Chicago Chronicles - 12/25 Chicago 19 pack released!

Chicago jazz rock jazz fusion jazz hard rock

• Please log in to reply
165 replies to this topic

#1 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,111 posts

Posted November 17, 2014 - 12:49 AM

12388258_948511021895549_138147274_n.jpg

I've been so inspired by the sheer excellence of the Genesis Chronicles that I'm starting a new project. I initially started charting because I wanted to play Chicago songs on drums as the original drummer was phenomenal. I'd love to do something similar to the Genesis project but with Chicago. Now I don't expect to spend a year or enlist 17 authors but I'm putting it out there for anyone that would be interested in contributing keys, guitar, bass, and horns. I can do drums and vocals.

Chicago and Genesis are similar in that they both started off as musically complex and then had the biggest hits of their careers in the late 70's and 80's by taking a more simplistic pop approach so I think enough people out there would enjoy the variety.

Thanks to my contributors:

nsw1-6

DoNotPassGo

Nightmare Lyra

BearzUnlimited

Meander

funkydunkleman 

missingno42128

StackOverflow0X

bsbloom

Arcanon

FujiSkunk

Kloporte

GreenPanda12

anglebracket

GanonMetroid

Dash Riprock

Masayuki Funatsu.

LEGEND
D - Drums G - Guitar B - Bass K - Keys V - Vocals PK - Pro Keys

Here is the progress of every song:

DEEPER CUTS

A Song for Richard and his Friends  - NSW1-6

Mississippi Delta City Blues - K

Rediscovery - D

Ain't it Blue - D

Epics pack

Liberation - G, V, K - NSW1-6
Poem 58 - G, K - MB1NIGHT
Ballet for a Girl in Buchannon - G - NSW1-6
It Better End Soon - G
The Approaching Storm - G, K - NSW1-6
Devil's Sweet - K, B

Chicago Transit Authority (1969)

Chicago II (1970)

Chicago III (1971)

Chicago V (1972)

Chicago VI (1973)

Chicago VII (1974)

Chicago VIII (1975)

Chicago X (1976)

Chicago XI (1977)

Hot Streets (1978)

Chicago 13 (1979)

Chicago 14 (1980)

Chicago 16 (1982)

Chicago 17 (1984)

Chicago 18 (1986)

Chicago 19 (1988)

Edited by AJFOne23, January 11, 2017 - 06:47 AM.

#2 JiggleBill

JiggleBill
  • 40 posts

Posted November 18, 2014 - 10:02 PM

Just wanted to say that this is a great idea. :)

#3 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,111 posts

Posted November 18, 2014 - 10:28 PM

Thank you I was starting to think that people didn't care. I really do need help with the other instruments because it's not possible for me to become proficient in charting keys, guitar, and horn sections because I'm in school and the complexity of their early music is mind boggling.

I've been asking people individually but response has been slim to none. If anyone is willing to contribute PM me.

#4 Alternity

Alternity
  • 392 posts

Posted November 18, 2014 - 11:30 PM

Thank you I was starting to think that people didn't care. I really do need help with the other instruments because it's not possible for me to become proficient in charting keys, guitar, and horn sections because I'm in school and the complexity of their early music is mind boggling.

I've been asking people individually but response has been slim to none. If anyone is willing to contribute PM me.

If you find accurate GP5 files (Including guitar/bass and any kind of keys parts) I could help with the pro stuff. I really need good and accurate music sheets otherwise I can't do shit.. Worst case scenario is you find sheets, but not in GP5 format, so I'd need to transcribe at least guitar/bass for exportation in EoF, I'd rather not do that, it takes a while.. (MIDI files works too, but they are often not so accurate...)

#5 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,111 posts

Posted November 21, 2014 - 01:26 AM

Pro keys added for Saturday in the Park.

#6 Hetz

Hetz

Beacon of Positivity

• 759 posts

Posted November 22, 2014 - 11:07 PM

Love Saturday In The Park! Glad to see it is being worked on. Looking forward to playing it on keys. :)

#7 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,111 posts

Posted November 23, 2014 - 12:11 AM

If anyone is good at bass and guitar (5 lane that is) please let me know if you'd like to contribute. It's especially important for bass as Peter Cetera was a beast on the 4 string. His parts deserve to be done justice :)

#8 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,111 posts

Posted November 23, 2014 - 08:40 PM

Added updates for Introduction and Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is from CTA 1969. Keys added for Saturday in the Park.

#9 Sideshow

Sideshow
  • 2,273 posts

Posted November 23, 2014 - 08:49 PM

So I take it you got all the project files for the Chicago songs I helped you with at the time? If you want, you can rerelease them in your thread as they technically are your songs. I only added overdrive to them if I remember correctly.

#10 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,111 posts

Posted November 23, 2014 - 09:13 PM

So I take it you got all the project files for the Chicago songs I helped you with at the time? If you want, you can rerelease them in your thread as they technically are your songs. I only added overdrive to them if I remember correctly.

I do yes. I couldn't have gotten my start without your assistance. Now that I've gotten much better as an author I want to update everything I released in your thread. It will take time though. This is an epic project :cool:

#11 Sideshow

Sideshow
  • 2,273 posts

Posted November 23, 2014 - 10:46 PM

I do yes. I couldn't have gotten my start without your assistance. Now that I've gotten much better as an author I want to update everything I released in your thread. It will take time though. This is an epic project :cool:

Right, might as well wait for more instruments to be added. Good luck!

#12 ManicPixieGirl

ManicPixieGirl
  • 98 posts

Posted November 24, 2014 - 11:20 PM

Excited for this. Especially I'm a Man and Does Anybody Really Know What Time it is.

Is that intro going to be separate or with Does Anybody...?

#13 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,111 posts

Posted November 24, 2014 - 11:31 PM

Excited for this. Especially I'm a Man and Does Anybody Really Know What Time it is.

Is that intro going to be separate or with Does Anybody...?

Well my original drums only chart did not include the piano intro. If anyone knows how to move the tempo map to include it that would help. Otherwise I'd have to retempo map the whole thing.

#14 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,111 posts

Posted November 25, 2014 - 01:39 AM

It's question (67 & 68) time :P

If we were to do a full album would you choose Chicago II or V?

Both are pretty close to being done but the classical Terry Kath suite "Memories of Love" from II would be a bitch but if you want it I'm down.

Let me know :cool:

#15 Kloporte

Kloporte
  • 204 posts

Posted November 26, 2014 - 09:48 AM

Well my original drums only chart did not include the piano intro. If anyone knows how to move the tempo map to include it that would help. Otherwise I'd have to retempo map the whole thing.

You can select the whole song (from 3.1.00 to the end), hit export and choose to export the time selection only. Then you can open a new project template, add the song audio, tempo map the intro, and import back the MIDI at the right time. ;)

#16 Farottone

Farottone

The Lean Mean Customs Charting Machine

• Administrator
  • 5,669 posts

Posted November 26, 2014 - 10:12 AM

You can select the whole song (from 3.1.00 to the end), hit export and choose to export the time selection only. Then you can open a new project template, add the song audio, tempo map the intro, and import back the MIDI at the right time. ;)

Or just select the number of measures needed and use the Insert Space at Time Selection action.

#17 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,111 posts

Posted November 26, 2014 - 08:40 PM

whichever method is the path of least resistance I will most certainly undertake :D

#18 Chips

Chips
  • 348 posts

Posted November 28, 2014 - 09:14 PM

Never really checked out Chicago much, don't think I've heard anything other than the song in RB3 but big props dude, this is quite an undertaking

#19 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,111 posts

Posted November 29, 2014 - 05:48 PM

Never really checked out Chicago much, don't think I've heard anything other than the song in RB3 but big props dude, this is quite an undertaking

Well you're in for a treat my friend. The songs are not only catchy but musically challenging and just plain fun. The whole reason I'm doing this is to make people more aware of my favorite band :)

#20 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,111 posts

Posted November 30, 2014 - 06:19 PM

Added vocals for Beginnings and Bass and vocals for I'm a Man.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Chicago, jazz rock, jazz fusion, jazz, hard rock

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users