Linos' Full Band Customs - 6/5 (The L-Train - A Symphonic Metal Tribute to Steven Universe) [Update + New Karaoke Version]

• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

#41 Jusey1

Jusey1
  • 658 posts

Posted June 24, 2015 - 09:34 PM

Surprisingly, not a huge fan of Tarby even though "Little Sister" was one of my favorite tracks of 2014.
~My Customs~
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1111

~My Custom Fixes and Upgrades~
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1569

#42 CloserToTheSun

CloserToTheSun
  • 11 posts

Posted June 26, 2015 - 03:25 AM

Huh, shame those newest two weren't released prior to Everfree. Your custom of "I'll Fly" was a crowd pleaser in the Electronic Game Room up there, so thanks!

#43 Linos Melendi

Linos Melendi
  • 110 posts

Posted July 22, 2015 - 11:27 AM

A new song by The L-Train, like it's name says, it's a 12 minute long epic symphonic metal song covering 11 songs from the first season of the show Steven Universe.

Posted Image
Video 2x Bass Pedal

My customs thread

My customs spreadsheet (120+ songs)

The 0.1% of Pro Keys players

#44 AkiraNomuraBCN

AkiraNomuraBCN

Phase Shift Guy 2

• 366 posts

Posted July 22, 2015 - 01:44 PM

Thanks for doing Phase Shift versions of your charts and thanks for Multitracks!!!

Can you tell how to do expert+ difficulty?

PS: And good luck for J-Rock Band Project

#45 Linos Melendi

Linos Melendi
  • 110 posts

Posted July 22, 2015 - 05:30 PM

Thanks for doing Phase Shift versions of your charts and thanks for Multitracks!!!

Can you tell how to do expert+ difficulty?

PS: And good luck for J-Rock Band Project

You just place the double bass pedal notes one note below the normal kick and Phase Shift will automatically add expert+
Posted Image

My customs thread

#46 AkiraNomuraBCN

AkiraNomuraBCN

Phase Shift Guy 2

• 366 posts

Posted July 22, 2015 - 07:07 PM

Thanks!

#47 Linos Melendi

Linos Melendi
  • 110 posts

Posted July 25, 2015 - 12:05 AM

Another Steven Universe song, this one from the actual show. Thanks to BravoGangUS for doing the expert drums

7/24/15
Posted Image
Video

My customs thread

#48 CloserToTheSun

CloserToTheSun
  • 11 posts

Posted July 25, 2015 - 12:19 AM

Another Steven Universe song, this one from the actual show. Thanks to BravoGangUS for doing the expert drums

7/24/15
Posted Image
Video

I love you.

#49 Linos Melendi

Linos Melendi
  • 110 posts

Posted August 13, 2015 - 03:11 PM

Finished another song from the Rainbow Rocks album, "Welcome to the Show" by Daniel Ingram. This was a few months overdue but I hope you enjoy it.

8/13/15
Posted Image
Video

My customs thread

#50 Linos Melendi

Linos Melendi
  • 110 posts

Posted August 17, 2015 - 09:05 PM

Another song from the Academy of Power album, "A Light, An Answer" by Plum Creek Rhythm Section.

2007excalibur2007 did Expert Guitar/Bass/Drums/5-Button Keys and the Vocal/Harmonies.
He asked me to do the reductions and Pro Keys. I also went ahead and charted the 2-Handed Real Keys part for Phase Shift as well.

8/17/15
Posted Image
Video

My customs thread

#51 Linos Melendi

Linos Melendi
  • 110 posts

Posted August 19, 2015 - 02:21 AM

This song was featured in the Metal Gear Solid V E3 2014 Trailer, "Nuclear" by Mike Oldfield.
With MGS5 just two weeks away, I went ahead and charted this song. Hope you guys enjoy it.

8/18/15
Posted Image
Video

My customs thread

#52 veritasisacerbus

veritasisacerbus
  • 150 posts

Posted August 19, 2015 - 02:50 AM

Thank you SO much Linos
This is probably my favorite if not favorite custom now :)

#53 corporalgregg

corporalgregg
  • 141 posts

Posted August 19, 2015 - 04:40 AM

Thanks! Can't wait for MGS5.

#54 RedVIII

RedVIII
  • 66 posts

Posted August 22, 2015 - 12:46 PM

OMG Nuclear! Yes, thanks. The MGSV Hype is real. :D

#55 Cuban Legend

Cuban Legend
  • 120 posts

Posted August 23, 2015 - 03:23 AM

MGSV hype! Has anyone done that one reveal trailer song by Garbage - Not Your Kind of People? always wanted to sing that in full-band.

#56 RedVIII

RedVIII
  • 66 posts

Posted August 25, 2015 - 04:51 PM

BTW, I'm pretty sure you charted the drums on Nuclear halftime, but in reality it has more highhat hits. (twice as much more or less)

#57 Linos Melendi

Linos Melendi
  • 110 posts

Posted August 25, 2015 - 05:44 PM

BTW, I'm pretty sure you charted the drums on Nuclear halftime, but in reality it has more highhat hits. (twice as much more or less)

It sounded it pretty clear in the instrumental. You sure that's not the tambourines you're hearing since those are playing twice as much?

My customs thread

#58 ElectricSkylab

ElectricSkylab
  • 63 posts

Posted August 25, 2015 - 10:09 PM

STANDING

#59 RedVIII

RedVIII
  • 66 posts

Posted August 28, 2015 - 02:18 PM

It sounded it pretty clear in the instrumental. You sure that's not the tambourines you're hearing since those are playing twice as much?

It's difficult to hear but I'm a drummer and I'm pretty sure it has more highhat hits, because it feels very unnatural to play it the way you charted it. I think you just think you hear it halftime because the drummer is emphasizing the first and third hit on the high hat.
Also, I found a cover on Youtube where the drummer plays it with more highhat hits as well. Sure, it's only a cover, so it could be wrong, but as a drummer I'm pretty sure that's the way it is played, since, like I said, it feels very strange and unnatural to play it half time, for this kind of song.
Would love to get a second version of it with the high hat charted with more hits, but only if you're up to it. ;)
(or, if you like, you can send me the files and I update the charts)

#60 Linos Melendi

Linos Melendi
  • 110 posts

Posted August 28, 2015 - 04:50 PM

It's difficult to hear but I'm a drummer and I'm pretty sure it has more highhat hits, because it feels very unnatural to play it the way you charted it. I think you just think you hear it halftime because the drummer is emphasizing the first and third hit on the high hat.
Also, I found a cover on Youtube where the drummer plays it with more highhat hits as well. Sure, it's only a cover, so it could be wrong, but as a drummer I'm pretty sure that's the way it is played, since, like I said, it feels very strange and unnatural to play it half time, for this kind of song.
Would love to get a second version of it with the high hat charted with more hits, but only if you're up to it. ;)
(or, if you like, you can send me the files and I update the charts)

I'm still pretty sure hi hats are playing 1/4 while tambourines are 1/8

So I upped the highs and lowered the mids & lows and you can clearly hear the difference between the hi hats and tambourines

The few times hi hats do play 1/8th notes is during some fills which I did chart

Unless I get a second opinion I'm not changing it.

My customs thread

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users