registered to leave my 2 cents... I appreciate all the hard work that goes into all of this form the people here at C3 and Harmonix themselves. I've been with the plastic rock since day one of Guitar Hero and Rock Band is my favorite game. The sad thing is I'm always late to the party nowadays. I first got online for PS3 a few months before they stopped doing weekly DLC and now I'm just getting into customs and now thats going to stop too. But I'm left with a lot of content to go through so thats a good thing.

#24 espher

espher

Harmonies Hacker

• Administrator
  • 1,899 posts

Posted March 31, 2015 - 02:21 PM

[...] and now I'm just getting into customs and now thats going to stop too. But I'm left with a lot of content to go through so thats a good thing.

Just to clarify, since there seems to be confusion or at least ambiguity on this topic based on several posts in this thread -- nobody is saying customs are going to stop. :)

#25 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 4,638 posts

Posted March 31, 2015 - 02:24 PM

Of course not. You don't have a monopoly you know. There will always be the dedicated charters like Tails4Eva. He should change his username to Customs4Eva because you know, he's dedicated and will make customs for ever :haw:

#26 Farottone

Farottone

The Lean Mean Customs Charting Machine

• Administrator
  • 5,713 posts

Posted March 31, 2015 - 02:34 PM

As I said, we are also currently working on something that should be very good for customs authors everywhere, so when we say that weekly releases are going to stop we mean C3 weekly releases.

#27 mcatrn

mcatrn
  • 277 posts

Posted March 31, 2015 - 03:55 PM

You guys don't owe us anything. I can't possibly express how grateful I am for what you've done so far, and I'm sure I speak for the rest of our group as well.

This is probably the classiest way you could have handled the situation; congratulations on being an amazingly talented group of programmers/musicians/enthusiasts and upholding solid values and respecting those that gave us the game in the first place.

You Rock! (GH Pun TOTALLY intended)

What he said.

Sad to see that C3 will be going on a "vacation", but very happy for all the great songs that have been added to my RB library and excited to see what Harmonix has in store for us later this year. :)

Hopefully, this will not be "The End", but just a bit of a break. I look forward to seeing what C3 has planned before RB4 comes out! :)

These posts sum up my feelings completely. I'm grateful. I'm sad. I'm excited.

#28 titiln

titiln

GHtoRB3 Project

• 64 posts

Posted March 31, 2015 - 05:49 PM

i've been involved in creation communities for other things for years and i can't even imagine someone starting a "hey we're probably going to stop" thread only for someone else to come up saying "well i'll KEEP MAKING THINGS!! look at MY THREAD! YOU DONT HAVE A MONOPOLY ON THESE THINGS YOU KNOW"

absolutely disgusting

#29 b4mv

b4mv
  • 258 posts

Posted March 31, 2015 - 06:37 PM

lol tails4eva

Anyway, Can't say I didn't see this happening when the announcement came. It's okay though. For me, I'll be moving on to Rockband 4 with my XboxOne. I'm not even really concerned with stuff moving forward, I'm really just looking for a new game to play.

I'm gonna be keeping my 360 for use with Rockband 3 and customs, so whatever gets released, I'll happily check out there as well.

Big, BIG thanks to C3 for all of these awesome songs you've brought us :]

#30 SatansBestBuddy

SatansBestBuddy
  • 5 posts

Posted April 1, 2015 - 03:55 AM

Chiming in with the chorus to say you guys are awesome for keeping up with this for so long. You guys have delivered some real special memories. Hey, remember when you basically made an entire game's worth of songs for just one band? Good times, good times...

Over/under on Rock Band Harmonies being finished before RB4 comes out?

#31 Tekno

Tekno
  • 239 posts

Posted April 1, 2015 - 09:02 AM

Sorry to hear the news, but totally understandable. It was great whilst it last, like I said I came here when DLC finished, I will go back to official DLC once it is back but I will always have my 360 for the customs.

Also comment regarding their customs, whilst I hope it came off worse than intended. I appreciate every single custom maker here C3 or not, I know how much hard work it takes, especially vocals....lord I hate vocals.

Thing is, I will only download full bands with all difficulties, so with C3 going my customs will drop considerably as there are only a few authors who do FB all difficulties.

But ladies and gentleman, we have Rock Band 4 and that's a good thing!

"The artist formally known as Mr Wally"

#32 Farottone

Farottone

The Lean Mean Customs Charting Machine

• Administrator
  • 5,713 posts

Posted April 1, 2015 - 09:07 AM

Espher reenacted the Young Frankenstein scene where Gene Wilder asks to be closed in the room with the monster and not be let out whatever he says until RBHP is finished. Since then he's been pleading to get out but according to his wishes we have completely ignored him.

#33 espher

espher

Harmonies Hacker

• Administrator
  • 1,899 posts

Posted April 1, 2015 - 11:24 AM

It's a sure thing.

So bet against it, but make sure to make the bet with me.

#34 Ultimate_MANG0

Ultimate_MANG0
  • 717 posts

Posted April 1, 2015 - 11:37 AM

It seems like everytime I get into something, I'm always near the end. I finally get rockband 3, DLC stops comming out about a month later. It wasn't until a few months or so I found this site, and fell in love. New songs that Harmonix wouldn't release PLUS tools and support to make my own? Sign me up! I've only just started putting stuff up to share and now it's going to slow down here. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy that Harmonix is comming back and I will be supporting them, but I will be missing the things that you guys bring out every week. Either way I ill be checking back here every week, grabbing everything that comes out and continue to make my own customs :)

kFntCK9.jpg

#35 GracieBlue19

GracieBlue19
  • 13 posts

Posted April 1, 2015 - 02:46 PM

That's a mighty shame, though understandable. Hopefully you'll be able to release the occasional pack of stuff Harmonix either can't or won't do, and then make a return when they stop doing dlc again.

As I said, we are also currently working on something that should be very good for customs authors everywhere, so when we say that weekly releases are going to stop we mean C3 weekly releases.

This about sums up my feelings and thoughts on this announcement. While it makes me sad, a huge thank you from all of us that neither have the time or skill to do what you all do for us. Thank you so much and I know this is not "the end".

#36 chexmixho

chexmixho
  • 664 posts

Posted April 1, 2015 - 03:38 PM

Thing is, I will only download full bands with all difficulties, so with C3 going my customs will drop considerably as there are only a few authors who do FB all difficulties.

This x 1000. That is one thing I loved about C3 and what drew me to their website every week to check out their releases. The quality just can't be beat!

#37 tails4eva

tails4eva
  • 800 posts

Posted April 1, 2015 - 03:56 PM

yeah i think i worded that wrong, i appologise im not too good with words,
but YES i know that c3 authors are dedicated and amazing people, what i was trying to say was "i will as many will continue to make customs" i wasnt saying that c3 authors etc were not dedicated, im really not good with words/writing, anyways i didnt mean any offence, but what i ment about the monopoly thingy, is that people assume that C3 is the only place to go for rockband custom content, when frets on fire/ Xbox360iso / FrenchOnFire do this too as well as a few others, there will always be rockband custom dlc.

just saying im not hating on the amazing community i posted that message at 6:30am :) not good time, and noted. anyways enjoy your april fools and lets enjoy what we have coming for c3 rockband customs in the future.

#38 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 4,638 posts

Posted April 1, 2015 - 04:01 PM

Xbox360iso

Is anyone really left on there at this point?

FrenchOnFire

This sounds hilarious and not at all like it's related to Rock Band or music gaming at all. :haw:

#39 MrKnifeGuy

MrKnifeGuy
  • 232 posts

Posted April 1, 2015 - 04:34 PM

Round of applause for our C3 team. *Clappers* You all are so awesome and I speak for myself when I say that I truly appreciate all of the hard work and time and sacrifice you have put into weekly customs. Thanks also goes out to those that post their random customs in the "Other" section. I could never do it, so thank you for doing it for me! :)

#40 Colonel 32dll

Colonel 32dll
  • 718 posts

Posted April 1, 2015 - 04:37 PM

FrenchOnFire

So this then? :v:
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users