mmurray369
  • 7 posts

Posted March 5, 2015 - 01:46 PM

... e=youtu.be

#2 Jimi369

Jimi369

• 377 posts

Posted March 5, 2015 - 01:55 PM

With compatibility for existing libraries (which would mean buying an Xbone for me I guess...) and the definitive end of official keys support, as if that wasn't already obvious from the latest dlc.
The blurb doesn't mention pro-guitar/bass though.
And does this mean we'll be able to buy an export for Rock Band 3 (and get Crosstown traffic for Rock Band Blitz*)?

*No, I don't see hell freezing over on short term. But thanks for asking.

w o r k                                                            w. i. p.                                                                   w a n t

C3U

#3 mmurray369

mmurray369
  • 7 posts

Posted March 5, 2015 - 01:58 PM

New instruments to buy? Count me out. They should make an adapter if they want to sooth the masses.

http://madcatz.com/rock-band-is-back/

#4 Saint Harri

Saint Harri
  • 22 posts

Posted March 5, 2015 - 01:59 PM

With compatibility for existing libraries (which would mean buying an Xbone for me I guess...) and the definitive end of official keys support, as if that wasn't already obvious from the latest dlc.
The blurb doesn't mention pro-guitar/bass though.
And does this mean we'll be able to buy an export for Rock Band 3 (and get Crosstown traffic for Rock Band Blitz*)?

*No, I don't see hell freezing over on short term. But thanks for asking.

"Q: What instruments will be playable? Wiill RB4 have Pro guitar and keys?
A: Rock Band 4 will focus on the core experience and the roots of the franchise – guitar, bass, drums, and vocals. There will be no Pro Guitar or key support in Rock Band 4. We will continue to support “Pro” mode for Drums."

http://forums.harmon... ... oming-2015

#5 TheOreo

TheOreo
  • 309 posts

Posted March 5, 2015 - 02:00 PM

SO EXCITING. Here's a GameInformer article with some more information. Looks like they're trying to work with MS and Sony to let you use last gen controllers which is an insane thing I don't think has ever really happened before.

http://www.gameinfor... ... ign=buffer

#6 Captainoffun22

Captainoffun22
  • 233 posts

Posted March 5, 2015 - 02:07 PM

No Pro Guitar Or Keyboard :( so much for it being better then Rocksmith with a real guitar, I was hoping that they would make something like the cable so anyone can play it.

#7 Nightmare Lyra

Nightmare Lyra

Ukulele Hero

• 1,957 posts

Posted March 5, 2015 - 02:08 PM

No Keys, possibly no RBN songs, even possibly no harmonies if they want to go back to "the core of RB1 and 2"... yeah no this is awful and I feel like quitting completely now

Rocksmith and Guitar Hero here I come... I guess... *sigh*

horror_movie_special fan club member

#8 Ditg

Ditg
  • 113 posts

Posted March 5, 2015 - 02:16 PM

The thought of Rockband 4 is enticing....until I look at the specifics.

I bought all DLC on Xbox360....and then bought a PS4. I highly doubt my Xbox purchases will transfer over and I have no intentions of buying the Xbox One just for this game.

I'm spoiled with all these customs...and I am sure they will not appear on the same group of "official" songs.

"Old" instruments may or may not work on this new game (why are they not also making this for last gen systems?)

As cool as this game may be, I will be sitting on the sidelines due to these concerns. Hopefully C3 doesn't fade away but if it does then I will be content with the offerings already provided for me by this community.

#9 espher

espher

Harmonies Hacker

• Administrator
  • 1,901 posts

Posted March 5, 2015 - 02:20 PM

IT'S HAPPENING

Posted Image

Releasing this year, though... I guess it's time to double-down and ramp up RBHP production.

C3 Author/Admin, Project Lead for the Rock Band: Harmonies Project

#10 realpersonirl

realpersonirl
  • 56 posts

Posted March 5, 2015 - 02:22 PM

Personally, I was completely expecting Keys to get dropped, so I'm not bummed out about that.

SO EXCITING THOUGH
Forum signatures are so 2006
Check out my customs thread tho

#11 BravoGangUS

BravoGangUS
  • 216 posts

Posted March 5, 2015 - 02:40 PM

Had a feeling that keys wouldn't return and while I wish they weren't dropped I am super excited about a new Rock Band :D

q9aY4iR.png Newest Custom: The Rick Dance (Rick and Morty) q9aY4iR.png

C3 Universe: http://p.c3universe.com/bravogangus

#12 espher

espher

Harmonies Hacker

• Administrator
  • 1,901 posts

Posted March 5, 2015 - 02:44 PM

The thought of Rockband 4 is enticing....until I look at the specifics.

I bought all DLC on Xbox360....and then bought a PS4. I highly doubt my Xbox purchases will transfer over and I have no intentions of buying the Xbox One just for this game.

I'm picking one up. Hoping for a good bargain or sale, but I'm picking one up. It's certainly cheaper than repurchasing the song content.

"Old" instruments may or may not work on this new game (why are they not also making this for last gen systems?)

Limited resources and hardware limiting other facets of it. I suppose we could get a "lazy port" PS2-style, but I think it's better to stop living in the past. I'd be very happy with a PC port but I doubt we'll get that, either, so XB1 it is!

C3 Author/Admin, Project Lead for the Rock Band: Harmonies Project

#13 Kemiroch

Kemiroch
  • 718 posts

Posted March 5, 2015 - 02:44 PM

I admit, I was expecting to be a lot more excited for this. The setlist I think will be the main deciding factor for me, something that C3 is at least partly responsible for :)

I am also disappointed in no keys support, especially for the existing DLC. If harmonies also disappear, then I would say it's a bit of a step backwards for HMX.

Bottomline I think for me is, if the setlist is good I will probably pick up the game and the console to play it on. If not, then there is a real possibility I will not pick this game up, and that is a sad thought.

Check out Kem's Customs! Featuring The Sounds, The Donnas, George Thorogood, and The Rolling Stones.

WIPs.

Collaboration Thread!

#14 b4mv

b4mv
  • 269 posts

Posted March 5, 2015 - 02:46 PM

As drums and Vox are my primaries, I'm super excited!!! *_*

#15 Captainoffun22

Captainoffun22
  • 233 posts

Posted March 5, 2015 - 02:48 PM

I'm hoping for A7X, Iron Maiden, Muse, Dream Theater and Pantera, mostly hoping for Cemetery Gates.

#16 MACST3R

MACST3R
  • 91 posts

Posted March 5, 2015 - 02:54 PM

Although I filled out the survey, if there is no support for the stage kits I will not be buying. I don't mind buying new instruments, but the stage kit is an essential piece to any rock band party.

#17 drummerockband

drummerockband

I Charted Tegan and Sara and All I Got Was This Crappy Title

• 818 posts

Posted March 5, 2015 - 02:55 PM

I would expect the on-disc setlist to be somewhat bigger than RB3, etc since its only on XB1/PS4 which their discs have a LOT more space on them.

My Customs | Featuring customs from Disney movies, "Weird Al" Yankovic, Tegan and Sara, Alvvays and more!

#18 Captainoffun22

Captainoffun22
  • 233 posts

Posted March 5, 2015 - 02:57 PM

hoping for 100+ :D

#19 Dahnlee

Dahnlee
  • 160 posts

Posted March 5, 2015 - 02:59 PM

Okay, I gotta say – this is exciting! I’m very happy to hear that HMX is not just maintaining (most) of the current song library, but that purchased DLC will transfer to the (same) next-gen console. Most of all, I’m glad that this will “future-proof” the RB platform for a while longer, because, let’s face it, all of our last gen consoles are eventually going to give up the ghost.

What concerns me are the rumors of Guitar Hero making a simultaneous return and the possibility of the two companies getting into a renewed pissing match over artist exclusivity. Frankly, custom songs have leveled that playing field and, crazy as it sounds, I want to be able to move my customs to the next get too. My strategy with RB4 will be to wait and see which console has the holes in the OS to offer up that possibility. If it’s X-box One, then I will re-purchase all my DLC from Microsoft, but when push comes to shove, I don't want to give up Led Zep, Eagles, Metallica, etc.

#20 RBPUK

RBPUK
  • 217 posts

Posted March 5, 2015 - 03:04 PM

Awesome news but I really hope C3 continue with the customs scene. I've no issue plugging my last gen for customs and the added bonus of keys and pro support.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)