cPlayer - The Rock Band Customs Player v2.4.0 [9/9/15]

• Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

#41 biosehnsucht

biosehnsucht
  • 11 posts

Posted February 21, 2015 - 11:10 PM

I just downloaded and tried this, and I am having audio stutter also with at least multi channel tracks, though it appears stereo tracks work fine. Windows 7 x64, AMD FX-8350 CPU w/ 16GB RAM - so perhaps it's the same problem being seen under Vista? Playing a wav file (decoded from a FLAC, a full song) works fine.

This works: Michael Jackson - Bad (stereo mix)
This doesn't: Fort Minor - Remember the Name (full mulitrack)

Actually, at around 1:20, the multitrack started playing fine. However if I seek it it doesn't seem to ever recover.

When it's not playing right it sounds like the audio mixing can't keep up with playback, it's not dropping out but pausing between playback buffers, until all of a sudden (no "speed up", just sudden) it's playing fine. CPU usage of sox is never over 2-3%.

I'm trying to google issues with sox but so far haven't had any luck.

#42 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 4,612 posts

Posted February 21, 2015 - 11:25 PM

Sure sounds like the same problem Colonel_32dll experienced.
I'm going to remove the link in the OP since nobody should be even trying this version. Wait for v2.0. it'll be worth it.

#43 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 4,612 posts

Posted February 26, 2015 - 05:44 AM

v2.0.0
- Changed from using SoX for audio playback to using BASS.NET so Windows Vista (and maybe Windows XP?) users should be able to enjoy the program without problems
- Restored and greatly improved visualization Chart: Snippet - gives you a real-time preview of the MIDI charts (organized like in REAPER as drums, bass, guitar, pro-keys/keys,harmonies/vocals)
- Expanded lyric display - can now choose between static lyrics, scrolling lyrics, karaoke style lyrics, or no lyrics at all, only PART VOCALS or Harmonies, using whole words or using in game syl- la- bles
- Added audio spectrum visualizations - right-click on the Visuals Panel and select 'Display audio spectrum' - there are over 10 different ones, just click on the Visuals Panel to change from one to another - cPlayer will remember which style you last used - default uses game palette colors, but just like with the MIDI charts you can enable random colors
- Added new visualization - Random: Phrase Lyrics will display the active phrase lyrics, randomizing the color, location, font, and size of each word in the phrase for a cool (but chaotic) karaoke vibe
- Changed how selecting lyric display settings works for a much smoother and responsive behavior - click on Options -> Lyrics settings -> and select your settings as you wish,  as you do, the lyrics displayed are updated immediately
- Changed how selecting which audio tracks to play works for a much smoother and responsive behavior - click on Options -> Audio tracks to play and check/uncheck each track as you wish, as you do, the audio playback is updated immediately
- Changed how selecting which MIDI charts to display works for a much smoother and responsive behavior - click on Options -> MIDI charts to display and check/uncheck each track as you wish, as you do, the MIDI chart tracks displayed are updated immediately
- When changing volume you now hear the volume change immediately and without any audio hiccups (with SoX it meant stopping and restarting playback)
- When seeking by dragging the time slider you have immediate audio reponse (i.e. that famous 'seeking' sound)
- Direct access to playback timer makes for even more accurate timing of lyrics, phrase sections and MIDI chart visuals
- Many other improvements and fixes for a much more enjoyable user experience

I have been working on this for a ridiculously long time trying to polish every tiny bug I could find. But I'm exhausted. So here we go. I'll listen for any bug reports through this weekend and will address any then. After this weekend, I'm going on my break so it'll stay however it is by then.

I hope you guys like it. I've tried to put a lot of effort, adding some features that were either requested, mentioned, or seemed like a good idea. But at some point I have to stop adding features to this "music player" :haw: The help doc is fully updated as well, so you can consult that if you're not sure what something does...but don't be afraid to click around. There's a ton of options to play around with.

If you find the easter egg you get an internet cookie and the admiration of all these tens of people who care :)

#44 AddyMilldike

AddyMilldike
  • 322 posts

Posted February 26, 2015 - 08:06 AM

Damn, this update really is something. And it also fixed the MIDI lag I had been experiencing. It's great! Thanks Nemo!

ZipZapZoop.png

#45 realpersonirl

realpersonirl
  • 56 posts

Posted February 26, 2015 - 02:19 PM

I'd totally grab this if I didn't spend 95% of my time on a Mac. Nice work regardless!!!
Forum signatures are so 2006
Check out my customs thread tho

#46 Colonel 32dll

Colonel 32dll
  • 708 posts

Posted February 26, 2015 - 03:47 PM

Fantastic, this works great! :dance:
Thanks for all the hours you dedicated to this, Nemo. My fear now, though, is that it will get lost in "General Discussion" within a couple of weeks at best. Only your signature has another link - is there a more "permanent" way to keep awareness of this nifty little program a bit more front-and-center?

#47 chexmixho

chexmixho
  • 664 posts

Posted February 26, 2015 - 04:55 PM

very cool update. thanks!

#48 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 4,612 posts

Posted February 26, 2015 - 05:46 PM

Fantastic, this works great! :dance:
Thanks for all the hours you dedicated to this, Nemo. My fear now, though, is that it will get lost in "General Discussion" within a couple of weeks at best. Only your signature has another link - is there a more "permanent" way to keep awareness of this nifty little program a bit more front-and-center?

Well, this isn't an authoring tool or a C3 effort. This is a side project of mine. I'm ok with just keeping a link to it on my signature. If it disappears in the forums it's because there's no activity in the thread. If that happens, oh well.

#49 Unicyclone

Unicyclone
  • 91 posts

Posted February 26, 2015 - 07:57 PM

Holy crap, this is amazing. The MIDI chart previews alone are mesmerizing. Thank you!
I chart multitrack customs! Download them here.

My WIP thread

#50 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 4,612 posts

Posted February 27, 2015 - 04:25 AM

Looks like a mod stickied the thread. I swear I didn't ask for it. I know our (mostly benevolent) web overlord doesn't like too many stickies, so I wouldn't dare ask.

In any case, I meant it when I said to let me know about bugs. I have had a very exhausting couple of weeks, and I just wanted to get something out. I don't doubt a bug or two made it out with it. Don't be afraid to post them.

#51 biosehnsucht

biosehnsucht
  • 11 posts

Posted February 28, 2015 - 06:45 AM

Awesome, this fixed my problem in Windows 7 x64 too - multichannel tracks play without any skipping.

#52 dreamtheaterfan

dreamtheaterfan
  • 169 posts

Posted February 28, 2015 - 09:29 AM

Damn are you a much better programmer than me.
I love the midi chart visuals! I might have to go work on my program some more.
Any chance of an open source release so that I could spend more detailed time on the vocal track making it look more pretty?

The new Sade song worked fine for me on Windows 8.1 64-bit.

#53 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 4,612 posts

Posted February 28, 2015 - 10:47 AM

I don't think I'm better. I'm just obsessive and persistent as hell. From what I've seen with Voxinator, you have a better grasp of core concepts than me. I'm not ashamed to admit my code tends to be amateurish and lacking optimization. But yes I have a better understanding of how to use these game files because I've been doing so now for about 18 months.
In any case, as my faq says there is no chance of open source for reasons that should be obvious to you in particular. But I've offered my help before. Just ask and I can probably help out. Let's do it via PM though, let's not clutter the thread.

#54 Goals46

Goals46
  • 35 posts

Posted March 1, 2015 - 10:13 PM

The dream comes true... awesome! Thanks Mister TrojanNemo

#55 blackheartstar

blackheartstar
  • 193 posts

Posted March 13, 2015 - 04:56 AM

This media player is fucking awesome!

#56 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 4,612 posts

Posted March 13, 2015 - 02:26 PM

Awesome, one more user. That should be...*counts fingers*...7 people! :v:

#57 blackheartstar

blackheartstar
  • 193 posts

Posted March 14, 2015 - 05:21 AM

Quick question. How do I handle songs that the player claims are encrypted? Such as Queensryche - Jet City Woman from my customs? It prompts me that it's unplayable.

#58 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 4,612 posts

Posted March 14, 2015 - 07:36 AM

I just downloaded cPlayer from here and Jet City Woman from the DB. New installation. Works on my end.
Make sure you don't have an overactive antivirus that is preventing things from working right.
Can you preview the audio in Visualizer for that song?

#59 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 4,612 posts

Posted March 15, 2015 - 08:47 PM

v2.0.1
- Fixed bug that would fail obtaining song length from the audio file when the DTA file didn't include it
- Few other minor bug fixes.

Minor fixes done on my end for my personal use, might as well update the release. You don't need to update unless you've experienced songs having 0:00 or 0:01 length and crashing during playback.

#60 blackheartstar

blackheartstar
  • 193 posts

Posted March 18, 2015 - 09:32 PM

I just downloaded cPlayer from here and Jet City Woman from the DB. New installation. Works on my end.
Make sure you don't have an overactive antivirus that is preventing things from working right.
Can you preview the audio in Visualizer for that song?

Got around to playing with it more. I'm not sure what was wrong. Over the weekend I tried several times and that song wouldn't play prompting that encrypted audio popup. Fired the pc up last night to see if it would play in Visualizer (it did) and then tried it in cPlayer. Worked perfectly. Nothing was done different that I know of. So yeah problem solved lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users