C3 Site / User Profile SHOWCASE Suggestion...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guido

Guido
  • 213 posts

Posted March 3, 2015 - 08:34 PM

Hi
I dont know if this has been considered before (or if such a feature exists)- but for all those authors who are never likely to make the grade necessary become a fully-fledged C3 Author it is still of interest to many that their authored efforts and available to those to use....

So, to that end - are you able to consider adding a "Showcase" tab to the User Profile control panel that enables those users to alphabetically list (by title / group etc. ) their songs for like minded souls to download. Otherwise their efforts could be scattered around several posts somewhere on the site - instead of collated in a simple list for easy viewing and access.

Just a thought... as my list grows - I would like to be able to publish mine in this way if it were possible.

[showcase n
1. (Furniture) a glass case used to display objects in a museum or shop
2. a setting in which anything may be displayed to best advantage
vb
3. (tr) to exhibit or display]

Thanks

"They say that people live and learn , some people only live and live ..."

For a list of all songs currently in my C3 showcase : http://customscreato...&sort_order=asc

#2 Nyxyxylyth

Nyxyxylyth

Magnificent Bastard

• Administrator
  • 1,407 posts

Posted March 3, 2015 - 08:56 PM

It's been discussed, but it'd be a lot of work. We'd rather spend the time creating new songs.

#3 Guido

Guido
  • 213 posts

Posted March 3, 2015 - 09:09 PM

Understood. With the collective programming skills of the individuals here on thie site - I didnt think this would actually be too mammoth an undertaking (not volunteering myself here!).

As a middle ground... how about a simple editable text field on the Control Panel where users that wish, can post a URL to their OWN showcase / website (which they of course manage)...? In this way at least there is a means for forum users to view and download song catalogs from individuals if they wished....
I note at present there is a website field.... could an additional field Song Catalg / Showcase be added too..?

For a list of all songs currently in my C3 showcase : http://customscreato...&sort_order=asc

#4 Farottone

Farottone

The Lean Mean Customs Charting Machine

• Administrator
  • 6,455 posts

Posted March 3, 2015 - 09:37 PM

As a middle ground... how about a simple editable text field on the Control Panel where users that wish, can post a URL to their OWN showcase / website (which they of course manage)...?

Like in example a signature? :)

#5 Guido

Guido
  • 213 posts

Posted March 3, 2015 - 10:11 PM

... the perfect solution! Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users