Megasurvey: how do YOU feel about Rock Band 4?

• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

#1 Farottone

Farottone

The Lean Mean Customs Charting Machine

• Administrator
  • 5,808 posts

Posted March 6, 2015 - 10:15 AM

So, Harmonix has announced a new Rock Band game is coming! How does this change YOUR rhythm gaming life?

#2 synchro217

synchro217
  • 5 posts

Posted March 6, 2015 - 10:35 AM

I will play both I bought all the guitar hero games a couple of years ago and still haven't got around to them.I have the one and 360 both plugged in and regularly switch between the consoles
It is always better to have more choice and I really appreciate all of c3's effort to keep the the brands effort fresh and interesting

#3 koit

koit
  • 86 posts

Posted March 6, 2015 - 11:39 AM

It doesn't - I play on the wii, they don't support it any more.

So C3 for me all the way !

#4 rockman666

rockman666
  • 26 posts

Posted March 6, 2015 - 11:41 AM

RB4 coming out after all these years is a great thing. I don't own an XboxOne yet and probably won't get PS4 for a VERY long time because I prefer Microsoft hardware. My jumping into RB4 quicker than expected will probably hinge on what the song list will be released on the disc and future plans for DLC and whether any of the current 360 instrument hardware will be compatible with it. Buying a new system is expensive enough but buying new instruments on top of that is not going to happen anytime soon. Until then, I'm happy playing the 100s of customs that C3 has provided for Xbox 360 :-)

#5 espher

espher

Harmonies Hacker

• Administrator
  • 1,900 posts

Posted March 6, 2015 - 11:42 AM

"C3, you've been kind to me but as soon as Rock Band 4 is out and new content is available, I'm gonna jump back on the official train!"

Yes, yes, I'm a member of the Rebel Alliance and a traitor. :v:

C3 Author/Admin, Project Lead for the Rock Band: Harmonies Project

#6 DarksoulNJ

DarksoulNJ
  • 97 posts

Posted March 6, 2015 - 11:56 AM

The omission of keys will ending up being huge if they really end up sticking to it. Whoever made that decision should get thrown out on the curb. I will definitely keep playing 360 as well, even for if just that reason alone. Keep up the great work!

#7 Kemiroch

Kemiroch
  • 660 posts

Posted March 6, 2015 - 12:16 PM

I voted E, which kind of depresses me. There was a time not too long ago that I would have jumped up and down screaming in excitement for RB4. But some of the things I've heard out of the HMX camp have made me wary about this release, plus the prospect of having to buy a new console just to play one game does not thrill me.

Most likely I will eventually move into camp B. I'm probably just being paranoid, and HMX will do a fine job on RB4. This time I will wait and see, though.

Check out Kem's Customs! Featuring The Sounds, The Donnas, George Thorogood, and The Rolling Stones.

WIPs.

#8 DMNBT

DMNBT
  • 46 posts

Posted March 6, 2015 - 12:55 PM

My PS4 is ready for the new content...and my 360 is still here for the customs!

#9 b4mv

b4mv
  • 260 posts

Posted March 6, 2015 - 01:05 PM

My 360 is here for customs and my Xbox One is getting my officials
LET GOOOO! :wth: :wth: :wth: :what:

#10 drummerockband

drummerockband

I Charted Tegan and Sara and All I Got Was This Crappy Title

• 756 posts

Posted March 6, 2015 - 01:12 PM

I'm gonna preorder the "Band in a Box" bundle for Xbox One when it becomes available. Even if old instruments work. I WANT new instruments!

#11 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 4,682 posts

Posted March 6, 2015 - 01:16 PM

Same here.

#12 questionmark

questionmark
  • 548 posts

Posted March 6, 2015 - 01:25 PM

I'm super conflicted. First, I don't yet own a current-gen console (well, Wii U...).

I'll inevitably get one, and will certainly buy RB4, but it's going to be hard to picture RB4 as a "full" RB experience when it lacks keys, many of my favorite customs, and to say nothing of the multiple songs that will never export due to licensing loss.

Anyway, my hope is that C3 keeps plugging away, focusing on the kind of music that will never likely see release in an RB game.

Frankly, it's hard to see HMX going back to the old days of 6-15 releases weekly. I have a feeling that going forward the release schedule will probably look more like Dance Central. But what so I know? After RB3 and RBB's soft reception, I figured they were unlikely to ever release another title again.

Still, I am excited about setlist speculation! That was always a fun game. Fingers crossed that there isn't TOO much customs overlap...

#13 RBPUK

RBPUK
  • 214 posts

Posted March 6, 2015 - 02:33 PM

I will definitely buy RB4, probably on the PS4 - I have 99% of official DLC on the PS3, but HMX are going to have to pull out all the stops to compete with C3.

I bought a Xbox 360 and all the kit to enjoy the incredible work C3 has done, so please keep going.

#14 realpersonirl

realpersonirl
  • 56 posts

Posted March 6, 2015 - 02:35 PM

Personally, I'll never quit customs, since I've always wanted to see lots of weird-ass esoteric bullshit in Rock Band that would never be in it otherwise, buuuuuuut I'm planning on investing in an Xbox One literally just because of Rock Band 4. :3
Forum signatures are so 2006
Check out my customs thread tho

#15 CrazyCanuck

CrazyCanuck
  • 389 posts

Posted March 6, 2015 - 03:16 PM

Looking forward to seeing what RB4 will bring but there is no way I am leaving our customs. Currently I am more excited about the new instruments.

#16 markmc

markmc
  • 47 posts

Posted March 6, 2015 - 03:19 PM

Got Xbox one as well as 360, 360 is still played much more than the one, I cant see this changing with Rock Band 4 either until the setlist in Rock Band 4 eclipses the customs 360 setlist (if ever) still very happy to get a new rock band game though.

#17 mcatrn

mcatrn
  • 281 posts

Posted March 6, 2015 - 03:22 PM

I will definitely buy RB4, probably on the PS4 - I have 99% of official DLC on the PS3, but HMX are going to have to pull out all the stops to compete with C3.

I bought a Xbox 360 and all the kit to enjoy the incredible work C3 has done, so please keep going.

See, I'm in the exact same boat, but I don't see this as a "competition" at all. I say it all the time, but I can't really express how much C3 has meant to me. I love music...listening to it, playing it, composing it, learning about new artists and genres, and I love sharing that experience with my friends and family. Being able to do that through Rock Band--and I got on the RB train very late--was a watershed moment for me. When weekly DLC stopped and my wife and I started becoming a little less enthused about playing the same songs every week, finding C3 was another watershed moment.

Now, the opportunity is coming along to enjoy a bunch of new songs and all of the DLC we purchased through a completely new medium...new instruments, new venues, new band career (we are The Knockouts in homage to my wife's boxing exploits). Presumably there will be new DLC every week from HMX and I know the dedicated folks here will find a way to eventually create and add customs to the library, too. C3 and the Rock Band franchise are not competitors, they're counterparts. Without Rock Band, there's no C3. Without C3, I likely would've moved on from Rock Band. And as long as both are driven by people who, like me, just love music, I don't see it as a choice between the two. I see it as a wave, an ebb and flow, dictated by the pace and quality of content generated by HMX while customs authors pick up the slack and fill in the gaps. One feeds off the other. Counterparts.

I guess that's a really long-winded way to say B.

#18 jloboc

jloboc
  • 223 posts

Posted March 6, 2015 - 03:32 PM

going back in time, this is pretty much the same scenario I phased back in 2007 when RB first came along. I had no console, my brother had an XBOX 360 and i ordered rock band for me to have a game to play when i visited him. it turns out i had to buy a 360 for me so that i could enjoy this great game. ever since i have purchased every game, including the spinoffs, LEGO, ACDC, GREENDAY, THE BEATLES and Blitz, plus tons of DLC. We already know we wont have the beatles available for RB4 plus it will take a miracle for some of the most wanted bands / songs to become available, due to lack of stems/legal issues? That means I don't find a reason why to abandon RB3 + customs.

Nevertheless, most likely I will purchase RB4, since learning yesterday, after sharing the news, that my brother has recently purchased an XBOX One, we'll see if the story repeats.

Saludos!

#19 Farottone

Farottone

The Lean Mean Customs Charting Machine

• Administrator
  • 5,808 posts

Posted March 6, 2015 - 03:56 PM

See, I'm in the exact same boat, but I don't see this as a "competition" at all.

You don't see it because it's not, never has been, never will be. ;)

#20 mmurray369

mmurray369
  • 6 posts

Posted March 6, 2015 - 04:04 PM

I think it's great in that the genre is still alive in the mainstream. (Although I have always thought it was a viable title that should be revived and released as much as say, Call of Duty is) Happy to finally use my XboxONE outside of TV viewing. Maybe my kids will use it, too.

The one thing I will not do is but more plastic. So done with that. After years of buying the next big thing from Antcommander, Madcatz, Logitech, docsrockbandmods (Gotta admit, I love Doc.) and a dozen other companies that pumped out the gear: I finally settled on Roland Drums, two Fender Pro wooden guitars and 3 real mic stands. My set-up cannot improve as far as I'm concerned.

That said; I pray to God they make new dongles that'll adapt to the new consoles.

Even if they don't; I know where I'll be every Friday at 10am no matter what. Because the last two years of my Rockband life has never been better. Long Live CCC.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users