Sep 5, 2014 - Six hits from the '90s

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#41 beastman

beastman
  • 149 posts

Posted September 8, 2014 - 04:02 PM

Another great week of songs! Please keep it going. Some weeks aren't my thing, but then I just wait and end up with back-to-back weeks of pure gold.

Thank you authors who put in all the hard work that I don't. :) I like how y'all frequently pick songs that I really like even though you don't have to.

#42 Damage Inc.

Damage Inc.
  • 139 posts

Posted September 9, 2014 - 03:06 PM

Sorry first time user, how much do the xbox 360 songs cost?

#43 Farottone

Farottone

The Lean Mean Customs Charting Machine

• Administrator
  • 6,464 posts

Posted September 9, 2014 - 03:08 PM

Sorry first time user, how much do the xbox 360 songs cost?

We don't sell anything here, it's all community generated content making no profit whatosever from this. You can freely download the files.

#44 Xenochria

Xenochria
  • 19 posts

Posted September 11, 2014 - 03:48 PM

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but there is a separated keys/rest of band track for Tonight, Tonight. They released a remastered edition of Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness last year, and two of the bonus tracks on there are Tonight, Tonight (Band Version only, No Strings) and Tonight, Tonight (Strings Alone Mix), which can be used as multitracks if only for keys/rest of band. If you need them, let me know and I will provide.

#45 Farottone

Farottone

• Administrator
  • 6,464 posts

Posted September 11, 2014 - 04:19 PM

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but there is a separated keys/rest of band track for Tonight, Tonight. They released a remastered edition of Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness last year, and two of the bonus tracks on there are Tonight, Tonight (Band Version only, No Strings) and Tonight, Tonight (Strings Alone Mix), which can be used as multitracks if only for keys/rest of band. If you need them, let me know and I will provide.

Unless they're released in multitracks format, having two versions with different mixing doesn't mean you can subtract one from the other. We have quite a bit of those versions (Jagged Little Pill being one fine example) and they don't line up. Maybe those do of course, but "can be used as multitracks" (if in fact are what I suggested they are) is generally optimistic.

#46 Nightmare Lyra

Nightmare Lyra

Ukulele Hero

• 1,957 posts

Posted September 11, 2014 - 04:20 PM

Unless they're released in multitracks format, having two versions with different mixing doesn't mean you can subtract one from the other. We have quite a bit of those versions (Jagged Little Pill being one fine example) and they don't line up. Maybe those do of course, but "can be used as multitracks" (if in fact are what I suggested they are) is generally optimistic.

I think what Xeno asks is if it would be possible to use those stems to have Keys mute when missing notes in-game with the rest of the audio in the backing

horror_movie_special fan club member

#47 Xenochria

Xenochria
  • 19 posts

Posted September 11, 2014 - 04:25 PM

I think what Xeno asks is if it would be possible to use those stems to have Keys mute when missing notes in-game with the rest of the audio in the backing

Yeah this, exactly. It means when the keys miss, the strings only track layered on top will mute out. Better than nothing I guess.

#48 Farottone

Farottone

• Administrator
  • 6,464 posts

Posted September 11, 2014 - 04:42 PM

Yep, the reply stands. :) As I said, unless that Strings Only mix is actually the strings stem taken from the complete mix (possible of course, I don't know the details), the problem remains. If you layer one on top of the other, if it's not the strings track taken from the full mix, chances are timing is off.

Point is, if the author wants to try, please do, but from a user point of view, sadly having these different mixes does not an automatic multitrack version make.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users