142 replies to this topic

#1 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 4,664 posts

Posted December 30, 2014 - 11:13 PM

Posted Image

WHAT IS IT?
cPlayer is a media player designed to seamlessly play Rock Band custom songs* much like Winamp plays MP3s and VLC plays videos, only limited by the inherent limitations of the format, with emphasis on 'custom songs' - no discussion of playing back official content will be entertained.

* Rock Band custom songs converted to Phase Shift format are also supported as of v2.1.0 :-)

CHANGE LOG
Updated change log with latest features and changes can be found here:
cPlayer v2.4.0 - Features & Changes

DOWNLOAD & INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
Download and extract anywhere you want. Probably should avoid Program Files. Can be installed in the same directory and share files with C3 CON Tools if you want, but not necessary.
cPlayer v2.4.0 - WinRAR Archive

REQUIREMENTS
Microsoft .NET 4.0
http://www.microsoft...s.aspx?id=17851

Please report bugs on this thread and I will address them as time permits. Make sure you read the Help documentation and the FAQ below to make sure you don't waste your time or mine.

I hope you're as excited to use this as I am to share it with you. Enjoy!

#2 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 4,664 posts

Posted December 30, 2014 - 11:13 PM

cPLAYER F.A.Q.

Was making this necessary? Isn't there a way to play these already?

Will this play all Rock Band custom songs?

Is this only for Xbox 360 users?

What are the system requirements to use cPlayer?

Oh man, I hate Windows for x reason. Will this be available for Linux/Unix/MacOS/Commodore/etc?

My question isn't answered here!

Read the Help documentation by clicking on Help -> How to Use within cPlayer. If you still don't have an answer to your question, ask away below. Be respectful. Be kind.

#3 StackOverflow0x

StackOverflow0x

Wii Guy

• 1,200 posts

Posted December 31, 2014 - 03:59 AM

Really neat stuff. I take it you've got DTA parsing down pretty well then compared to previously?

#4 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 4,664 posts

Posted December 31, 2014 - 04:32 AM

Compared to when? My DTA parser per se wasn't really put together into one class until recently, but by and large it's the same code I've used all along.

#5 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 4,664 posts

Posted January 8, 2015 - 12:11 AM

beta2 is now up.

v0.9.0 beta2
- Added option to select which audio tracks to play (when available) - Click on Options -> Audio tracks
- Improved accuracy when displaying MIDI chart using Chart: Full
- Random circles and squares randomize between outlined or filled circles/squares (also works when using Random: Mixed)
- Added feature to resync cPlayer's timer and hopefully reduce the de-syncing issue some were having
- Improved shuffling behavior to start over once all songs in the Playlist were played
- Added fun album art background to window when MIDI Visuals are disabled but Lyrics are enabled
- Added option to show side window and display album art background there even when Lyrics and MIDI Visuals are disabled - Options -> Open side window
- Changed searching behavior to only search after you press Enter - this removes the slow-down caused by the constant searching after each character was typed
- Removed Chart: Snippet Style until and if a more accurate mode to display the chart on time can be achieved within the .NET Framework's restrictions
- Resized (made a tiny bit smaller) to better fit screens with x768 resolutions
- Now using leaner version of NAudio.dll, trimmed and improved for much more accurate timing of notes and lyrics
- Other minor updates and improvements

Seeing as there has been no feedback and very few downloads, I'm stopping here with any further development until I can get around to all my other projects which were put on hold for this. Hopefully by then I'll have some feedback to go on.

#6 clintilona

clintilona
  • 590 posts

Posted January 8, 2015 - 11:35 AM

For what it's worth, I am quite enjoying this program. Thank you for putting in the time to make it. You rock!
**Rock Band needs more Power Metal**

#7 Nunchuck

Nunchuck
  • 756 posts

Posted January 8, 2015 - 11:55 AM

I gave it a run. Nice work. It is a fun piece of software.

#8 dreamtheaterfan

dreamtheaterfan
  • 169 posts

Posted January 8, 2015 - 03:24 PM

How are you able to read the mogg data and play it?

#9 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 4,664 posts

Posted January 8, 2015 - 03:49 PM

I think it was Shakespeare who said "What's in a mogg, if not a multi-channel Ogg Vorbis file with a custom header in front?"

Audacity is able to read the "mogg" by ignoring the mogg header and treating the file as a multi-channel ogg. I do the same. Chop off the "mogg header" and now you have a multi-channel ogg. I use the same tool that Audacity does to play the file back: sox.exe.

So as long as the mogg isn't encrypted, cut everything off prior to the Ogg header, then feed it to SoX, and voila.
The tricky part is in making it sound good, which involves the panning and attenuation values of the songs.dta, and a thorough getting-to-know-each-other with SoX's remix, trim and fade features.

Not for the faint of heart. But satisfying once I got it to work :)

#10 JarheadHME

JarheadHME
  • 65 posts

Posted January 17, 2015 - 07:48 PM

When I use the "Show Midi Visuals" option it makes the audio EXTREMELY stuttery, and sometimes it'll be extremely stuttery anyway (although the song with the latter issue, it's 25 mins so...) I'm not sure if it's something on my PC that's doing it or just the way the program works.

Something that I was wondering... It's a longshot that it'll happen, but is there ANY chance, at all, that there could be something in it (or in another program) that could make previews as if it were Rock Band but maybe without the background stuff?

#11 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 4,664 posts

Posted January 17, 2015 - 08:16 PM

Well it's certainly not by design that it would stutter. What are your pc specs? As I said, it works beautifully on my high end PC. Might need to find a way to test on a lower end system and see what I can do to improve performance. There's a ton of things going on at once, so it may be demanding on older systems?
As far as your feature request, not sure what you mean. The Chart: Full mode does a preview of the whole chart with a black background.

#12 JarheadHME

JarheadHME
  • 65 posts

Posted January 17, 2015 - 08:33 PM

Not entirely sure what stuff I need to provide for specs, so I'll go with this...

Win7 Home Premium 64x
8GB RAM
AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series
ASRock FM2A85X-ITX

If there's something in specific I should provide, let me know, I'm not good with this sort of stuff

As far as my request, I'm not sure what where I would see that as I don't recall ever seeing it. Could you point me in the direction of it?

#13 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 4,664 posts

Posted January 17, 2015 - 08:38 PM

As far as my request, I'm not sure what where I would see that as I don't recall ever seeing it. Could you point me in the direction of it?

Isn't that the default midi visualization? Right click on the midi window and change to it if not. It'll display it as the song goes, by the time the song is done you have the full chart.

What processor do you have? The other specs sure sound like enough power to run this.

#14 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 4,664 posts

Posted January 17, 2015 - 08:39 PM

[quote name="JarheadHME
[spoiler]As far as my request, I'm not sure what where I would see that as I don't recall ever seeing it. Could you point me in the direction of it?[/quote]

Isn't that the default midi visualization? Right click on the midi window and change to it if not. It'll display it as the song goes, by the time the song is done you have the full chart.

What processor do you have? The other specs sure sound like enough power to run this.

#15 JarheadHME

JarheadHME
  • 65 posts

Posted January 17, 2015 - 08:43 PM

Processor is AMD A8-6600K APU with Radeon™ HD Graphics
I might just need to restart my PC, it tends to start lagging occasionally and restarting it usually helps clear it up for a bit.

And I think I know what you're talking about now, but I meant one that showed a chart preview that's kind of in the style of Rock Band itself, not midis. Kinda like the RBN preview window, except more accustomed to RB3 and showed all the charts at the same time.

#16 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 4,664 posts

Posted January 17, 2015 - 08:45 PM

It sounds like what you want is like the REAPER RBN preview. That is well beyond the purpose of this program, not to mention I simply don't have enough knowledge to make it happen.

#17 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 4,664 posts

Posted February 8, 2015 - 09:03 PM

v1.0.0
(First non-beta release! If you were using a beta version, please disregard all prior settings and Playlists and start from scratch)
- Added 'Start Insta-Mix' feature to create a sort of radio station like Pandora and Google Play - right-click on a song in the Playlist and select 'Start Insta-Mix', cPlayer will look through your entire Playlist for songs with the same genre, and similar BPM and song lengths and create a randomized Playlist for you - this is an educated guess, won't be perfect
- Added feature to display the current section name- click on Options -> Show section names
- Added new MIDI chart visual - Random: Note Names - will randomly choose an installed font, font size, and location and draw the name of the note
- Added ability to select which charts are displayed by the MIDI Visuals - click on Options -> Show MIDI chart visuals -> and enable/disable any tracks as you wish
- Added ability to select duration of crossfade between 4, 6 and 8 seconds - click on Options -> Crossfade settings -> enable/disable it here and select your preferred duration
- Added feature to randomize the Playlist - right-click on the Playlist and choose 'Randomize playlist'
- Added Go To feature so you can go directly to your search term without actually filtering the playlist - press Go To again and it'll continue to the next occurrence of the search term, etc - this is now the default behavior when pressing Enter after typing a search term
- Added Filter button in case you actually want to filter your playlist by your search term
- Improved grabbing and displaying of lyrics
- Quickly view where you'll be jumping to by hovering the mouse over the timeline - the time and section name (if available) will be displayed
- While dragging the slider seeking a section of the song, the author name is replaced with the time and section name (if available) to make it easier to find where to stop
- Added feature to quickly access the last five Playlists you've loaded - click on File -> Open recent... and pick the Playlist you want to load
- Pressing Space bar now pauses/resumes playback - or you can continue to use the Play/Pause button
- Pressing any letter while the Playlist is selected will take you to the next song in the Playlist that starts with that letter
- Pressing up or down while holding down the Alt key will move the selected song(s) up or down on your Playlist order
- Fixed out-of-sync "lag" in songs caused by poor math and not poor system performance - thanks to raynebc for catching the error
- Now displays total songs (filtered) and combined playtime of the songs on the top right of the program
- Removed annoying ding sound when pressing enter to search for a song
- Various under the hood fixes and improvements when working with MIDI files (thanks to raynebc for the update to midishrink)
- Various other bug fixes and improvements

Alright, so I'm sick and tired of testing this. So here we go. We're out of beta.
Is it going to be perfect? Probably not. There's a lot going on at any given point. But I have tested it on multiple computers, played with it in various ways. Seems to be working alright. Hopefully you get the same experience on your end I have on mine. I love playing back customs and making "Insta-Mixes".

If you were on a BETA release, you'll need to scrap all your settings and existing playlists, as these playlists in v1.0.0 store more information than on the BETA releases. Just start with a new folder and don't transfer anything from your existing install.

Feel free to post bug reports and suggestions on this thread - but keep in mind I'm taking a break so I will not be updating any of my programs for at least a few weeks.

Enjoy.

#18 dreamtheaterfan

dreamtheaterfan
  • 169 posts

Posted February 9, 2015 - 01:25 PM

Beta testing with little to no beta testers is like hitting your head against the wall repeatedly so that you can fix one problem to only find another.

#19 beastman

beastman
  • 149 posts

Posted February 9, 2015 - 03:48 PM

Wow, I just noticed this! Sounds nice and I'll give it a try.

#20 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 4,664 posts

Posted February 9, 2015 - 05:35 PM

Beta testing with little to no beta testers is like hitting your head against the wall repeatedly so that you can fix one problem to only find another.

There's only so much I can do to entice people to try the software. I really overestimated the reaction to this. I thought people would be going crazy over something like this. I had maybe 100 downloads of the two betas and like 4-5 comments via PM and Skype. Great beta testing :haw:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users