Introducing Genesis Chronicles!

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#21 afcchamp88

afcchamp88
  • 38 posts

Posted November 5, 2014 - 06:07 PM

Can we donate for "site maintenance?" I don't see a link anywhere.

#22 Gigakoops

Gigakoops

Resident Movie Nerd

• 1,088 posts

Posted November 5, 2014 - 06:19 PM

Nice to see the Rolling Stones extra but honestly... I only want one specific song of theirs. "You Can't Always Get What You Want".

Where was Rolling Stones added?

#23 chexmixho

chexmixho
  • 664 posts

Posted November 5, 2014 - 06:41 PM

Nice to see the Rolling Stones extra but honestly... I only want one specific song of theirs. "You Can't Always Get What You Want".

I was confused about this too but didn't bother to reply. I am hoping after watching a video about a song pack this big that there couldn't be any way someone could complain about a song not being included and I hope I just misread your post...

#24 beastman

beastman
  • 149 posts

Posted November 5, 2014 - 06:44 PM

Hey, I win on my "over/under at 47 songs, take the over" bet from the other thread!

For the record, I based that on an off-hand comment I read about this project compared to the Lego Rock Band song count and somebody's wife being disappointed or not disappointed. :)

#25 Jusey1

Jusey1
  • 658 posts

Posted November 5, 2014 - 06:53 PM

If you watched video #3 of this, it says at one point "Experience one of Rolling Stone's top 10 best progressive albums of all time: Selling England By The Pound".

We are getting a Rolling Stones album with this Genesis release... Did ya not notice?
~My Customs~
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1111

~My Custom Fixes and Upgrades~
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1569

#26 Jusey1

Jusey1
  • 658 posts

Posted November 5, 2014 - 06:54 PM

I was confused about this too but didn't bother to reply. I am hoping after watching a video about a song pack this big that there couldn't be any way someone could complain about a song not being included and I hope I just misread your post...

I was never complaining... I was just saying that it is cool that we are getting a Rolling Stones album with Genesis but I just only cared for one specific song by Rolling Stones. I have no idea if we are getting that specific song or not actually so I can't complain about anything anyways...
~My Customs~

#27 Nyxyxylyth

Nyxyxylyth

Magnificent Bastard

• Administrator
  • 1,372 posts

Posted November 5, 2014 - 06:57 PM

it is cool that we are getting a Rolling Stones album with Genesis but I just only cared for one specific song by Rolling Stones. I have no idea if we are getting that specific song or not actually so I can't complain about anything anyways...

There is a magazine called Rolling Stone - not to be confused with the band The Rolling Stones.

#28 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 4,749 posts

Posted November 5, 2014 - 07:04 PM

If you watched video #3 of this, it says at one point "Experience one of Rolling Stone's top 10 best progressive albums of all time: Selling England By The Pound".

We are getting a Rolling Stones album with this Genesis release... Did ya not notice?

Posted Image

#29 Jusey1

Jusey1
  • 658 posts

Posted November 5, 2014 - 07:10 PM

There is a magazine called Rolling Stone - not to be confused with the band The Rolling Stones.

I've never heard of this magazine.
~My Customs~

#30 funkydunkleman

funkydunkleman
  • 678 posts

Posted November 5, 2014 - 07:12 PM

Wait, I'm confused, so you're saying I won't be able to play these songs on my Sega Genesis?

:(

That should have been made that clearer in the video.

My Customs (Now only ⅔ ACDC!)

#31 EdTanguy

EdTanguy
  • 291 posts

Posted November 5, 2014 - 08:29 PM

What the hell? I thought i could finally play the first book of the Bible in it's entirety from the audiobook cassettes

#32 Farottone

Farottone

The Lean Mean Customs Charting Machine

• Administrator
  • 6,130 posts

Posted November 5, 2014 - 08:42 PM

Everybody calm down. All songs in the pack are Rolling Stones covers of the Genesis originals, edited for the Sega Megadrive. Sorry but that was frankly very clear from the video.

#33 CrazyCanuck

CrazyCanuck
  • 389 posts

Posted November 5, 2014 - 08:45 PM

Hang on here. So we are not getting the soundtrack to Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan?
Seriously though, is Rolling Stone not required reading? At the very least prior knowledge? Another awesome thread side tracked by the less informed :confused:

AND STAY OFF MY LAWN :)

#34 Nightmare Lyra

Nightmare Lyra

Ukulele Hero

• 1,957 posts

Posted November 5, 2014 - 08:56 PM

Publicly mocking and shaming people eh? Aren't we done with this crap already?

horror_movie_special fan club member

#35 iammax

iammax
  • 613 posts

Posted November 5, 2014 - 08:56 PM

I enjoy the way this topic has gone

#36 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 4,749 posts

Posted November 5, 2014 - 10:10 PM

Publicly mocking and shaming people eh? Aren't we done with this crap already?

Posted Image

Not sure if you really want an answer to that question, so I won't answer it.

But cheesy jesus christ. It's 2014. There's Google. If you don't understand something, Google it before making assumptions and then proceeding to post multiple times based on those assumptions.

Even if he lived under a rock, and somehow likes a game called Rock Band but has never heard of the rock magazine, it still makes absolutely no sense to assume as he did given what has been posted so far and the other videos released.

#37 Dash Riprock

Dash Riprock

C3U Moderator

• 559 posts

Posted November 5, 2014 - 10:55 PM

The Internet is in dire need of a sarcasm font. :P

In other news, this is destined to be the best release ever. :dance:

Thanks to all involved for the astonishing amount of work that had to go into this. :excited:

░   C3 Universe  |  C3 Database  |  My Profile  |  Feedback  |  WiP : Steely Dan - Haitian Divorce   ░▒▓█ 

#38 mazegeek999

mazegeek999
  • 115 posts

Posted November 5, 2014 - 11:40 PM

I thought there were going to be like 20 songs or so, but 80 songs? Wtf. Just wtf.

#39 k-mac

k-mac
  • 227 posts

Posted November 6, 2014 - 12:08 AM

Holy crap, this is more than double what my most substantial guess was. Words cannot really describe the amazement felt by this release. What an incredible project. I have to bow down to the authors for their tireless and boundless work. I'm just flabbergasted by the immensity of this freakin' pack. You guys are my heroes.

#40 Fence

Fence
  • 29 posts

Posted November 6, 2014 - 01:25 AM

Wow. So you guys just went ahead and created the largest single-band release for Rock Band ever, didn't ya? Incredible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users