Watcher of the Skies
The Battle of Epping Forest
The Lamia
Supper's Ready

#82 afcchamp88

afcchamp88
  • 38 posts

Posted November 16, 2014 - 05:15 AM

Ok, so that was an amazing experience. I failed out on Epping Forest. I didn't even consider that stuff was coming at the end. Should've saved overdrive. But anyway, that was the most fun I've had playing this game in a long time, especially alone.

I have a question about Supper's Ready. Would there be any considering in putting the fade out back in? It was performed live that way with the band fading into silence, then the audience exploded and they went to encore break. It was meant to be played live as it was on the album. I think the endings sounded great for the other stuff I was able to play tonight.

Thanks again!

#83 columbo777

columbo777

The Pro Wannabe

• 353 posts

Posted November 16, 2014 - 04:13 PM

Sorry for the delay (and a couple from Duke on the way), but here is the PRO for Illegal Alien
http://www.mediafire... ... alienv2pro

(all pro upgrades found here: https://docs.google.... ... edit#gid=0)

Find all the known Guitar PRO upgrades on the RB PRO upgrades tracker google-sheet:

https://docs.google....SV_o/edit#gid=0

#84 columbo777

columbo777

The Pro Wannabe

• 353 posts

Posted November 16, 2014 - 04:22 PM

Turn it on Again PRO:
http://www.mediafire... ... onagainpro

Find all the known Guitar PRO upgrades on the RB PRO upgrades tracker google-sheet:

#85 columbo777

columbo777

The Pro Wannabe

• 353 posts

Posted November 16, 2014 - 04:23 PM

Misunderstanding PRO:
http://www.mediafire... ... tandingpro

#86 hobbzee77

hobbzee77
  • 126 posts
    Deep in the Outer Rim... AKA Perth, Western Australia

Posted November 16, 2014 - 06:47 PM

WoW!!! once again u guys have gone above & beyond to keep loungeroom's rockin' all over the world!!!
For all of ur hard work over the years, & the countless hours you've recently spent on bringing us this absolute Goliath of a release; We Salute You with a Standing O!!! :excited:
big thanks goes out to you all, from a bunch of us down here in Western Australia, you guys Rock, Cheers :)

#87 Erniewan

Erniewan
  • 55 posts

Posted November 16, 2014 - 07:47 PM

Thanks for the release, guys! I'm cherry-picking the tracks that I'm gonna play and I got a list going.
I was wondering why keys weren't charted for Supper's Ready though. Is it because it was too long?

Edit: Oops, just saw the note that they'll be up later.

Pro Keys charter here!

Beatles Discography Spreadsheet: https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

#88 Farottone

Farottone

The Lean Mean Customs Charting Machine

• Administrator
  • 5,713 posts

Posted November 16, 2014 - 09:32 PM

Ok, so that was an amazing experience. I failed out on Epping Forest. I didn't even consider that stuff was coming at the end. Should've saved overdrive. But anyway, that was the most fun I've had playing this game in a long time, especially alone.

I have a question about Supper's Ready. Would there be any considering in putting the fade out back in? It was performed live that way with the band fading into silence, then the audience exploded and they went to encore break. It was meant to be played live as it was on the album. I think the endings sounded great for the other stuff I was able to play tonight.

Thanks again!

As much as I would love to please everyone, the original audio was heavily produced to make it work in game and it would take an amount of resources we don't have to put the fadeout back in and author what's underneath it. People realise the amount of time we needed to set aside for this project but one thing you may not realise is that when you work for months on a project, you then have months during which you have not set aside any song for future releases, so the normal workflow has to restart as soon as possible (which in my case was yesterday). ;)

Very happy to hear you had fun with those songs, there are some real gems in your playlist. :)

#89 crazycoolcat5

crazycoolcat5
  • 453 posts

Posted November 16, 2014 - 10:41 PM

Farottone, how many hours did you sleep since you started working on this? Because I am proud of you!

Now get back to work.
Picture of your fat mom loading... please wait...

#90 afcchamp88

afcchamp88
  • 38 posts

Posted November 17, 2014 - 12:15 AM

If any of you guys feel like we deserve to be compensated, donate to a good charity. :-)

My wife and I just sponsored Timmy the LAMB for a year. He thanks you as well.

http://www.edgarsmis.../animals/timmy/

#91 Farottone

Farottone

• Administrator
  • 5,713 posts

Posted November 17, 2014 - 12:19 AM

If any of you guys feel like we deserve to be compensated, donate to a good charity. :-)

My wife and I just sponsored Timmy the LAMB for a year. He thanks you as well.

http://www.edgarsmis.../animals/timmy/

:D That's swell!

#92 pianoman35

pianoman35
  • 9 posts

Posted November 17, 2014 - 02:06 AM

Just sight read The Musical Box on pro keys and passed it first try, holy crap! lol

#93 Chips

Chips
  • 372 posts

Posted November 17, 2014 - 04:29 AM

Wish I could play pro keys, I have no idea how people get good at it. Patience and practice I suppose

#94 pianoman35

pianoman35
  • 9 posts

Posted November 17, 2014 - 03:35 PM

Yeah it's hard even though I've been playing piano for over 20 years. The hard part is sight reading it. You can always practice a song to learn it. I got like 65% through The Cinema Show before I failed it. I think I was pretty lucky to even get that far lol. :dance:

#95 Colonel 32dll

Colonel 32dll
  • 718 posts

Posted November 17, 2014 - 04:01 PM

Just played through "Supper's Ready" last night and holy crap! The hours invested in bringing that one song to the people must be uncountable. If a simple five-minute song takes an accomplished author around 25 hours, this one has easily over 120 in just the standard authoring process, never mind everything else (which, of course, explains the pro keys). That easily equates to three pros working a 40-hour week and having to stay for overtime just to bring us one song.

ONE SONG. :sweatdrop:

This extremely complex custom was created by only two authors. Farottone and Narutostarwars123456 deserve some kind of award for this one. And considering the time of the year, perhaps it should be from Fragile!

Way to go, guys - playing this song was a great ride. Thanks!
:excited:

#96 Farottone

Farottone

• Administrator
  • 5,713 posts

Posted November 17, 2014 - 06:04 PM

It's just a great song. :) You have forgotten one thing: go listen to the original. :) When you do that, notice the volumes of each part of the song. Now imagine me playtesting the song the first time and going from music blaring from my speakers to barely being able to hear Gabriel singing. Then picture me tweaking volumes and rebuilding the song 10 times to check all 23 minutes of it. :)

However, Naruto needs to take the main credits for this one: he did most of the charts and without his charts this would have simply not happened.

#97 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 1,176 posts

Posted November 17, 2014 - 07:46 PM

It's just a great song. :) You have forgotten one thing: go listen to the original. :) When you do that, notice the volumes of each part of the song. Now imagine me playtesting the song the first time and going from music blaring from my speakers to barely being able to hear Gabriel singing. Then picture me tweaking volumes and rebuilding the song 10 times to check all 23 minutes of it. :)

However, Naruto needs to take the main credits for this one: he did most of the charts and without his charts this would have simply not happened.

Naruto is the man. Him and I will be working on more Genesis tunes that were not included in the future. They may not be full C3 quality but nobody's perfect :)

#98 Colonel 32dll

Colonel 32dll
  • 718 posts

Posted November 17, 2014 - 09:27 PM

Insanity. :what:

#99 Spindoctor

Spindoctor
  • 791 posts

Posted November 17, 2014 - 10:51 PM

I had a chance to try some of these tunes out on the weekend, they are absolutely phenominal. I cannot imagine the hours that were put in to making these. Thank you to all the authors, editors, testers & their wives, girlfriends ETC that contributed to this project & continue to do it week after week after week.
I am not sure how many people read the Foreword page that Farottone wrote but I did & I would like to personally thank Farottone for the countless hours of free entertainment you have provided us with & his wife Barbara for being such a :c00l: lady.

"Music can change the world because it can change people"  Bono

Links to all songs are in the Customs database.

#100 AdmiralSalt

AdmiralSalt
  • 2 posts

Posted November 18, 2014 - 02:58 AM

I could write a whole page gushing about how excited this release has made me, or how astounded I am at the number of songs, or appreciative I am of all the countless hours of work that must have went into this release, or how pleased I am that just about every song I wanted is playable, or... well, you get the idea. Well done, and thanks to everyone involved.

One last thought... what, no Ray Wilson? ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users