Guido's Customs : BILLY TALENT / Leave Them All Behind

• Please log in to reply
148 replies to this topic

#1 Guido

Guido
  • 248 posts

Posted January 11, 2015 - 04:28 PM

Hi All
I have three songs which are my first 'most polished' efforts to offer for your amusement and positive review please.
They are not the finished article and I am hopeful that if some of you can offer specific advice on areas of each that may need tweaking I would be happy to hear from you.
Also I have used the Cat tools to generate the lower level difficulties in all cases. I havent modified these so, some levels are the same as one another...

SLASH : World On Fire
aOSBpS9.jpgThis was a challenge authoring this (....with hindsight perhaps not the best song to attempt as my third effort!)
I know the guitar is not 100% and the riff at the end of this song is missing - but I had no clear idea how to complete it

ANGELS & AIRWAVES : Love Like Rockets
fbx4DiX.jpg
Rather a long intro on this song, but a highly pleasing drum sequence

LOWER THAN ATLANTIS : EMILY (respect to DoNotPassGo - for big help with Tempo Map)
FUgt0An.jpg
Great fun on all instrument tracks.

(if anyone fancies having a go at modding any of the above with a view to improving, PM me and I will forward a link for the project files)

Cheers

"They say that people live and learn , some people only live and live ..."

My C3 Customs showcase

#2 chexmixho

chexmixho
  • 664 posts

Posted January 12, 2015 - 04:34 PM

dang why are your visualizer images so large?

#3 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 5,033 posts

Posted January 12, 2015 - 05:32 PM

Good question. They're also not hosted on Imgur, which is peculiar.

#4 Guido

Guido
  • 248 posts

Posted January 12, 2015 - 07:34 PM

I am partially sighted, but thanks for the jibe... Whats peculiar... who is imgur anyway.....?

My C3 Customs showcase

#5 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 5,033 posts

Posted January 12, 2015 - 07:39 PM

Nobody is making fun here. It is unusual because Visualizer images have a set dimension and people have now seen probably 2000 images made with Visualizer, all the same exact size. So it's weird and interesting that yours are larger. Imgur is the image hosting service that Visualizer uploads the images to. But instead it looks like you saved the image locally and then uploaded to that other hosting site instead of using Visualizers built-in upload option.
So it's weird. That's all.

#6 Guido

Guido
  • 248 posts

Posted January 12, 2015 - 09:39 PM

I used another source for uploading images purely as this was what was recommended by another user of this forum. In their response to my query on how to get embed images they mentioned they use http://postimage.org/
I only asked for advice from others because I was unable to upload the pictures to my shared volume and ref. the URL from there for some unknown reason.... so that is what I used and this is how they came out.
I had no idea the Visualiser tool uploads files to Imgur site directly... will take another look...

My C3 Customs showcase

#7 Guido

Guido
  • 248 posts

Posted January 12, 2015 - 09:45 PM

OK - I have found the upload feature with the Visualiser - well handy! So great to have learnt something new.
As you can see I have changed the image files to be less obtrusive. For how long are the image files hosted on the Imgur site for....?

My C3 Customs showcase

#8 Oddbrother

Oddbrother
  • 578 posts

Posted January 12, 2015 - 09:55 PM

For how long are the image files hosted on the Imgur site for....?

"As long as images are getting at least 1 view every 6 months, they will stick around forever. After that, your image may be removed to create more space for newer images.” -Imgur FAQs
Right and right, left and left, spin and turn, and a great big smile.

#9 jokeman23

jokeman23
  • 345 posts

Posted January 12, 2015 - 10:43 PM

can't wait to try these songs when i get home especially world on fire:)

#10 jokeman23

jokeman23
  • 345 posts

Posted January 29, 2015 - 11:34 PM

World on Fire seems way undercharted on drums.

#11 Guido

Guido
  • 248 posts

Posted February 6, 2015 - 03:50 PM

World on Fire seems way undercharted on drums.

Surprised that you think the DRUMS of all the instruments is undercharted as that is the instrument I am most comfortable with charting... and was most confident it is accurately charted.

Respectfully, if you are a C3 author yourself..perhaps you would like to 'correct' the Reaper file where you think it is lacking ..? Let me know via PM if interested.

Thanks for your comment.

My C3 Customs showcase

#12 jokeman23

jokeman23
  • 345 posts

Posted February 6, 2015 - 11:01 PM

i'm not an author in the slightest, just seemed like from listening to the song and playing the drums especially the intro seemed undercharged. My only advice is to look at some transcriptions of the song for drums. Hope that helps!

#13 Guido

Guido
  • 248 posts

Posted March 2, 2015 - 07:29 PM

Jokeman23
Thanks for the tip - you were right. I have gone back over the Slash title and recharted (original link has been updated) - there were some fairly major omissions. It should be more accurate now, let me know!
Thanks for highlighting.

My C3 Customs showcase

#14 Guido

Guido
  • 248 posts

Posted March 2, 2015 - 08:07 PM

I dont seem to be getting as many reviews as I had hoped... Now this thread is here may as well use it to post some of my other creations. Feel free to comment if you wish....enjoy!

Posted Image

Note : DRUMS only.

Prompted by her recent 'fall' (PR stunt... really...?), on the Brits(check out YouTube if you missed it) ... here is my custom creation for Material Girl, Madonna. It is pure coincidence that C3 Creators have another Madonna offering (Like a Prayer) available for download on the Blog.....!

My C3 Customs showcase

#15 Nightmare Lyra

Nightmare Lyra

Ukulele Hero

• 1,957 posts

Posted March 2, 2015 - 08:16 PM

How come the year is set to 2015 for Material Girl?

horror_movie_special fan club member

#16 Guido

Guido
  • 248 posts

Posted March 2, 2015 - 08:18 PM

You are too quick! Having realised just as I posted... now correct..

My C3 Customs showcase

#17 jokeman23

jokeman23
  • 345 posts

Posted March 2, 2015 - 08:59 PM

thanks man. I'll give it a quick whirl today and let you know. Any chance we'd get harmonies on the slash track?

#18 Guido

Guido
  • 248 posts

Posted March 2, 2015 - 11:06 PM

I will pencil it in.. but I am of course keen to get the 'basics' mastered as best I can before moving to the more advanced stuff!

My C3 Customs showcase

#19 Guido

Guido
  • 248 posts

Posted March 13, 2015 - 10:55 PM

OK - here is my latest creation...The Scorpions latest single, which in my opinion is an excellent return to form :

SCORPIONS : We Built This House
Posted Image

My C3 Customs showcase

#20 Guido

Guido
  • 248 posts

Posted May 17, 2015 - 01:04 PM

Finished after some weeks trying to get the drum sequence down as best I can...Enjoy!

FOO FIGHTERS : Congregation
Posted Image

If anyone knows they can do a better job of the drum fill directly after Dave Grohl does his 'Step into the liiiiggghhttttt..... ' screech... let me know..

Agreed, on Expert : currently it is messy and quite unplayable (for me at least), but this was my best interpretation having slowed the sequence down to 1/10th speed and worked through many many times... rightly or wrongly... what you see here is the result of this analysis.

My C3 Customs showcase

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users