Ruck Bogers 22's Customs (29th January: First 3 tracks from Hope of the States' debut LP)

Full band

• Please log in to reply
489 replies to this topic

#461 PopGoesRockBand

PopGoesRockBand
  • 800 posts

Posted June 13, 2016 - 12:25 PM

Did you see My Deliriumbin my wip list?

This is the reason I hate doing customs :(

But I'm sure you would of done a better job anyways :P

Did you add animations and use the diy vocals for the lip sync?

Is this really nessasary, buck is a fantastic author who works very hard, but has a job, if we all avoided wip list then there would be no songs to do, lets not tarnish this great great pack and rock out guys and have fun!

#462 The_Guitar_Hero_King

The_Guitar_Hero_King
  • 868 posts

Posted June 13, 2016 - 01:02 PM

Did you mix the song? Just don't sound the same as I remember the song.

If I remember the stems did not have the song mixed right?

Is this really nessasary, buck is a fantastic author who works very hard, but has a job, if we all avoided wip list then there would be no songs to do, lets not tarnish this great great pack and rock out guys and have fun!

Did I say I was angry about it? Did I say the chart is bad?

I'm really fucking annoyed with people picking on me.
Do you like lot's of Muse, my thread has it Here
Other bands on my thread are Arctic Monkeys, Katy Perry and Metallica & Ozzy Osbourne.

#463 Ruck Bogers 22

Ruck Bogers 22
  • 258 posts

Posted June 13, 2016 - 01:10 PM

I did mix the song yes, I've tweaked some levels depending on the parts being played, raised the keys volume etc. Leaving it as it was would've made it very difficult to hear the parts charted. The stems I found had a full mix included but I didn't use it. I've known the song since it came out and I think it sounds fine in the game, but yes, it will sound slightly different.

I'm charting again! Check out My Customs - featuring Muse, Coldplay, Oasis, Kings of Leon, Blur, Snow Patrol, RATM, Death Cab, New Radicals and more!

Feeder Discography Project - Newest Release - Swim EP

Works in Progress

#464 Farottone

Farottone

The Lean Mean Customs Charting Machine

• Administrator
  • 5,797 posts

Posted June 13, 2016 - 01:54 PM

Let's all turn down the intensity a notch. It is very frustrating seeing a song you're working on being released by someone else and I don't think his remarks were out of line at all, Tails. Rock Bogers explained himself, no need to pile on. However, it's now at least 3 distinct instances where somebody claims to be picked on when that is simply not true, and that also has no place here.

Work on songs you don't care for only to release them for other people at your own peril: your first "customer" should be yourself, so that if anyone works on that song the worst that can happen is that you can stop working on it and enjoy it yourself.

#465 mcatrn

mcatrn
  • 281 posts

Posted June 13, 2016 - 08:58 PM

Lovely stuff.  Thank you for your hard work, Ruck.  

#466 Ruck Bogers 22

Ruck Bogers 22
  • 258 posts

Posted June 23, 2016 - 01:01 PM

NEW - 23rd June

Feeder's Swim EP

20 years ago tomorrow, Feeder released their second EP, following 1995's Two Colours. Swim featured 6 tracks which mainly showcased the band's grunge-y style of the time, heavily influenced by bands such as Smashing Pumpkins and Manic Street Preachers, as well as their softer side with the closing title track. The EP received some rave reviews but didn't make much of an impact commercially, which is a shame because these are some amazing songs.

Those of you who played Gran Turismo in the 90s may well recognise Sweet 16 and Shade as instrumental versions of them were featured on the soundtrack. Stereo World was later released as the band's first single, complete with a fantastically low-budget video, complete with orange jumpsuits long before Slipknot.

A couple of notes on some of the charting included here:

- A lot of these songs (especially Stereo World and Descend) have a few layered guitars. I've picked out what I think are the most prominent and/or most fun to play at any given time.

- Stereo World normally ends with a fade-out. I've tried to level out the audio in the fade-out and give it a proper ending with a bit of reverb. So if it sounds a bit weird towards the end, my bad :)

- The drums in the intro/verses of Descend include a hi-hat sound, but I'm led to believe from live performance videos that this is played with the foot, so it is not included. It has been animated as such, though.

- Shade features my first ever Big Rock Ending - it seemed to be working okay in playtesting but let me know if there are any issues as I've not used them before!

If you're a fan of 90s rock, I'd urge you to give these a try - Descend is the highlight for me, dark and brooding verses and huge choruses. Shade is pretty full-on and challenging on all instruments. You couldn't get much further from Buck Rogers if you tried. Enjoy!

gM4GiTf.jpg

Feeder - Sweet 16

bigXFxE.jpg

Feeder - Stereo World

JqJSWdM.jpg

Feeder - W.I.T.

B26n0OG.jpg

Feeder - Descend

fO3KTIk.jpg

Feeder - Shade

ozUEbZ2.jpg

Feeder - Swim

I'm charting again! Check out My Customs - featuring Muse, Coldplay, Oasis, Kings of Leon, Blur, Snow Patrol, RATM, Death Cab, New Radicals and more!

Works in Progress

#467 RedVIII

RedVIII
  • 66 posts

Posted June 23, 2016 - 01:39 PM

Hey, didn't realize you are back Ruck! Nice surprise. Not a big Feeder fan though. Seeing your avatar still makes we want to finally get some Sigur Ros in Rock Band. ;) I charted Untitled 8 once myself, but I'm not 100% happy with it, so I never released it. Maybe something like Salka or Hjomalind work better.

#468 Ruck Bogers 22

Ruck Bogers 22
  • 258 posts

Posted June 23, 2016 - 01:44 PM

Hey, didn't realize you are back Ruck! Nice surprise. Not a big Feeder fan though. Seeing your avatar still makes we want to finally get some Sigur Ros in Rock Band. ;) I charted Untitled 8 once myself, but I'm not 100% happy with it, so I never released it. Maybe something like Salka or Hjomalind work better.

Don't worry, I'll still be releasing other things besides Feeder :)

Some Sigur Rós would definitely work better than others - I'd be tempted to try a bit sometime too but it's a bit daunting...!

Works in Progress

#469 dufc1983

dufc1983
  • 86 posts

Posted June 23, 2016 - 03:46 PM

Don't forget more dogs haha

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

#470 mcatrn

mcatrn
  • 281 posts

Posted June 23, 2016 - 07:08 PM

Thank you, Ruck! Never heard of Feeder before this but checked out Feeling the Moment after it first posted. Immediately reminded me of Manic Street Preachers.

#471 RedVIII

RedVIII
  • 66 posts

Posted June 23, 2016 - 07:57 PM

Don't worry, I'll still be releasing other things besides Feeder :)

Some Sigur Rós would definitely work better than others - I'd be tempted to try a bit sometime too but it's a bit daunting...!

I get what you're saying, it's just sad not having anything by them. But whatever you do, don't go for Goobligook (probably the only Sigur Ros track I don't really like haha).

Also, I just noticed, M83 is nowhere to be found!? What is going on here. Lower Your Eyelids To Die With The Sun! A bit too synth heavy maybe? I guess I just really wanna drum that haha. :D

#472 rezavakili

rezavakili
  • 256 posts

Posted June 24, 2016 - 01:01 AM

Thanks a lot for these awesome songs. Love feeder thanks to your customs.

#473 TheFalconZ

TheFalconZ
  • 2 posts

Posted June 24, 2016 - 12:54 PM

I just have a quick question for you Ruck: do you plan to chart other Muse songs like the rest of Drones? Because it seems that their was the whole album but only your 3 charts remained. (Don't know if that question was already asked, sorry if it was.)

By the way: amazing charts. I love it.

#474 The_Guitar_Hero_King

The_Guitar_Hero_King
  • 868 posts

Posted June 24, 2016 - 01:44 PM

I just have a quick question for you Ruck: do you plan to chart other Muse songs like the rest of Drones? Because it seems that their was the whole album but only your 3 charts remained. (Don't know if that question was already asked, sorry if it was.)

I had the rest of the album uploaded here but not revolt and also [Drill Sergeant] and [JFK] (There nothing much :P)

But they got copyright so i had to remove them.

Do you like lot's of Muse, my thread has it Here
Other bands on my thread are Arctic Monkeys, Katy Perry and Metallica & Ozzy Osbourne.

#475 Ruck Bogers 22

Ruck Bogers 22
  • 258 posts

Posted June 24, 2016 - 03:10 PM

Firstly, thanks, glad you like the charts :)

As The_Rock_Band_King mentions, a lot of the other tracks were charted. It might be worth PM-ing him to see if he can send them over.

I don't have any immediate plans to chart more Muse songs, but they're always on my radar. I'd probably be more likely to do stuff from the first couple of albums, though.

Works in Progress

#476 pumpkinpie

pumpkinpie
  • 99 posts

Posted June 24, 2016 - 04:27 PM

never heard of Feeder before but checked out some youtube videos yesterday and loved them !

Cant wait to try these out and thanks for the customs !

Thats one thing i love about this game - I have discovered a lot of new music that I may not have otherwise !

#477 dufc1983

dufc1983
  • 86 posts

Posted June 24, 2016 - 05:50 PM

Mate did you chart girl from mars by ash previously? Sure it was you but can't find it :-(

#478 Ruck Bogers 22

Ruck Bogers 22
  • 258 posts

Posted June 24, 2016 - 07:13 PM

Glad to hear it pumpkinpie - more on the way! I've discovered so much music through Rock Band :)

dufc1983 - no I haven't done that one, I've done Petrol but that's it by Ash. Girl from Mars is great though - might give it a go sometime :)

Works in Progress

#479 dufc1983

dufc1983
  • 86 posts

Posted June 24, 2016 - 11:18 PM

Glad to hear it pumpkinpie - more on the way! I've discovered so much music through Rock Band :)

dufc1983 - no I haven't done that one, I've done Petrol but that's it by Ash. Girl from Mars is great though - might give it a go sometime :)

That would be awesome dude

#480 nineteenforever

nineteenforever
  • 175 posts

Posted June 25, 2016 - 08:47 AM

Just wanna say you've charted a ton of stuff I like and played over the years, so thanks for being an awesome author and if you need help on anything I do collaborate.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Full band

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users