Nov 14, 2014 - Genesis Chronicles

• Please log in to reply
138 replies to this topic

#101 predator002

predator002
  • 5 posts

Posted November 18, 2014 - 10:53 AM

Thank you guys for all your hard work. It is an amazing achievement!

#102 CBassNL

CBassNL
  • 26 posts

Posted November 18, 2014 - 10:37 PM

Oh wow, I can't thank you guys enough for this stuff! Amazing pack. You guys rock! :excited:

I was familiar with the Phil Collins era Genesis, because of my parents (Home By The Sea and Follow You Follow Me were always a personal favourite). So it's nice to have some recognizable songs. But the Peter Gabriel stuff is new to me, which is great! I really enjoyed playing the Selling England By The Pound and The Lamb albums. Made me appreciate Genesis and the progressive rock genre a lot more. I can't stop listening to Firth of Fifth.

The audio track of Home By The Sea is a bit..I dunno..far away. Like it's silenced a bit. (can't find the right words)

#103 Colonel 32dll

Colonel 32dll
  • 743 posts

Posted November 19, 2014 - 02:35 AM

...The audio track of Home By The Sea is a bit..I dunno..far away. Like it's silenced a bit. (can't find the right words)

I just played G while my friend played B last night and didn't notice anything unusual.
Great song, I gotta say. :) And a good idea combining parts one and two.
Hats off to Farottone and RUSHEE!

#104 Charles

Charles
  • 4 posts

Posted November 19, 2014 - 08:42 PM

Once I put on one of the songs on, my dad who stopped singing in Rock Band came in the room and said "that's Genesis with Peter Gabriel?", and I said "yes it is dad". He instantly went to get a mic and we rocked out that night playing a lot of Genesis.

Definitely want to thank everyone who contributed to Genesis Chronicles, they're a band I liked over the years, but never fully listened to them. And with a lot of their songs, I can finally get into what I have been missing. Thank you C3!

#105 Farottone

Farottone

The Lean Mean Customs Charting Machine

• Administrator
  • 6,009 posts

Posted November 20, 2014 - 11:10 PM

Supper (with keys) is finally ready. Very sorry for the huge delay.

#106 Ruck Bogers 22

Ruck Bogers 22
  • 258 posts

Posted November 21, 2014 - 09:22 AM

Thank you very much, and I'm sure I won't be alone in thinking 'you really don't need to be sorry'! :) cheers.

I'm charting again! Check out My Customs - featuring Muse, Coldplay, Oasis, Kings of Leon, Blur, Snow Patrol, RATM, Death Cab, New Radicals and more!

Feeder Discography Project - Newest Release - Swim EP

Works in Progress

#107 Colonel 32dll

Colonel 32dll
  • 743 posts

Posted November 21, 2014 - 04:48 PM

Thank you very much, and I'm sure I won't be alone in thinking 'you really don't need to be sorry'! :) cheers.

+1
:)

#108 monkeydrummer

monkeydrummer
  • 19 posts

Posted November 24, 2014 - 07:20 PM

I have a question regarding Abacab (the individual track, not the album). I had assumed the "ch ch ch ch..." that starts at 2:39 was going to be charted as "talking," but it turned out to be really high notes. Is that really how it is in the song? I've listened to it a few times and can't distinguish the sounds well enough to know for certain, but I do know that it surprised me to suddenly have to find that high note I never knew was there.

By the way, I've said it before but I want to say it again: Genesis Chronicles is AMAZING. You guys are friggin' awesome!

#109 Farottone

Farottone

• Administrator
  • 6,009 posts

Posted November 24, 2014 - 07:36 PM

I have a question regarding Abacab (the individual track, not the album). I had assumed the "ch ch ch ch..." that starts at 2:39 was going to be charted as "talking," but it turned out to be really high notes.

It sounds like processed vocals and not just generic vocal sounds, that's why we went with pitched. Besides, it's the same note all over, which means making them non-pitched just to make them easier wasn't necessary because once you nail one you just keep on singing that note. Also, it's a harmony, something you don't *have* to sing. However, remember that you don't need to sing the exact pitch, just the correct note in any given octave (meaning you can sing it an octave lower if you're more comfortable).

#110 xiaNaix

xiaNaix
  • 30 posts

Posted November 26, 2014 - 08:18 PM

Has the updated Supper's Ready been posted yet?

#111 Nyxyxylyth

Nyxyxylyth

Magnificent Bastard

• Administrator
  • 1,372 posts

Posted November 26, 2014 - 08:44 PM

Has the updated Supper's Ready been posted yet?

Put a little effort into it - scroll up 5 posts.

#112 xiaNaix

xiaNaix
  • 30 posts

Posted November 27, 2014 - 12:23 AM

:rolleyes: I know that but neither the listing on the Genesis subsite nor the song database listing shows it as being updated. That's why I asked.

#113 Sideshow

Sideshow
  • 2,397 posts

Posted November 28, 2014 - 11:50 PM

:rolleyes: I know that but neither the listing on the Genesis subsite nor the song database listing shows it as being updated. That's why I asked.

Even though the database doesnt say its been updated I assure that it is becasue it shows up in my setlist with keys/Pro Keys. I did delete my song cache recently so you may need to do that in order to get the keys part to show up.

#114 dreamtheaterfan

dreamtheaterfan
  • 169 posts

Posted December 1, 2014 - 07:45 AM

Used C3ConTools to pack all of it into one half-a-gig package.

Posted Image

#115 clumsy_plumsy

clumsy_plumsy
  • 82 posts

Posted December 5, 2014 - 07:27 AM

Like the band or not (I'll def be grabbing me some) - HUGE props for this, and everyone who worked on this, what is clearly a work of passion. I'd love to see this sort of treatment for more artists in the future!

#116 cybersharkexpert

cybersharkexpert
  • 29 posts

Posted December 7, 2014 - 05:25 AM

I may or may not have found multitracks of a small handful of tracks from this pack, mostly stuff from Invisible Touch. Will keep y'all updated once they finish downloading.

#117 Farottone

Farottone

• Administrator
  • 6,009 posts

Posted December 7, 2014 - 11:59 AM

I may or may not have found multitracks of a small handful of tracks from this pack, mostly stuff from Invisible Touch. Will keep y'all updated once they finish downloading.

It's 5.1 material, useless.

#118 Chips

Chips
  • 419 posts

Posted December 7, 2014 - 02:23 PM

I've always known collins is an amazing drummer but jesus christ, that instrumental section on cinema show is fucking brutal. Moonlit knight kicked my ass pretty hard too but I almost ran out of energy towards the end of cinema show. Fun as fuck though, one of my new favorite drumming songs along with firth of fifth and in the rapids/it.

#119 Farottone

Farottone

• Administrator
  • 6,009 posts

Posted December 7, 2014 - 02:30 PM

I've always known collins is an amazing drummer but jesus christ, that instrumental section on cinema show is fucking brutal. Moonlit knight kicked my ass pretty hard too but I almost ran out of energy towards the end of cinema show. Fun as fuck though, one of my new favorite drumming songs along with firth of fifth and in the rapids/it.

For more humiliation I suggest The Musical Box.

#120 Chips

Chips
  • 419 posts

Posted December 7, 2014 - 02:32 PM

Played that one first, actually. I was almost embarrassed by how bad I did, I mean listening to the song for years already made me believe it'd be that double pedal pattern over and over again when the climax hits but god damn does that shit wear down the leg after a while. Couldn't even keep a combo going past 7 minutes

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users