Announcing…Genesis Chronicles! (3 of 4)

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#41 fruitloops

fruitloops
  • 56 posts

Posted October 10, 2014 - 04:09 AM

This is free content from volunteers. I think about how many amazing C3 customs I have and what I didn't have to pay to get them. Then I think about how many songs HMX couldn't provide but C3 has and continues to. Then I read someone posting "You really should have charted [my personal favorite] instead."
C'mon, people, there has never been less to complain about. ;)

Just to add to this ,another thing to remember, especially when there is a pack (and I use that term looslely here) the charters may be charting a song they really don't care for. Nothing worse than charting a song, listening to it 500? times, getting it stuck in your head, hating it even more than when you started and still having to give 100% effort into charting it correctly. At the end of it all, they will get a few "thank you"s and they start the process all over again. Their dedication is amazing.

#42 Spindoctor

Spindoctor
  • 1,277 posts

Posted October 10, 2014 - 04:12 AM

After getting 7 years of songs and not a whiff of this band, you dream about playing your favorites. Of course people will want to see their favorite songs, and be slightly disappointed if they aren't included, but that's not because they aren't appreciative of the work and doesn't mean they don't appreciate what they are getting.

Thanks to everyone involved in this.

Human nature is a funny thing. Even when we receive things with zero effort output, you're absolutely right, we get bummed about what we didn't get. But the way for us all to show appreciation for what we did get is to avoid posts with sentences that start "Too bad you didn't", "I wish you had" and "I was hoping for". IMO, none of those belong in the C3 Release thread, they belong in the Song Requests thread where Nightmare Lyra is our friendly guide. :)

This is free content from volunteers. I think about how many amazing C3 customs I have and what I didn't have to pay to get them. Then I think about how many songs HMX couldn't provide but C3 has and continues to. Then I read someone posting "You really should have charted [my personal favorite] instead."
C'mon, people, there has never been less to complain about. ;)

Great post Colonel

Links to all songs are in the Customs database.

Rock with the Doc at c3Universe

"Music can change the world because it can change people"  

Bono

#43 khimbar

khimbar
  • 102 posts

Posted October 10, 2014 - 10:13 AM

Just caught up with the news on this.

As mentioned before I'm not a massive Genesis fan, I recognised some from the trailer but not all.

I am stupidly excited about this though. If just for the ones I do know. If you're a fan, this must be one hell of a wait for you.

Epic project, my hat is doffed to you all.

#44 rezavakili

rezavakili
  • 445 posts

Posted October 10, 2014 - 05:21 PM

:) I just wanted to say thank you and wish you lots of good will and energy. Much appreciated.

#45 Gunstar

Gunstar
  • 22 posts

Posted October 10, 2014 - 07:25 PM

Awesome stuff, you picked the 2 albums i'd want in full, and plenty of excellent choices in the other cuts so far. If "I Can't Dance" makes it in, then i'm 100% covered. If not, well, its still a hell of a good batting average for my personal tastes. So hyped for this guys, amazing project!

#46 Farottone

Farottone

The Lean Mean Customs Charting Machine

• Administrator
  • 6,464 posts

Posted October 10, 2014 - 07:35 PM

Awesome stuff, you picked the 2 albums i'd want in full

Those are probably the 2 best albums to have in full in general, regarding Genesis. One modern, one classic, both full of iconic songs. :)

#47 WolfgangJT

WolfgangJT
  • 158 posts

Posted October 10, 2014 - 08:08 PM

Whoa...just saw this...really awesome. :)

#48 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 2,114 posts

Posted October 28, 2014 - 04:15 PM

Why isn't it November 14th yet? :(

#49 Farottone

Farottone

• Administrator
  • 6,464 posts

Posted October 28, 2014 - 05:05 PM

Why isn't it November 14th yet? :(

Because if it was November 14th already we would probably all jump out of a window in a state if panic. :D

November 5th is looming though, with the last teaser. It's gonna be good, it's gonna be real good. ;)

#50 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 2,114 posts

Posted October 28, 2014 - 05:21 PM

This is probably the my most anticipated collection of tracks since the official Hendrix tracks from Harmonix based on amount of songs and love of the artist

#51 Chips

Chips
  • 421 posts

Posted October 30, 2014 - 07:50 AM

I couldn't be more happy that we're getting firth of fifth as a full band custom, as it's been on the top of my list of songs I've always wanted in RB for years, but I really don't even have words to describe how kick-ass it is that the rest of the album is coming with it

#52 Fence

Fence
  • 29 posts

Posted October 30, 2014 - 06:52 PM

Can't wait to see if your Foxtrot song is Watcher of the Skies, or if someone really felt masochistic and charted Supper's Ready.

#53 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 4,974 posts

Posted October 30, 2014 - 06:54 PM

Ha.

#54 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 2,114 posts

Posted October 30, 2014 - 06:58 PM

Can't wait to see if your Foxtrot song is Watcher of the Skies, or if someone really felt masochistic and charted Supper's Ready.

A Flower?

#55 Farottone

Farottone

• Administrator
  • 6,464 posts

Posted October 30, 2014 - 07:12 PM

Your avatar is awesome. :)

#56 Fence

Fence
  • 29 posts

Posted October 30, 2014 - 08:08 PM

Your avatar is awesome. :)

Yeah, there's no mystery regarding my opinion of this release, eh? I just stumbled upon this crazy place a few weeks ago, and it has completely revitalized what had been flagging interest amongst my Rock Band group over the course of the last DLC-free year. What you guys are doing is utterly fantastic. Thank you all very much.

#57 Farottone

Farottone

• Administrator
  • 6,464 posts

Posted October 30, 2014 - 10:19 PM

Yeah, there's no mystery regarding my opinion of this release, eh? I just stumbled upon this crazy place a few weeks ago, and it has completely revitalized what had been flagging interest amongst my Rock Band group over the course of the last DLC-free year. What you guys are doing is utterly fantastic. Thank you all very much.

Good to know it's keeping the fire alive. :) We are all working very hard on Genesis not to disappoint any fan. ;)

#58 iammax

iammax
  • 651 posts

Posted October 31, 2014 - 12:38 AM

Edit: Nevermind

Thanks for all the hard work, I charted a bit back in the GH2 days and I realize how much work it is just to get out a barely functional thing, so a full band chart wiht great syncing and stuff must be killer to do on this scale

#59 Farottone

Farottone

• Administrator
  • 6,464 posts

Posted October 31, 2014 - 05:31 PM

Edit: Nevermind

Thanks for all the hard work, I charted a bit back in the GH2 days and I realize how much work it is just to get out a barely functional thing, so a full band chart wiht great syncing and stuff must be killer to do on this scale

If you play pro keys, you will not be disappointed. :)

#60 PilgriM80

PilgriM80
  • 66 posts

Posted November 2, 2014 - 08:38 AM

never really listened to genesis but man they have some good stuff.
just watched a new doco that just appeared called "Genesis-Together.and.Apart.2014".
getting excited now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users