311: Rock Band (12/04/15: "8:16 AM", "Color") [16+ songs]

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#21 BobQuentok

BobQuentok
  • 175 posts

Posted March 29, 2015 - 02:27 PM

Enjoy "Come Original", "Don't Tread on Me" and "Champagne"! :D

Be sure to redownload "Boom Shanka" and "Existential Hero" as I made some fixes (I added some bass drum notes!).

Oh, I also added a "SOLO!" indicator to visualizer images, so you'll see if a song has a guitar/bass/drum solo!

New releases!

Updated previous releases

Posted Image

[My other customs: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1975]

#22 poeskino

poeskino
  • 12 posts

Posted March 29, 2015 - 02:45 PM

Just from the new previews im loving the hi hats and snare hits for come original. Looks pretty challenging yet fun. Youre the man bob!

#23 poeskino

poeskino
  • 12 posts

Posted March 29, 2015 - 04:59 PM

Just played the new songs on drums and i must say, you out did yourself with these! I cant tell you how fun they were!!! My brother made me play dont tread on me like 6 times and its better with each replay!!! I said it once and ill say it again, this is my version of rockband 4!!! Thank you bob, thanks c3 and everyone involved with keeping rockband alive

#24 BobQuentok

BobQuentok
  • 175 posts

Posted March 29, 2015 - 05:17 PM

Just played the new songs on drums and i must say, you out did yourself with these! I cant tell you how fun they were!!! My brother made me play dont tread on me like 6 times and its better with each replay!!! I said it once and ill say it again, this is my version of rockband 4!!! Thank you bob, thanks c3 and everyone involved with keeping rockband alive

Thanks man, that keeps me motivated! Nice to hear you have fun with these!
I was unsure whether I should chart those soft snares Chad uses a lot or not (e.g. in "Come Original" or "Don't Tread on Me", since they are sometimes hard to hear (I am sure I still overlooked some of them).

311 is so much fun on Rock Band, even the slowest songs have awesome guitar, bass and drum charts. Sadly we are not able to carry the customs over to RB4, but only "Beautiful Disaster" (one of my all time favorites!), "Down" and "Amber"… :D
Posted Image

#25 naginalJJ

naginalJJ
  • 901 posts

Posted March 29, 2015 - 10:40 PM

Quick question, are Boom Shanka and Existential Hero not supposed to have bass or will that be coming in a future update?

#26 poeskino

poeskino
  • 12 posts

Posted March 30, 2015 - 12:56 PM

I love the soft notes for drums. I know he does a lot of them. I dont have a next gen console yet but im sure i will when rb4 comes out but i would never be able to stop playing xbox 360 simply because of all the customs i have. Im sure rb4 will be cool but with customs im playing the songs that i love! You and the c3 database have given me so much of the music i enjoy on a regukar basis. How could i ever stop playing customs?! Haha

#27 BobQuentok

BobQuentok
  • 175 posts

Posted March 31, 2015 - 03:28 PM

Quick question, are Boom Shanka and Existential Hero not supposed to have bass or will that be coming in a future update?

Good question!

My headphones are broken and Bass is really hard to chart by ear with my built-in speakers. Unfortunately I haven't found any Bass tabs for those two songs, too. :/
I'll add Bass in the future!
Posted Image

#28 John-311

John-311
  • 12 posts

Posted April 11, 2015 - 07:30 AM

I finally got a chance to try all of the customs on guitar today and they're really fun! It was actually the guitar chart played on keyboard but same idea. I noticed you took last week off but I'm hoping you post some more this Sunday. I'm planning to have a 311 RB party with some 311 fan friends in a couple weeks. Also, I was hoping my friend Alex was going to show me how to chart vocals but the good/bad news is I just got a new job so I don't know how much time I'll have to chart. I'll keep asking Alex to do more vocals though.

#29 BobQuentok

BobQuentok
  • 175 posts

Posted April 11, 2015 - 07:38 AM

I finally got a chance to try all of the customs on guitar today and they're really fun! It was actually the guitar chart played on keyboard but same idea. I noticed you took last week off but I'm hoping you post some more this Sunday. I'm planning to have a 311 RB party with some 311 fan friends in a couple weeks. Also, I was hoping my friend Alex was going to show me how to chart vocals but the good/bad news is I just got a new job so I don't know how much time I'll have to chart. I'll keep asking Alex to do more vocals though.

Thanks!

I'm still sick, but I have at least two songs ready for tomorrow.
Posted Image

#30 BobQuentok

BobQuentok
  • 175 posts

Posted April 12, 2015 - 07:40 PM

Hey guys,

today you will get two not so widely known songs 8:16 AM, which is (with "Beautiful Disaster") my favorite 311 song – drummers should definitely check it out (as every other 311 song too)! It has also a really relaxing bass line.

The other song is an short instrumental one called Color which can be played between heavy songs (as DenVaktare's Tool customs) to relax.

As usual, check the video previews for songs you may not know by name. Most 311 songs are a blast on drums and really fun on guitar and bass!

New releases!

Posted Image

#31 John-311

John-311
  • 12 posts

Posted April 12, 2015 - 08:10 PM

Awesome. I'll play them this afternoon, along with the rest on bass. Thank you!

#32 poeskino

poeskino
  • 12 posts

Posted April 12, 2015 - 08:16 PM

Love 8:16 am and color! Between daredevil, GOT, and new 311, this is a great sunday! Thanks bob

#33 indiehippie1987

indiehippie1987
  • 6 posts

Posted April 15, 2015 - 06:52 AM

these songs are absolutely awesome, ive loved 311 since the mid 90's. if your taking 311 requests i love five of everything, speak easy, sunset in july, and trouble. Great job on the songs man

#34 BobQuentok

BobQuentok
  • 175 posts

Posted April 15, 2015 - 01:31 PM

Awesome. I'll play them this afternoon, along with the rest on bass. Thank you!

Love 8:16 am and color! Between daredevil, GOT, and new 311, this is a great sunday! Thanks bob

Thanks for the kind words, you two are awesome! :)

these songs are absolutely awesome, ive loved 311 since the mid 90's. if your taking 311 requests i love five of everything, speak easy, sunset in july, and trouble. Great job on the songs man

Thanks! :D
You'll definitely get "Five of Everything" (actually the entire "Stereolithic" album (minus "Bonus Track", haha)), "Sunset in July" and "Trouble".
I have no plans for "Speak Easy", but I will look into it!

May I ask on what instrument(s) you play?
Posted Image

#35 MiltoniusPrime

MiltoniusPrime
  • 537 posts

Posted April 15, 2015 - 07:39 PM

If you'd like, I can do a BPM map/vox for "I'll Be Here Awhile". Would love to play that one.

(Update -- Have done BPM/working on vox for it, could also do "You Wouldn't Believe", same deal.)

#36 naginalJJ

naginalJJ
  • 901 posts

Posted April 15, 2015 - 08:04 PM

Will you be doing Creatures (For A While)?

#37 indiehippie1987

indiehippie1987
  • 6 posts

Posted April 16, 2015 - 05:21 AM

i mostly play on guitar.

#38 5fingerfister

5fingerfister
  • 14 posts

Posted April 18, 2015 - 03:48 AM

Freaking awesome man!!! I'm looking forward to jamming many 311 tunes!!!

#39 poeskino

poeskino
  • 12 posts

Posted April 19, 2015 - 07:41 PM

8:16 am is pretty hard for the snare rolls in the chorus but im getting it down the more i play it. Ive been having a good time with my friends who also love 311. I hope you release a few more today lol thanks!

#40 BobQuentok

BobQuentok
  • 175 posts

Posted April 20, 2015 - 03:35 AM

If you'd like, I can do a BPM map/vox for "I'll Be Here Awhile". Would love to play that one.

(Update -- Have done BPM/working on vox for it, could also do "You Wouldn't Believe", same deal.)

You're the man! Send me the files and they will be part of the next release <3

Will you be doing Creatures (For A While)?

Will be part of the next release :D

i mostly play on guitar.

I love the guitar play of miT! It's such an unique sound.

Freaking awesome man!!! I'm looking forward to jamming many 311 tunes!!!

Thanks man, me too :P

8:16 am is pretty hard for the snare rolls in the chorus but im getting it down the more i play it. Ive been having a good time with my friends who also love 311. I hope you release a few more today lol thanks!

Yeah, I noticed that too. I'm unsure whether I should reduce those snares...
Sorry, I will try to have a release next Sunday.

I was working on a 4/20 pack but I haven't finished it yet. Well... ^^
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users