Ruck Bogers 22's Customs (29th January: First 3 tracks from Hope of the States' debut LP)

Full band

• Please log in to reply
490 replies to this topic

#1 Ruck Bogers 22

Ruck Bogers 22
  • 258 posts

Posted October 16, 2014 - 07:30 PM

Hi everyone! I'm currently on a hiatus from my university studies, so I've got more time for customs again!  :)

NEW - 29th January

rYnA6PZ.jpg

Hope of the States - The Black Amnesias

efIjZak.jpg

Hope of the States - Enemies/Friends

JwptaNr.jpg

Hope of the States - 66 Sleepers to Summer

I'm in the process of charting this whole album, but thought I'd share what I've done so far. Hope of the States are a (sadly) defunct band from the UK, who released two albums. These are the first three tracks from their debut, which received a lot of attention on release for good and bad reasons. Good, because it was their first release after an intense bidding war from a range of major labels, and bad because founder-member Jimmi Lawrence tragically committed suicide just as the album was being finished.

The album gained a lot of critical acclaim, including a 9/10 rating from the NME, and generated three top-30 singles, but sales were lower than hoped. The band released a second album, Left, in 2006, but disbanded shortly afterwards.

The Lost Riots remains one of my favourite albums of all time, if not THE favourite. The band is somewhere between Godspeed-style post-rock and feel-good indie. A lot of their songs have a certain sombreness (although unrelated to Jimmi's death, as all the first album's lyrics were completed before he died) but nearly all have an element of hope. The band's message could best be summed up by the coda of Enemies/Friends: "Come on people, keep your friends close, your enemies won't matter in the end".

I'll be adding more from this album, and others from their discography, in due course, but I really hope you enjoy these for now.

PREVIOUS RELEASES

...And You Will Know Us by the Trail of Dead

Alan Partridge & Gina Langland

All Saints

Architecture in Helsinki

Ash

Big Country

Black Kids

Blur

Charli XCX

Coldplay

Cold War Kids

The Cribs

The Cure

Death Cab for Cutie

Does It Offend You, Yeah?

Dogs

The Drums

Empire of the Sun

Feeder

Florence + the Machine

Foals

Giant Drag

Grandaddy

The Griswolds

H is Orange

Interpol

Jean Michel Jarre

Jethro Tull

The Joy Formidable

Junior Senior

Kings of Leon

Ladyhawke

Lily Allen

Manic Street Preachers

Mike Oldfield

Morning Runner

Muse

New Radicals

Nine Black Alps

Oasis

One Direction

Patrick Rondat

Radiohead

Rage Against the Machine

Robbie Williams

Shakin' Stevens

Snow Patrol

The Stills

The Stranglers

The Streets

We Are Scientists

yourcodenameis:milo

Please feel free to leave any comments or suggestions - you're welcome to make requests if you like but don't hold your breath about them being made anytime soon ;) enjoy!

I'm charting again! Check out My Customs - featuring Muse, Coldplay, Oasis, Kings of Leon, Blur, Snow Patrol, RATM, Death Cab, New Radicals and more!

Feeder Discography Project - Newest Release - Swim EP

Works in Progress

#2 prototypepariah

prototypepariah
  • 73 posts

Posted October 16, 2014 - 07:51 PM

First, welcome!!

excited to try the coldplay song.

Love the death cab choices, and think trail of dead is a great add for RB. Thought they'd be a good band to play for a while now.Looking forward to that as well!

#3 Ruck Bogers 22

Ruck Bogers 22
  • 258 posts

Posted October 16, 2014 - 08:13 PM

First, welcome!!

excited to try the coldplay song.

Love the death cab choices, and think trail of dead is a great add for RB. Thought they'd be a good band to play for a while now.Looking forward to that as well!

Thank you! :) hope you enjoy it.

I think Trail of Dead are long overdue for RB - better late than never! I'll get them to you asap ;)

I'm charting again! Check out My Customs - featuring Muse, Coldplay, Oasis, Kings of Leon, Blur, Snow Patrol, RATM, Death Cab, New Radicals and more!

Works in Progress

#4 clumsy_plumsy

clumsy_plumsy
  • 82 posts

Posted October 16, 2014 - 08:20 PM

Ooo more excellent picks for the future! You have top-notch taste, sir.

#5 funkydunkleman

funkydunkleman
  • 678 posts

Posted October 17, 2014 - 12:44 AM

Looking forward to the Feeder tracks. :)

My Customs (Now only ⅔ ACDC!)

#6 mcgg38

mcgg38
  • 23 posts

Posted October 17, 2014 - 01:37 AM

Wow, thank you for Don't Panic! I love the song and Coldplay's debut album is my favorite :)

#7 questionmark

questionmark
  • 548 posts

Posted October 17, 2014 - 02:25 AM

Trail of Dead - Mistakes and Regrets??????

That would be phenomenal! I would also be excited for he Death Cab and Feeder. Good stuff!

#8 TheThief

TheThief
  • 58 posts

Posted October 17, 2014 - 02:59 AM

Always cool to see new authors. I'm downloading your song now, and will try it when I get a chance.

#9 RatuDave

RatuDave
  • 5 posts

Posted October 17, 2014 - 09:13 PM

Looking forward to giving Don't Panic a go. Would love to see some Feeder!!! Keep up the good work!

#10 xzeldax3

xzeldax3
  • 99 posts

Posted October 20, 2014 - 07:09 AM

I am so glad you are doing Death Cab! I really can't believe RB only got one song by them.

#11 Ruck Bogers 22

Ruck Bogers 22
  • 258 posts

Posted November 4, 2014 - 01:45 PM

NEW - 4th November - Updated 14th November

Posted Image

As far as I know, this is The Drums' debut in Rock Band, with probably their most famous song. It's pretty repetitive (sorry especially to bassists), but still good fun to play. I have charted the whistling onto Keys.

Works in Progress

#12 EcoFreak

EcoFreak
  • 228 posts

Posted November 4, 2014 - 04:19 PM

buck rogers, just a day, feel the moment........ lets go!

#13 Ruck Bogers 22

Ruck Bogers 22
  • 258 posts

Posted November 4, 2014 - 05:15 PM

Buck Rogers and Feeling A Moment are underway - in fact, I have multitracks for Feeling A Moment :)

I will add Just A Day to the to-do list! :)

Works in Progress

#14 questionmark

questionmark
  • 548 posts

Posted November 4, 2014 - 05:33 PM

Super excited for Songs from Transatlanticism. I hope you will consider "The Sound of Settling."

And I know I said it before, but I can't wait for Mistakes & Regrets. I wonder if that will be the longest band name in the game? :)

#15 EdTanguy

EdTanguy
  • 291 posts

Posted November 4, 2014 - 05:40 PM

OH THAT SONGGGGGGG I remember this! also Feeling a Moment is a big yes from me!

#16 TylerFG

TylerFG
  • 106 posts

Posted November 4, 2014 - 09:54 PM

Buck Rogers and Feeling A Moment are underway - in fact, I have multitracks for Feeling A Moment :)

I approve.
The Rock Band forums #1 Posies Fanboy. Also official Phase Shift customs converter.

#17 EcoFreak

EcoFreak
  • 228 posts

Posted November 5, 2014 - 09:08 AM

ofcourse its called feel a moment , feel the moment is part of the lyrics

#18 Ruck Bogers 22

Ruck Bogers 22
  • 258 posts

Posted November 5, 2014 - 08:18 PM

Buck Rogers is nearly finished - need to do EMH reductions and a few animation events which I'm hoping to get done tomorrow :) glad people are looking forward to it!

Works in Progress

#19 EdTanguy

EdTanguy
  • 291 posts

Posted November 5, 2014 - 08:58 PM

Buck Rogers is nearly finished - need to do EMH reductions and a few animation events which I'm hoping to get done tomorrow :) glad people are looking forward to it!

First heard it on a red dwarf bonus DVD and fell in love, asked to perform it when trying out for a band and i already knew it off by heart, VERY MUCH looking forward to it

#20 Ruck Bogers 22

Ruck Bogers 22
  • 258 posts

Posted November 6, 2014 - 05:08 PM

EDIT - Updated 14th November

Posted Image

Here it is - the long overdue (IMHO) Rock Band debut of Feeder! If you don't recognise the title, check out the video, and it may well sound familiar. I've really enjoyed making this custom and was very eager to share it so it hasn't been rigorously play-tested yet - if any issues come up, please let me know :)

Works in Progress

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Full band

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users