Announcing…Genesis Chronicles! (3 of 4)

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#21 afcchamp88

afcchamp88
  • 38 posts

Posted October 8, 2014 - 05:42 PM

Were both albums announced? I saw Selling England, but didn't think I saw the other.

Noticed nothing in the videos from Trespass, Foxtrot or The Lamb yet.

#22 Farottone

Farottone

The Lean Mean Customs Charting Machine

• Administrator
  • 6,464 posts

Posted October 8, 2014 - 07:40 PM

Both announced and with some songs showcased in the video.

#23 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 2,116 posts

Posted October 9, 2014 - 12:54 AM

Of all bands especially prog bands this is the absolute best choice to make a truly epic release since their music sways so drastically from art rock to pop rock. There's something for everyone. I wonder though will there still be at least one song from all 14 albums or am I wrong that that was ever the case?

#24 Farottone

Farottone

• Administrator
  • 6,464 posts

Posted October 9, 2014 - 08:40 AM

Of all bands especially prog bands this is the absolute best choice to make a truly epic release since their music sways so drastically from art rock to pop rock. There's something for everyone. I wonder though will there still be at least one song from all 14 albums or am I wrong that that was ever the case?

There's going to be at least one song from each album except for Calling All Stations, because that really wasn't Genesis anymore.

#25 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 2,116 posts

Posted October 9, 2014 - 03:09 PM

Sounds wonderful. I was going to be happy if you did just one song per record but that plus 2 full albums :haw:

You guys will be on my Christmas card list :D

#26 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 4,974 posts

Posted October 9, 2014 - 03:30 PM

There's going to be at least one song from each album except for Calling All Stations, because that really wasn't Genesis anymore.

I'm a very simple guy so all these numbers are hurting my head. But by my calculations that means there's at least 30 songs being released in one pack? Holy crapola. :haw:

#27 Farottone

Farottone

• Administrator
  • 6,464 posts

Posted October 9, 2014 - 03:59 PM

I'm a very simple guy so all these numbers are hurting my head. But by my calculations that means there's at least 30 songs being released in one pack? Holy crapola. :haw:

I am not sleeping.

#28 Kemiroch

Kemiroch
  • 716 posts

Posted October 9, 2014 - 04:00 PM

I'm really looking forward to this pack. Thanks in advance to the C3 folks for putting all the work in.

I grew up with Phil Collins/Genesis, so it makes me feel pretty old that it's no longer considered mainstream. Feeling out of touch with what music is acceptable for what has become my favorite music outlet is quite frustrating. I always considered the HMX mantra of 'only recent number 1 hits will be DLC' some of the most outrageous bullshit I've ever heard. Hearing that the creators themselves had to break that law in order to get this monster pack out makes me cheer and cry at the same time.

If only this game had come out on the Magnavox Odyssey, my favorite artists might be better represented :)

Sorry to derail into a rant; I am psyched about this release!

Check out Kem's Customs! Featuring The Sounds, The Donnas, George Thorogood, and The Rolling Stones.

WIPs.

Collaboration Thread!

#29 Farottone

Farottone

• Administrator
  • 6,464 posts

Posted October 9, 2014 - 04:16 PM

To be clear: there are a few Genesis songs that are very popular. It's mainly the Genesis/Invisible Touch/We Can't Dance era. What I meant by not mainstream is that I have a feeling the download numbers will not reflect the importance of the band.

With that said, no one cares around here. :D We're working hard to do a great job because we love these Genesis songs, regardless of the downloads. :) I love how some guys here have already perfectly nailed the spirit of the Chronicles project: experience the band's discography, in small samples (because even without sleeping 30 songs is a seriously insane amount of work, you probably might realise), over the course of 4 decades. And the cherry-picking on our part means you can download songs you don't know being sure that it's the cream of the crop of that era and maybe discover something new. Heck, I found out so many songs and acts through Rock Band I lost count. :)

#30 beastman

beastman
  • 149 posts

Posted October 9, 2014 - 04:24 PM

The number 30 keeps getting thrown around unofficially, but if I was a betting man I'd put the over/under at 47 and take the over.

#31 Farottone

Farottone

• Administrator
  • 6,464 posts

Posted October 9, 2014 - 04:29 PM

The number 30 keeps getting thrown around unofficially, but if I was a betting man I'd put the over/under at 47 and take the over.

Everybody, considering the amount of work we're clearly doing, please adjust all expectations in terms of number of songs and in terms of which songs will see the light of day. I'm really not kidding about this: please don't be disappointed if you get "only" 30-ish songs, please don't be disappointed if that Genesis song didn't make it. Just understand that when we do a full album of 15 songs is a huge effort, here we're talking about at least double that AND with songs being close to 10 minutes in length. Don't break our heart by saying "Uh, I expected more...". :D

#32 Kemiroch

Kemiroch
  • 716 posts

Posted October 9, 2014 - 04:38 PM

Don't break our heart by saying "Uh, I expected more...". :D

Invisible Touch was one of my two favorite albums growing up (the other being No Jacket Required). Getting that almost makes my year (nothing can top my own/Canuck's song, Brown Sugar), so with a lot of other Genesis songs coming along with it is just icing. You'll get no shortage of props from me.

Check out Kem's Customs! Featuring The Sounds, The Donnas, George Thorogood, and The Rolling Stones.

WIPs.

Collaboration Thread!

#33 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 2,116 posts

Posted October 9, 2014 - 04:47 PM

People will always find something to complain about but in this case if anyone does you should be smacked.

#34 Colonel 32dll

Colonel 32dll
  • 790 posts

Posted October 9, 2014 - 04:51 PM

Don't break our heart by saying "Uh, I expected more...":D

Anyone who says that should be perma-banned. They clearly would not have appreciated the endless hours of soul-draining effort put into this project and therefore should not be allowed to exist visit C3 anymore.

But I know you guys are too soft for that. Pass the banhammer over to Nemo - he'll execute the order with vim, vigor and aplomb! :v:

And if "Keep it Dark" doesn't make the cut, I'll just author it myself. Poorly, to be sure, but I'll do it!
You guys are awesome - keep it up!
:excited:

#35 Nightmare Lyra

Nightmare Lyra

Ukulele Hero

• 1,957 posts

Posted October 9, 2014 - 05:07 PM

No Pro Guitar for Land of Confusion? I expected more from Farottone and me! Worst release ever!

:D

Also for the record the above statement is of course a joke, please don't ban me

horror_movie_special fan club member

#36 chexmixho

chexmixho
  • 664 posts

Posted October 9, 2014 - 05:27 PM

Lol what? Are you drunk or just being sarcastic?

#37 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 4,974 posts

Posted October 9, 2014 - 05:54 PM

Also for the record the above statement is of course a joke, please don't ban me

Don't push your luck. Once I am given the banhanmer to wield, it takes a life of its own and I can't control it. The banhammer must have blood.

#38 beastman

beastman
  • 149 posts

Posted October 9, 2014 - 06:01 PM

Just speculation, not expectation. Please relax. Plus the reason I'm *not* a betting man is because I lose bets all the time. :D

#39 afcchamp88

afcchamp88
  • 38 posts

Posted October 9, 2014 - 07:38 PM

After getting 7 years of songs and not a whiff of this band, you dream about playing your favorites. Of course people will want to see their favorite songs, and be slightly disappointed if they aren't included, but that's not because they aren't appreciative of the work and doesn't mean they don't appreciate what they are getting.

Thanks to everyone involved in this.

#40 Colonel 32dll

Colonel 32dll
  • 790 posts

Posted October 9, 2014 - 09:43 PM

After getting 7 years of songs and not a whiff of this band, you dream about playing your favorites. Of course people will want to see their favorite songs, and be slightly disappointed if they aren't included, but that's not because they aren't appreciative of the work and doesn't mean they don't appreciate what they are getting.

Thanks to everyone involved in this.

Human nature is a funny thing. Even when we receive things with zero effort output, you're absolutely right, we get bummed about what we didn't get. But the way for us all to show appreciation for what we did get is to avoid posts with sentences that start "Too bad you didn't", "I wish you had" and "I was hoping for". IMO, none of those belong in the C3 Release thread, they belong in the Song Requests thread where Nightmare Lyra is our friendly guide. :)

This is free content from volunteers. I think about how many amazing C3 customs I have and what I didn't have to pay to get them. Then I think about how many songs HMX couldn't provide but C3 has and continues to. Then I read someone posting "You really should have charted [my personal favorite] instead."
C'mon, people, there has never been less to complain about. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users