Megasurvey: how do YOU feel about Rock Band 4?

• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

#21 k-mac

k-mac
  • 198 posts

Posted March 6, 2015 - 04:25 PM

Looks like I'm going to have to buy an Xbox One now. I assume that the game will be encoded to not allow customs, which would suck, but I don't mind having to switch discs/systems to play my customs. I just hope that C3 will continue to release new content each week! Especially since you release so much stuff that Harmonix would never be able to release. If there is a way to somehow convert customs to work in RB4, I would be the happiest guy ever. It's hard to know exactly how to feel about RB4 until more info is released, and it will suck if we can't play our customs on it, but we'll just have to see what the future holds!

#22 PRIME

PRIME
  • 19 posts

Posted March 6, 2015 - 04:33 PM

It doesn't - I play on the wii, they don't support it any more.

So C3 for me all the way !

Well said! :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited:

#23 VOC Sonder NL

VOC Sonder NL
  • 140 posts

Posted March 6, 2015 - 04:51 PM

I have a xbox one and a 360.
I kept my 360 in my gameroom only for playing custom songs from C3, together with my girlfriend.
Lately got some friends who visit me and always say "we want to play rockband!!!"

I cannot tell you how much C3 means to me. When Harmonix stopped I was sad, but when you guys would stop, I would miss it terribly!!
Keep on the great work!

I will buy rockband 4 and every good song they will launch with dlc, even if there is already a custom, but my heart is with C3

#24 moc_os

moc_os
  • 44 posts

Posted March 6, 2015 - 04:59 PM

i only have a wii u. i have a kid and nintendo has our favorite IPs that we play together. i have bought over 500 songs on rb3 and feel like harmonix has abandoned me and will not be jumping to a new console for rb4.

#25 Kemiroch

Kemiroch
  • 654 posts

Posted March 6, 2015 - 05:26 PM

Looks like B is running away with it.

Also, jloboc, your drum set looks like a happy 4 eyed muppet.

Check out Kem's Customs! Featuring The Sounds, The Donnas, George Thorogood, and The Rolling Stones.

WIPs.

#26 Hetz

Hetz

Beacon of Positivity

• 759 posts

Posted March 6, 2015 - 05:55 PM

The omission of keys will ending up being huge if they really end up sticking to it. Whoever made that decision should get thrown out on the curb. I will definitely keep playing 360 as well, even for if just that reason alone. Keep up the great work!

I feel the same way! I feel that is a huge mistake, since that leaves out a ton of artists and/or songs that have keys as a large part of the band/song (ie. Genesis, Elton John, Billy Joel, more Beatles, etc....). At least that should make it easier for C3 to continue, since in theory you could just stick to songs and or artists that have keys and know that Harmonix would not be releasing them as DLC anytime soon. That is my hope anyway! :)

#27 Slinky Suits

Slinky Suits
  • 24 posts

Posted March 6, 2015 - 06:06 PM

Hell, unless they decide to release Meat Loaf's Bat Out of Hell I & II in their entirety in RB4 (which I believe is actually impossible due to the masters being destroyed or otherwise unavailable), I have plenty of good reasons to have both and use both regularly.

You guys have released stuff that I'm almost sure that Harmonix never will, like Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin, along with tons of other awesome tracks that I just don't see being covered in official Rock Band content and I'm assuming that is going to be a trend that continues (this week's customs are awesome!).

On a side note that's slightly related, has Harmonix said anything about vocal harmonies returning? I'm praying they don't take them away - from my perspective it doesn't make sense that they would, since they're already doing vocals, but then again I've never charted a song. They claim they're going "back to their roots" which does not exactly include harmonies, and, well...Rock Band 4 will have a hard time competing with my Rock Band 3 play time if that is the case, even if I primarily play guitar.

#28 Farottone

Farottone

The Lean Mean Customs Charting Machine

• Administrator
  • 5,709 posts

Posted March 6, 2015 - 06:09 PM

On a side note that's slightly related, has Harmonix said anything about vocal harmonies returning?

They confirmed they're in.

#29 ShadowOfTheServer

ShadowOfTheServer
  • 172 posts

Posted March 6, 2015 - 06:10 PM

Even though a new Rock Band sounds exciting, I am one of those people who are bothered by the absence of keys. Details about the game are vague at this point but the next installment feels like a downgrade to me. Would I get it regardless? Yes maybe. I'll wait for more info about RB4. RB3 is currently the only reason why I use my 360.

Also, customs all the way. :dance:

SotS's Other Customs Thread - NEWEST RELEASE: Gorillaz - 5/4  CLICK HERE TO GO TO THREAD

#30 raynebc

raynebc
  • 217 posts

Posted March 6, 2015 - 06:12 PM

The lack of pro guitar, keys and customs (for the foreseeable future) in RB4 means RB3 will remain my favorite title in the franchise.

#31 MrPrezident

MrPrezident
  • 194 posts

Posted March 6, 2015 - 06:31 PM

Going to be quite a long time until I pack away the 360 and the unbelievable custom library that I've collected, thanks entirely to C3 and this community!

Canada 150 Pack #2 Coming March 2017            -= Customs =-    -= Discussion =-    -= vis theme =- 

#32 Gigakoops

Gigakoops

Resident Movie Nerd

• 1,072 posts

Posted March 6, 2015 - 06:58 PM

I don't have the budget to get a next-gen console, and even if I did, I'd much prefer to get either a PS4 or Wii U than an Xbox One. Because I currently have an Xbox 360, I wouldn't be able to transfer my DLC over to the PS4 version (for reasons I find rather obvious), so I don't think I'd even bother getting RB4 on PS4. The lack of keys and pro guitar/bass is also a turn-off for me, though I'd rather not get into a big ordeal over that, after yesterday on the RB forums.

That all said, I sure hope RB4 is good. With recent DLC being of rather poor quality in terms of charting and polish, it sort of scares me to think of how the next game will be. Hopefully the low quality in recent DLC is just a result of a different, smaller work force working on those than the main game.

#33 FujiSkunk

FujiSkunk
  • 581 posts

Posted March 6, 2015 - 09:30 PM

I wish I could pick two answers. I'm buying RB4 no matter what, even knowing I'll have to bite the bullet and finally get an XBox One. But I really want to see what C3 does going forward, too. My three main instruments are keys, drums and vocals. I'm very happy about what I see going forward with RB4 on two of those fronts, and very unhappy about the third.

#34 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 4,638 posts

Posted March 6, 2015 - 09:33 PM

Isn't that Choice 2 of the poll?

#35 III_Demon

III_Demon
  • 18 posts

Posted March 6, 2015 - 10:11 PM

the poll doesnt include "i'm disappointed that RB4 is a downgrade on new hardware, and dont plan on touching it."

i'd hoped for more progress toward a rocksmith level of legit instrument capability. full 2-handed keys? a hi hat? hell yeah, i'd be excited. but i'm seeing RB2 on systems i dont own, so...... nevermind.

#36 MaybeTowelie

MaybeTowelie
  • 99 posts

Posted March 6, 2015 - 10:27 PM

I will be buying an Xbone for RB4, but will keep my 360 hooked up to get my customs fix. I will do anything I can to support HMX, and my favorite game of all time, Rock Band. It irritates me to no end when I see someone here say they will not be buying RB4 because they have enough customs to play. If you are upset about no keys, no pro mode, or no WiiU, that's one thing, but to not buy RB4 because you have access to free custom songs should not be a valid reason.

#37 FujiSkunk

FujiSkunk
  • 581 posts

Posted March 6, 2015 - 10:39 PM

Isn't that Choice 2 of the poll?

Choice 2 seems to imply I care more about RB4 and less about C3. Choice 4 seems to imply I care more about C3 and less about RB4. At this point I care about both equally.

#38 Tekno

Tekno
  • 239 posts

Posted March 7, 2015 - 12:54 AM

Well I'm going to buy a Xbox One for RB4, I got a PS4 and its cheaper to buy an xbox than re-purchase my DLC, I will still have my xbox 360 for customs.

"The artist formally known as Mr Wally"

#39 Jusey1

Jusey1
  • 658 posts

Posted March 7, 2015 - 01:37 AM

Basically: I'm not wasting money on a new gen console, I'm planning to save up my money for a badass gaming PC. I'm sticking my Xbox 360 and Rock Band 3. That and customs! I love my customs.
~My Customs~
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1111

~My Custom Fixes and Upgrades~
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1569

#40 Alternity

Alternity
  • 421 posts

Posted March 7, 2015 - 04:41 AM

I will not buy RB4 unless Pro keys are confirmed, which seems so far very very very very unlikely.

I will be reliying on C3 stuff (and more) for my keys need, and Rocksmith for my guitar needs, and continue screw around RB3/PS pro guitar.

Looks like FFXV will be the core reason to buy a PS4.

Basically: I'm not wasting money on a new gen console, I'm planning to save up my money for a badass gaming PC.

I finally did that, and trust me, it worth the hell out of it. (FX9590, 16GB RAM, 2xGTX 760, 3 monitors, 2 SSD in RAID)

I'"m waiting for GTA V :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users