Farottone

The Lean Mean Customs Charting Machine

• Administrator
  • 6,466 posts

Posted October 7, 2014 - 05:15 PM

Opened the image in Photoshop, lowered the contrast to minimum, and I got this:
Posted Image
utjjfkxy kczk ? :P

Yeah, pksage really REALLY hates explicitely telling you when the next teaser is going online. :D

#4 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 4,982 posts

Posted October 7, 2014 - 06:56 PM

There is no hype for this? I thought there'd be a hype train by now.

I don't know much about Genesis, but Selling England by the Pound = 8 songs, Invisible Touch = 8 songs, plus I counted at least 6 other songs shown in the video = at least 22 songs in one release. Holy crap :wth:

If you know more about Genesis you may be able to get a better count, but jeez that's a lot of songs :dance:

#5 Dash Riprock

Dash Riprock

C3U Moderator

• 600 posts

Posted October 7, 2014 - 07:01 PM

WOW! :wth:

Really?!? :excited:

:c00l:

Outstanding! :dance:
█▓▒░   C3 Universe  |  C3 Database  |  My Profile  | Feedback  |  WiP : A Mighty Wind  ░▒▓█ 

#6 BobQuentok

BobQuentok
  • 175 posts

Posted October 7, 2014 - 07:11 PM

I don't know much about Genesis, but Selling England by the Pound = 8 songs, Invisible Touch = 8 songs, plus I counted at least 6 other songs shown in the video = at least 22 songs in one release. Holy crap :wth:

If you know more about Genesis you may be able to get a better count, but jeez that's a lot of songs :dance:

I really, really, really appreciate the work, but personally I am not hyped, since I don't like Genesis that much.
I guess there are a lot of users who will enjoy all these songs.
Posted Image

[My other customs: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1975]

#7 Hetz

Hetz

Beacon of Positivity

• 761 posts

Posted October 7, 2014 - 08:01 PM

I am hyped beyond belief for this! All my favorites seem like they will be represented in this mammoth undertaking! Thank you so much for doing this! :)

#8 CrazyCanuck

CrazyCanuck
  • 392 posts

Posted October 7, 2014 - 08:47 PM

While describing some previous weeks releases, I have misused the word epic. My bad.
This release is EPIC!

#9 coolfeline

coolfeline
  • 480 posts

Posted October 7, 2014 - 11:27 PM

I really, really, really appreciate the work, but personally I am not hyped, since I don't like Genesis that much.

:(

Kill him :smug:

I generally dislike myself.

#10 Gigakoops

Gigakoops

Resident Movie Nerd

• 1,094 posts

Posted October 7, 2014 - 11:32 PM

This person has a differing opinion than mine, but he has the right to it, and I shall respect it.

fix'd

#11 coolfeline

coolfeline
  • 480 posts

Posted October 7, 2014 - 11:38 PM

This person has a differing opinion than mine, but he has the right to it, and I shall respect it.

fix'd

That was a joke directed at him not liking Genesis. Not meant to harm in any way, just sheer playfulness.

TrojanNemo, I agree, cuz holy crap would that amount would be amazing!

#12 Farottone

Farottone

• Administrator
  • 6,466 posts

Posted October 7, 2014 - 11:38 PM

We know that this pack is not gonna be "mainstream", but we wanted to do a good release for a great band, so no worries if you don't like the band, we're doing this because it feels good. :)

#13 coolfeline

coolfeline
  • 480 posts

Posted October 7, 2014 - 11:40 PM

We know that this pack is not gonna be "mainstream", but we wanted to do a good release for a great band, so no worries if you don't like the band, we're doing this because it feels good. :)

I am thinking this pack would likely include Land Of Confusion would it not? Or is the "not mainstream" meaning it is all rough cuts?

Or did I miss the meaning all together?

#14 Farottone

Farottone

• Administrator
  • 6,466 posts

Posted October 7, 2014 - 11:52 PM

I am thinking this pack would likely include Land Of Confusion would it not? Or is the "not mainstream" meaning it is all rough cuts?

Mainstream as a release, meaning probably Origins of Metal will get more downloads per song. About Land of Confusion, did you even play the preview video? :)

#15 Colonel 32dll

Colonel 32dll
  • 790 posts

Posted October 8, 2014 - 12:51 AM

I can't imagine the hours poured into this. This will be amazing even if there are no more songs than we've already heard! I am psyched! :dance:

If you guys drop "Keep it Dark" on us, I'll plotz! :what:

#16 coolfeline

coolfeline
  • 480 posts

Posted October 8, 2014 - 01:46 AM

Mainstream as a release, meaning probably Origins of Metal will get more downloads per song. About Land of Confusion, did you even play the preview video? :)

Oh right...

#17 Sideshow

Sideshow
  • 2,598 posts

Posted October 8, 2014 - 04:29 AM

I'm actually not very familiar with 70's Genesis but rather was exposed vastly to 80's Genesis growing up as a kid. This release will be a fantastic way to get exposed to their music. Its much better to actually interact with the music than just listen to it as itself. Plan on playing all of these on drums.

#18 questionmark

questionmark
  • 548 posts

Posted October 8, 2014 - 05:03 AM

I'm likewise not a huge Genesis fan, but am finding myself excited about how you guys are packaging and presenting this project. And awesome that you are continuing to add to the C3 roster of complete albums.

#19 pksage

pksage

Mostly-Benevolent Overlord

• Administrator
  • 1,109 posts

Posted October 8, 2014 - 02:03 PM

As mentioned, at least part of this release will definitely be "mainstream / famous enough for a Harmonix release" songs. We have no plans to drop our dedication to that ideal.

#20 Hetz

Hetz

Beacon of Positivity

• 761 posts

Posted October 8, 2014 - 04:57 PM

As mentioned, at least part of this release will definitely be "mainstream / famous enough for a Harmonix release" songs. We have no plans to drop our dedication to that ideal.

Yeah, going by the preview video: That's All, Land of Confusion, No Son Of Mine and Invisible Touch....at the very least would be "mainstream" enough for a HMX release. Heck even Tonight, Tonight, Tonight and Follow You, Follow Me would probably qualify.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users