C3 Forums

Introducing Genesis Chronicles!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The site is going through some major changes that take time. Be patient and check back in a few days

Yup....just peed my pants!!

I haven't played Rock Band in well over a year, but I still check C3 every week.

Dang, are you saying nothing C3 has released in the past year+ has made you want to play Rock Band? That is crazy talk!

I've mostly been playing Rocksmith since Harmonix shut the door on DLC and feel it's really awkward going from a full guitar to my itty-bitty Rock Band controller, but don't get me wrong, along with these 80 songs I'll be getting King Crimson, Led Zeppelin, Cake and any Radiohead and Pink Floyd I can get my hands on. One of the reasons I keep up to date with C3's releases is the variety of music. Music games have always been a great place to discover new bands.

I've just recently discovered this site about a month or so ago, and am really impressed by all the amazing content everyone's managed to produce, but this release really trumps all. Genesis is probably my favorite band, and Harmonix not releasing any material seemed a real missed opportunity. To see that this is being corrected with an eighty song release is absolutely astounding. Thanks for all the tremendous effort that must have gone into this. I can' t be more pleased with this news (it inspired me to register an account, after all).

That said, I can't help but speculate what songs will be chosen besides those that have been announced. By my count there's fifty songs shown so far. Here's hoping to see The Knife, Watcher of the Skies, Dance on a Volcano, Jesus He Knows Me, basically the whole first side of Abacab, and (dare I ask?) Supper's Ready.

I had no idea it was collins singing on "more fool me" until I read about it on the net. Listening to it now I can certainly hear a difference, but for me it's kind of like technical mistakes in films or television, where you usually don't really notice them until they're pointed out to you. Collins really was the perfect replacement for gabriel after he left.

That and For Absent Friends, the only 2 songs where Phil Collins took lead before Gabriel left. And yes, you have no idea how many people react just like you did. Then again, when a song is sung with some presence, you just can't mix the 2 up. Of course, as you point out, once you know you notice, but otherwise it's difficult. Carpet Crawlers is another good example.

I'm surprised nobody started a "guess which songs we'll get that we don't know of yet" thread or discussion. :D

Honestly everything I ever could have asked for has already been revealed by the video, but if I had to guess I'd guess supper's ready (on top of this staggering amount of content, it wouldn't even surprise me at this point) :v:

Other guesses would be the knife, the fountain of salmacis, maybe watcher of the skies or get 'em out by friday.

I don't reply or respond to much here on the C3 page but don't get me wrong, I enjoy every Friday, looking at all the great songs you bad-asses release! This Genesis release is truly awesome. I'm going to celebrate my Birthday weekend, jamming out to some Genesis! This is great! Thanks for all your time and effort that go into making these songs and making something new available every week. I know the time and patience needed to do this cause you guys have inspired me to make my own customs (which I've never uploaded but will sometime when I feel their ready and near C3 standards). So two words for you guys.... You-Rock!!!

So I've been obsessing over this pack all day. And since Farottone was "surprised that nobody started a guess which songs we'll get that we don't know of yet thread or discussion", I thought I'd put one together.

I don't know if its protocol here to just throw this on an announcement thread. But I couldn't find a way to put it in a general discussion thread. Any mod can feel free to move it. I don't care where it winds up, I'm just excited to see Genesis fans discussing their DLC.

It's amazing that this is only just a little more than half the songs coming next week. 48 songs. (Although Slippermen is technically 3 songs on the Lamb release. So maybe it's already 50 songs, but we're not going to kill C3 over ripping us off.)

From Genesis to Revelation (1969)

Trespass (1970)

Nursery Cryme (1971) (1 song)

The Musical Box

Foxtrot (1972)

Selling England By The Pound (1973) (8 songs)

Dancing With The Moonlit Knight

I Know What I Like ( In Your Wardobe)

Firth of Fifth

More Fool Me

The Bettle Of Epping Forest

After The Ordeal

The Cinema Show

Aisle of Plenty

The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway (1974) (23 songs)

The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway

Fly on a Windsheild

Broadway Melody of 1974

Cuckoo Cocoon

In The Cage

The Grand Parade of Lifeless Packaging

--

Back in N.Y.C.

Hairless Heart

Counting Out Time

The Carpet Crawlers

The Chamber of 32 Doors

--

Lilywhite Lillith

The Waiting Room

Anyway

Here Comes the Supernatural Anesthetist

The Lamia

Silent Sorry in Empty Boats

--

The Colony of Slippermen* (3 parts)

Ravine

The Light Dies Down on Broadway

Riding the Scene

In the Rapids

It

A Trick Of The Tail (1976)

Wind & Wuthering (1976)

...And Then There Were Three (1978)

Follow You Follow Me

Duke (1980) (2 songs)

Turn It On Again

Abacab (1981)

Genesis (1983) (3 songs)

Mama

That's All

Home By The Sea

Invisible Touch (1986) (8 songs)

Invisible Touch

Tonight, Tonight, Tonight

Land Of Confusion

In Too Deep

Anything She Does

Domino

Throwing It All Away

The Brazilian

We Can't Dance (1991) (3 songs)

No Son Of Mine

We Can't Dance

Fading Lights

FILL OUT THE REMAINING TRACKLIST!

This is what we know we're getting. PLEASE speculate as to the other 30+ songs that are coming in this pack. Look at those albums with no songs! There's so many amazing songs yet announced.

(Lastly, I don't think Supper's Ready is technologically possible. Let's temper our expectations.

And if I'm wrong, C3 are gods, and may they have mercy on my repentant soul]

Here's What I hope to see:

Trespass (1970)

The Knife

Looking for Someone

Nursery Cryme (1971) (1 song)

Return of the Giant Hogweed

The Fountain of Salmacis

Foxtrot (1972)

Watcher of the Skies

Get Em Out By Friday

Can-Utility and the Coastliners

Supper's Ready

A Trick Of The Tail (1976)

Dance On a Volcano

Entangled

Mad Mad Moon

Ripples

Los Endos

Wind & Wuthering (1976)

Eleventh Earl of Mar

One for the Vine

Wot Gorilla

Unquiet Slumbers for the Sleepers…

…In That Quiet Earth

Afterglow

...And Then There Were Three (1978)

The Lady Lies

Burning Rope

Duke (1980) (2 songs)

Behind the Lines

Abacab (1981)

No Reply At All

Make it happen! Lol :P

It is definitely technically possible. That doesn't mean someone is crazy enough to do it. We'll have to see next Friday.

I literally don't know if I would be able to emotionally handle that.

I know "literally" is thrown around a lot and people like to correct its usage on the internet, but it's accurate. I mean I truly don't know how long I would sit on my floor, elated, scared, excited, intimidated, and overjoyed that I was about to interact with that song, more than just singing in my car.

I really want to see Behind The Lines/Duchess off Duke. Years back, I found a Youtube video of some middle-aged schmuck playing along to Behind The Lines on an electric kit, in a closet, with headphones. And he was great. Spot on. It made me realize the stuff you can do with an electric kit and not destroy the neighbors and family. I've become that schmuck.

Of course, the first thing I did when I got my kit was try and do the same thing. I was off, obviously. But I keep trying. It'd be lovely to have actual visual representation to play along with.

God, I really want "Watcher Of The Skies" too. Those drums would be so fun. AUGH! I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS IS ACTUALLY HAPPENING!!!!

I know "literally" is thrown around a lot and people like to correct its usage on the internet, but it's accurate. I mean I truly don't know how long I would sit on my floor, elated, scared, excited, intimidated, and overjoyed that I was about to interact with that song, more than just singing in my car.

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/literally

Lastly, I don't think Supper's Ready is technologically possible. Let's temper our expectations.

I would think it is possible, based on what was released this week.

I kinda glossed over Dream Theater, sorry. Never was a fan. What happened this week?

Look at the blog post, particularly the visualizers to find the song lengths.

Okay, I have re-uploaded and checked, and Octavarium should be correct now. I hope you all enjoy it. Between C3, RBN and HMX's offerings, it's probably the longest song in Rock Band yet.

I mean, I'm pretty sure it's longer than Supp--I mean, a song that Octavarium itself references. :D

I think this should answer any questions.
Okay, I have re-uploaded and checked, and Octavarium should be correct now. I hope you all enjoy it. Between C3, RBN and HMX's offerings, it's probably the longest song in Rock Band yet.

I mean, I'm pretty sure it's longer than Supp--I mean, a song that Octavarium itself references. :D

Actually, it doesn't because it's an inside joke of the authors chat. :) In Octavarium the lyrics reference to Supper's Ready and with Lowlander in the chat we joked about it. This doesn't mean I'm confirming we did NOT author it, it just means it's not a leak. Also, pretty please, if any of you don't find what they wanted, including Supper's Ready, don't be disappointed, something had to give...

Actually, it doesn't because it's an inside joke of the authors chat. :) In Octavarium the lyrics reference to Supper's Ready and with Lowlander in the chat we joked about it. This doesn't mean I'm confirming we did NOT author it, it just means it's not a leak. Also, pretty please, if any of you don't find what they wanted, including Supper's Ready, don't be disappointed, something had to give...

You're killing me...

BTW, I can't imagine anybody would be disappointed about what is or isn't in this pack. "Oh. Supper's Ready isn't in this pack? Maybe I can just placate myself with one of these 80 other Genesis songs"